Obama loses his shine in Asia as Xi and Putin steal the limelight

webfact

I lost my bet. Looks like Obama will make it through both terms. The economy is kind of on an upturn. Not only that, he made history being the first "Minority" president. Have to hand it to him, never got impeached. Must know the consitution enough to push the limit, without judicial proceedings.

His 2 term dance is, however, almost finished. Next. Who will it be? I think Hillary is more of a Bear than Putin. Eh?hillaryclinton+hilary+hillary+clinton+se

Edited by slipperylobster

I lost my bet. Looks like Obama will make it through both terms.

Only because the Republicans are more concerned about winning the next presidential election than getting him impeached a few months before he would be out of office anyway. He has violated the constitution a number of times and is about to do it again in a big way.

His approval rating has fallen to a horrendous 40 per cent.

That is what happens when you elect someone on a racist basis.

Yes he was.....

The only reason he was elected was not because he was best for the job or a brilliant leader, it was because he was black, and the public thought it about time they had a black president.

After the elections, all you heard all over the media was the fact the the USA had its first black president.

Prior to Obama's running for presidency, hardly any black people came out to vote. But once a black man run, then they all come out of the woodwork, making the election the most racially motivated event in the history of the USA.

No, I am not racist for saying this... It is just fact, that most people would not dare to admit to, for fear of being called 'racist', but they know I am right.

People need to learn to vote for whom they believe is best for the nation, not the colour of their skin.

Or their sex as Australia found out recently. First female PM...but worst PM ever.

• Like 1

It's interesting to see what the passage of time does to elevate a former President's reputation. Reagan is venerated as some sorrt of demigod now. There was talk of carving his face on Mt. Rushmore, and replacing Al Hamilton's face on the $10 note with his shiny pompadour. The man was in the early stages of Alzheimers, and everything he did was scripted by his handlers: Regan, Baker, Nancy and her astrologer.

Jimmy Carter is now admired as an elder statesman, but when he was in office he was reviled for taking a hard stance on the nebulous concept of "human rights", dropping out of the Olympic Games, and getting the sheiks and mullahs so mad at us we had to line up for gas, and our embassy in Teheran got overrun.

Bill Clinton is now rock star popular, but while in office he was a constant target of the GOP fringe. He took even more flack from them than Barry O gets now.

The biggest joke of all is the sudden love that the supremely inept George W. Bush is getting. He hung out in Crawford, TX every chance he got while the vile DICK Cheney ran things. We haven't yet recovered from the damage those two caused.

So, in a few short years the PR rehab of Obama will have us all (maybe not quite all) waxing nostalgic about his two terms.

Edited by Frank James
  • Like 1

It's interesting to see what the passage of time does to elevate a former President's reputation. Reagan is venerated as some sorrt of demigod now. There was talk of carving his face on Mt. Rushmore, and replacing Al Hamilton's face on the $10 note with his shiny pompadour. The man was in the early stages of Alzheimers, and everything he did was scripted by his handlers: Regan, Baker, Nancy and her astrologer.

Jimmy Carter is now admired as an elder statesman, but when he was in office he was reviled for taking a hard stance on the nebulous concept of "human rights", dropping out of the Olympic Games, and getting the sheiks and mullahs so mad at us we had to line up for gas, and our embassy in Teheran got overrun.

Bill Clinton is now rock star popular, but while in office he was a constant target of the GOP fringe. He took even more flack from them than Barry O gets now.

The biggest joke of all is the sudden love that the supremely inept George W. Bush is getting. He hung out in Crawford, TX every chance he got while the vile DICK Cheney ran things. We haven't yet recovered from the damage those two caused.

So, in a few short years the PR rehab of Obama will have us all (maybe not quite all) waxing nostalgic about his two terms.

Funny, I remember Carter for double digit inflation, a 20 percent Fed fund rate, unemployment, fiascoes in Nicaragua, Iran, and Afghanistan. Oh, yes, and the Killer Rabbit.

From the OP....

President Xi Jinping of China dominated the Apec meeting with a proposal for a two-year study on a free-trade deal in Asia-Pacific, ahead of its deployment by 2025.

Xi got this as a consolation prize after Prez Obama blocked Xi's proposal to fast track Xi's trade zone to sooner than 2025. Everyone knows what a study means in politics or government and Xi got a two-year study besides laugh.png Xi's trade zone is more on track for the year 2525 than anything else.

Xi didn't dominate crap. Prez Obama twisted Xi's arm to accept Japan PM Abe's request repeated since Abe took office in December 2013 for a face to face meeting. Xi had to capitulate to Washing yet again on this one too.

The OP is in Xi's back pocket. The OP's piece is straight out party propaganda presented to the public as news and commentary. The OP likes and advocates for the CCP's dictatorship, nothing more or better. The piece certainly is not journalism.

To those who remarked to my post #17 I would say that the word agreement was in quotation marks which denotes some irony in the use of the word.

Secondly the use of the term "per capita" is totally misleading (beloved by "greenies" I suspect) in context of TOTAL carbon emissions, per country, that may be leading to an increase of global warming. Lies, lies and damned statistics, is a quotation that comes to mind!

A thought. At the end of the last Ice Age, how much of the global warming was caused or contributed to by humans? Or was nature also at work (i.e. Sun activity)?

His approval rating has fallen to a horrendous 40 per cent.

That is what happens when you elect someone on a racist basis.

Yes he was.....

The only reason he was elected was not because he was best for the job or a brilliant leader, it was because he was black, and the public thought it about time they had a black president.

After the elections, all you heard all over the media was the fact the the USA had its first black president.

Prior to Obama's running for presidency, hardly any black people came out to vote. But once a black man run, then they all come out of the woodwork, making the election the most racially motivated event in the history of the USA.

No, I am not racist for saying this... It is just fact, that most people would not dare to admit to, for fear of being called 'racist', but they know I am right.

People need to learn to vote for whom they believe is best for the nation, not the colour of their skin.

Strictly speaking he isn't black but mullatto - half african-america and half-european american. That's not stopped most of the black population voting for him though wink.png

Plainly speaking he's half African not half African American, his father being Kenyan not American.

The only problem with that scenario is that the best people for the job do not run for office, regardless of sex or race... IMO, the last real president in the US was Dwight Eisenhower... Everyone since has pandered to the MIC, bankers and foreign special interest groups...

Edited by Loptr