Day trips from Pattaya?

powdermonkey

If I were you, I wouldn't start from there !

But Ancient City in Samut Prakan or Chachoengsaw has some interesting temples one with a bats ( Wat Pho Bang Khla ) or Ang Sila where they make stone pestle and mortars etc and has a very colorful Chinese temple, Satahip has a turtle nature reserve.

Bang Saray, 18K south of Pattaya, a wonderful little seaside village with a great beach area to the south of town.

Milatary beach, 19K just past Bang Saray, this beach is the most beautiful in the area and almost no crowds. Just drop your ID off at the front and drive on down.

Ban Chang, some great bars on one Soi if that is of internet and a good drive about 45 minutes.

Ban Phe by Koh Samet, but don't go to the island (I think it's pathetic), stay on the mainland and continue south for a day drive and see and enjoy the wonderful beaches.

Edited by oneday
  • Like 2

Bang Saray, 18K south of Pattaya, a wonderful little seaside village with a great beach area to the south of town.

Milatary beach, 19K just past Bang Saray, this beach is the most beautiful in the area and almost no crowds. Just drop your ID off at the front and drive on down.

Ban Chang, some great bars on one Soi if that is of internet and a good drive about 45 minutes.

Ban Phe by Koh Samet, but don't go to the island (I think it's pathetic), stay on the mainland and continue south for a day drive and see and enjoy the wonderful beaches.

The military beach is a great place to visit, but try during the week. Weekends, they limit access to part of the beach by private vehicle and it's PACKED! 55555

BC is a meetup place for bikers on the weekends.

Great recommendations!

why don't u like Samet?????

ONEDAY - Re Military Beach - I thought they would not allow foreigners in to these areas? I once tried driving in to the area from Sattahip side and they would not allow me in despite my Thai Driving License and thai family - is this not the case with Military Beach?

ONEDAY - Re Military Beach - I thought they would not allow foreigners in to these areas? I once tried driving in to the area from Sattahip side and they would not allow me in despite my Thai Driving License and thai family - is this not the case with Military Beach?

There are several military beaches . the one you found we went to also. Unless you are full Thai you don't gain admittance. The one in Bang Saray is open to all the public. Just leave your ID or your Thai girls id at the front gate office & your in.

Powder we used to have a group of us that would go out from Pattaya to Rayong. It was a nice run & if you want you can get on it & back off the throttle & catch up with the group. Too bad no-one has organized a ride lately. I am ready for a ride. Rayong about a 4-5 hour day with stops & time to relax in Rayong for a bit. The traffic is not at all bad out that way & no pesty slow turtle crawlers cluttering up the road like Pattaya.

I have a favourit 200km loop go out of pattaya to 331 up past bowin then head east towards wang noi and later back roads to wang chan then east cross country to panat nikom over the hills and down to rayong up to ban chang for a bite and rest and then home to pattaya mostly empty bend country roads with good surfaces and great views .

also kao chamao the mountains of chantaburi trat and other great routes ,, I must have a dozen or more great rides in my list

Thanks for all the suggestions! Might mark them all on a map and start planning a few trips.

Just hoping the roads might be fixed soon after all the rain........haha not likely.

What kind of bike you ride powdermonkey ?

Thanks for all the suggestions! Might mark them all on a map and start planning a few trips.

Just hoping the roads might be fixed soon after all the rain........haha not likely.

What kind of bike you ride powdermonkey ?

Ducati M796 with a few extras.

Would have preferred to get another Triumph (last one was SSSA 955i) but no way was I going to pay Thailand prices for a Triumph. The other option I was tossing around was getting a 899 Pani but after living in Pattaya for 6 months, the 899 wouldn't be the most comfortable or satisfying ride around here. Overall, I am happier than I thought I would be with the M796 - but tis a pity the M821 wasn't released for domestic sale in Thailand when they started manufacturing them here or I would have got that instead!