World uncertainties linger, Thai jobless rate misleading: Supachai

webfact

The unemployment figure published by the Thai government does seem to agree with one observation I have made over the past few years. Less than 1 % of the Thai who are not employed, want to WORK for someone else and earn a living wage, The rest seem content to scrounge, steal, scam, pimp, prostitute themselves, sell drugs, etc just as long as they can get by with it.

I advertise for staff non stop 365 days per year.

On average 5 calls per day, 7 days per week. so thats 35 people calling per week, out of 35 calls only about 3 show up for interview.

99.9% of the time, their past work history is working at a place for 1-2 months.

99.9% of the time reason for leaving is "go home" or "mama sick"

Average time for break to "go home" or "mama sick" is 6 months

So in reality they work 2-3 months per year, while the rest of the time do as you mentioned.

Another interesting phenomenon, 99.9% of the time, 3 days after they started to work they try to borrow money from other staff.

99% of the time, even when desperate for money, they would not do OT.

99.99% of the time, do not even attempt to learn company rules or to follow any of it.

PS. Feel so much better after my rantfacepalm.gifbiggrin.png

What business are you in? It may be just your industry

Have a small 30 room hotel

Restaurant

Cocktail lounge bar and all the same across all 3.

Very possibly the industry and location(Pattaya) but have friends in insurance and same problem.

Another friend in automotive and also the same.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

With 2 millions civil servants working for the government and they still don't have a clue as to how

high is the unemployment rate is.. 0.9 ?? my eye.... more like 10-15% judging from all the loafers

that hangs around doing nothing all day but still, somehow, have money for beer and smokes...

Add to civil service about 300,000 active military personnel. Thailand ranks 18th out of 106 countries for size of active military forces.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/active-military-manpower.asp