Tim 'Sharky' Ward confronts Pattaya Police over allegations of theft

webfact

Looks like the kind of guy I usually get sat near on the aeroplane. Heckles the stewardess for alcohol and is smashed after about 4 hours. Then proceeds to get aggressive when they won't give him any more.

Are we sure he's not British ?.

Yes. He's a New Zealander and he doesn't drink alcohol.

"Police made little attempt to control Mr. Ward, and we were told by one officer, who does not wish to be named, that they feel intimidated by Mr. Ward due to his size and reports that he carries a knife."

So, the police with guns are intimidated and think it best to sit humbly and wait for him to leave. As they know he is carrying a knife, and could kill somebody best he go outside and kill a shop owner or tourist.

whistling.gifclap2.gif

It is reported he carries a knife. He did not brandish a knife and no knife was reported to have been seen by police. No complaint was made to police.

Therefore to do what you suggest would have been condemned on here as unreasonable search.

Furthermore, it would have ended in sharky eventually being shot because in his frame of mind he would have fought. The police are smart and when the time is right, Sharky will go down--but for now he is a cashcow so why kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Sorry for mixed metaphors.

It was the tourist officer who was intimidated,may have to translate gibberish to Thai.

He isnt a drinker, and he isnt a drug user (other than muscle enhancing drugs). He has self admitted that in his man purse he carries a bottle containing some sort of acid to use in self defence as he has stated that if he was to get swarmed, he knows he would lose.

He has also stabbed a Canadian on the beach. http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/angry-kiwi-beefcake-stabs-canadian-english-teacher-in-pattaya/

He has also openly admitted in various social media places that he "takes care of the beach road girls for 500 baht per week, and if they have problems with a customer, he goes and sorts it out".

Lots of youtube interviews with him out there. Interesting to follow his comments on facebook. He sure isn't afraid to speak his mind.

And you believe everything you read on social media!!!!

Bloody hell !!!

How can some of you blame the Aussie?

If his story is true and I don't have any reason to doubt it, THE POLICE are to be blamed and questioned, I DON'T give a rats ... what he looks like or why he had money and gold in his apartment.

What I do care about is his story of events, VERY disturbing if it's true, which I again have to say, I don't doubt.

I'm not going to defend him as a person, that's completely up to him to do himself but what's really disturbing is that what happened to 'Sharky' could happen to anyone, we all farangs should stick together whatever the person is like.

If he's a criminal, that will take care of itself in the long run, but to be framed like that, 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gifangry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.pngangry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.pngangry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png .

GET A GRIP ON YOURSELVES for christ sake.

• Like 1

Maybe one day you will be shaken down by the police and have drugs planted on you.

Then maybe you will see HIS point of view.

Personally, I treat everyone with the same respect despite their appearance.

But seems most of you back up the Pattaya police here because of Sharky's appearance.

You need to learn about Sharky before you cast him in the role of victim.

• Like 1

did you read whole story?

his apartament was broken in, he reported it to police

then 6 or 8 plain clothes cops turned out and threw everything out of his drawers

and they planted crack pipes

gold and money gone

he wasnt arrested, and crack pipes dissapeared

when later asked about it, police said drugs were misunderstanding !

it was a planed robbery

• Like 1

• 1 Million Baht in cash and 1 Kilo of Gold just sitting around in the house.

28th September.

On Monday Morning he was back at Pattaya Police Station and was accompanied by two foreign men who were filming the encounter.

that they feel intimidated by Mr. Ward due to his size and reports that he carries a knife. Police normally refrain from engaging with Mr. Ward who normally leaves the Station without incident.

On Monday Morning, one local Journalist, Khun Chocktawee aged 46, claims he was assaulted by Mr. Ward

Thoughts after reading the above...

Pattaya Police seems to have an exceptional level of tolerance - and if these incidents continue, then we could say that the whole of Thailand would be having an exceptional level of tolerance.

'Mr' Sharky's behavior would not be half tolerated in most other countries.

• 28th September.
  • On Monday Morning he was back at Pattaya Police Station and was accompanied by two foreign men who were filming the encounter.
  • that they feel intimidated by Mr. Ward due to his size and reports that he carries a knife. Police normally refrain from engaging with Mr. Ward who normally leaves the Station without incident.
  • On Monday Morning, one local Journalist, Khun Chocktawee aged 46, claims he was assaulted by Mr. Ward
Pattaya Police seems to have an exceptional level of tolerance - and if these incidents continue, then we could say that the whole of Thailand would be having an exceptional level of tolerance.

or thats cuz they guilty?

ATM machine = Sharky.

Every time the police need to refill their coffers, they only need to charge him with any offense they wish.

No need to deport or harass Sharky for fear he will leave Thailand. The police love him! Once he cannot pay them, then we might read a headline of a different sort....

It Takes Two To Tango - so all's fair and square.

tongue.png

• 28th September.
  • On Monday Morning he was back at Pattaya Police Station and was accompanied by two foreign men who were filming the encounter.
  • that they feel intimidated by Mr. Ward due to his size and reports that he carries a knife. Police normally refrain from engaging with Mr. Ward who normally leaves the Station without incident.
  • On Monday Morning, one local Journalist, Khun Chocktawee aged 46, claims he was assaulted by Mr. Ward

or thats cuz they guilty?

Even if guilty...

I just started working in a drug rehab. One of the clients was to be turfed for breaking rules. The gentleman just spent 15 years in goal, and was a known enforcer of his prison rules. As I was the junior in the rehab a senior counsellor was to evict him. Everyone was scared of him, as his size was a little bit bigger than Mr Sharky. Being annoyed with the lack of balls by my seniors, I said I would speak to him. 35 minutes later we both walked out of the room like old mates. I was asked what was happening. I said the gentleman was leaving, and that was that.

I was asked how I did it.

Just appealed to his better side. He had been locked up for 15 years and wanted to go and see his wife. Although bonded to the rehab, I said I had no problem with that and if he wanted to come back he was more than welcomed. He declined my invitation and just said he wanted to get home. I even said we would give him a head start before we notifyed Probation and Parole. I think he was glad that some one talked to him about his tenure at the rehab and was happy to hear that he could go.

While in the room discussing what happened the previous night and explaining our rules I looked at this man' arms. They were big and tattooed but also had many knife marks. Maybe something he encountered when making sure his rules were followed in goal?

My point is, you can usually talk down situations without developing a full confrontation. Then again some people have to let off steam before they will head out the door and want to perform in front of others. I never let that happen, as it could turn the situation.

I spent over 15 years working with drug and alcohol clients and can't think of a time I felt threatened.

Chris, Really interesting post.

Just for a laugh, who was he in goal for - Manchester United?. Only joking...cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Thanks Emilymat.

A man you didn't cross but as long as you were calm an easy person to talk too. He just wanted someone to understand him.

We had two other guys bonded as well. I caught them with this gentleman doing the shuffle, walking backwards and forwards. Spoke to one of the guys doing the pacing and said you know better. He just said that the gentleman thought better when he paced and that there was no way he wanted to upset him. The reason for that was if they were roomies again, he wanted to keep on his good side. This I could understand; empathy of some kind always helps.

did you read whole story?

his apartament was broken in, he reported it to police

then 6 or 8 plain clothes cops turned out and threw everything out of his drawers

and they planted crack pipes

gold and money gone

he wasnt arrested, and crack pipes dissapeared

when later asked about it, police said drugs were misunderstanding !

it was a planed robbery

Who let the gold and money in the room if they broke in? If the Police can take it so easy, the burglars took it already!!!

Some very easy question:

Who break in a Appartement and stole NOTHING???

Why the Police can take the gold and money and the burglars NOT???

Why him call the Police if nothing was stolen???

And at last, the crack pipe maybe not belonged to him but to his Bar girls???

• Like 1

The situation is almost comical. I theorize the guy does not have a bit of the money or cars (rented) he pretends to have and simply thrives on a few baht from street hookers, selling steroids and whatever else he cam muster. So the guy lives with a bunch of hookers, talks about being a pimp all over the internet, sells illegal steroids online to whoever in whatever country and then cries when they go after him lol. Most likely he will not be admitted on re-entry to Thailand, will be kicked out or go to jail for the drugs found wherever they came from. Sharky has been here long enough to know how things work but this is not how things work what he is doing. Foolish.

Spot on,rich crooks don't put themselves under scrutiny.Just a blow hard bully.No way he is running hookers on Beach Rd,thats the BIB job,don't rekon they are into sharing with a clown like that.When he has outlived his usefulness,he'll be gone,won way or another.

• Like 1

It's hard to have any sympathy for a guy who posts pictures of himself fondling 18 yr old prostitutes all over Twitter and Facebook accompanied by degrading comments about Thai women. Prostitutes or not, his Facebook page should be taken down, as I'm sure none of the girls involved agreed to having their working status advertised to 100,000 of his followers, not to mention that members of their families could easily come across the pictures.

Anyway, that aside, this story is quite concerning. I have no doubt he is telling the truth, and the CCTV in his apartment building did capture the accused cop and his team -(deleted link and reference to that)

I wonder how the police are going to shut him up. He has already been on Thai TV and Australian TV with this story and continues to harm the reputation of Pattaya police and Thailand as a whole. They couldn't just bump him off now; that would be too obvious. But surely they want him out?

I guess one big problem is that they have no grounds to blacklist him, and he owns a few condos – so what would happen to those properties if they did kick him out?

..............................."degrading comments about Thai women".........................................

Twitter and Facebook probably don't have a rule regarding making nasty comments about Thai people like TVF does. But that does not stop them posting degrading comments here about the country and Thai people in general. Not good for the forum.

Regarding the guy who was assaulted by Sharky, he should consider himself lucky he only received a damaged shoulder bag strap.

I understand that he does represent the girls when they are in trouble. Some how I think he is just rubbing it in Kenny. Such a young man.

I am not sure but I think Mr Ward collected owed monies in OZ? So the jurno was lucky that his strap fell apart? Probably poor quality strap the poor dear had over his shoulder.

Maybe one day you will be shaken down by the police and have drugs planted on you.

Then maybe you will see HIS point of view.

Personally, I treat everyone with the same respect despite their appearance.

But seems most of you back up the Pattaya police here because of Sharky's appearance.

Based my opinion just now on the links that fritz posted above.

Society does not need the type of loan shark that Sharky has chosen for a livelihood.

You know what the costs are before you take the cash. That is like saying i took out finance for a BMW but i am only willing to pay the same price as a Vios because they are both simply cars. Lending money to scum bags, thieves and other high risk outcasts is not the same practice. You need more staff to retrieve it, more loans go unpaid, the risks are much higher all around. This service is available, the banks will not entertain these people for a reason.

It's not without some kind of irony that the Gold Coast's top crook get's ripped of by Thai cops...

Gold Coast bikeys would have more money and brains than him.The top crooks are the ones that are never caught.Fleecing beach hookers and lending money would keep you in kow phat and thats all.

I've never met the guy and have no desire to,. I have no idea whether what he asserts is true or not nor do I care. But EIGHT PAGES of posting in a single morning sure indicates that the bloke is controversial.

Not really,just calling the bloke out on his BS.You have to find your niche in Patts,no good being Secret Service,CIA,MI6,rich land agent,Russian oligart,to many of them already.With his big physic and small brains their was only one way to go,small town bully.The smiling police don't seem overly concerned.

• Like 1