Yamaha RD350 concept

mania

Is it a concept by Yamaha?? or a photoshopped bike ??

I really hope the 2 strokes once will make there come back ( although not likely) But they do have the technic to make the 2 strokes pass emission tests.

It really looks like the "old" RD's styling

post-143096-0-97025600-1414410309_thumb.post-143096-0-71074100-1414410314_thumb.

Is it a concept by Yamaha?? or a photoshopped bike ??

I really hope the 2 strokes once will make there come back ( although not likely) But they do have the technic to make the 2 strokes pass emission tests.

It really looks like the "old" RD's styling

attachicon.gifrd 1985.jpgattachicon.gifyamaha-awesome-white-red-decal-sporty-yamaha-rd-350-ypvs-motorcycle-photo-retro-yamaha-rd-350-parallel-twin-engine-motorcycles.jpg

Yes many times these days when they say "Concept" they mean anyone's & not necessarily an official concept per se'

This one is definitely not Yamaha's concept just a fan's

Agree with you though they do have the technology to resurrect 2 strokes but if they will is another question

The cool thing about that pic is anyone who rode the RD's knows what power it had just overwhelmed the frame & suspension of those days

But in a modern frame with modern suspension it would be a blast to ride wink.png

Edited by mania

!But don't take our word for it - here's the official line from Yamaha: "We can confirm that there is absolutely no chance of a new, large-capacity two-stroke ever seeing the light of day again in a road bike again, let alone a new RD350"

Unfortunately just a dream .. a nice dream though!

Those kind of concepts by fans, should be followed by the big manufactures, nowadays many designs look like something from a transformers movie, a more or less classic styling, with modern frame/suspension/brakes would IMO sell ( to elderly bikers :-)

Maybe more bikes to come like the new Ducati Scrambler

Personally would really love to see a modern "remake" of the 1980's Suzuki Katana's

• Like 1

The cool thing about that pic is anyone who rode the RD's knows what power it had just overwhelmed the frame & suspension of those days

Had an RD400 and found it to handle well. Embarrassed many larger displacement bikes when the roads were twisty.

But had Konis on the rear.

Brakes excellent.

Had an RD400 and found it to handle well. Embarrassed many larger displacement bikes when the roads were twisty.

But had Konis on the rear.

Brakes excellent.

Me too

Here's another concept ( from 2008) from another legendary Yamaha 2 stroke: the RD 500

attachicon.gifrd 500.jpgattachicon.gifrd 500 2.jpg

When the RD500 was the new kid on the block I was young enough and stupid enough to really really want one but didn't have the cash to splash! They weren't cheap. I vaguely remember someone said they were $65k....or was it $75k for a track bike.