Changes To British Passport Services In Thailand

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know if this is indicative of things moving quicker or if we got lucky, but my son's passport is ready for collection now making it just over 6wks start to finish. :D

How long will Trendy offices hang on to passports? Does anyone know? I'm planning to go to BKK mid-October with my other half for him to apply for his visit visa. Would be nice if we could collect the passport at the same time to get it done all during one visit....

Don't know if this is indicative of things moving quicker or if we got lucky, but my son's passport is ready for collection now making it just over 6wks start to finish. biggrin.png

How long will Trendy offices hang on to passports? Does anyone know? I'm planning to go to BKK mid-October with my other half for him to apply for his visit visa. Would be nice if we could collect the passport at the same time to get it done all during one visit....

Just email them the date you want to pick it up....smile.png

Don't know if this is indicative of things moving quicker or if we got lucky, but my son's passport is ready for collection now making it just over 6wks start to finish. biggrin.png

Just email them the date you want to pick it up....smile.png

I just got a call from them telling me to go pickup - I told them it would be 3-4 weeks before I did, "o-kay-we-will-hold-your-passport" .. The time doesn't seem to be an issue.

Maybe this can help someone,

I received my last 90 day, non-O from Malaysia, arrived promptly and within a couple of days called Trendy to organise an appointment, which turned out near on a month later, on the eve of a 4-day weekend in Thailand, i don't think the passport was dispatched immediately.

I seemed to wait a long time, reports are funds are taken 4-5 days after submission, I messed-up my payment which delayed the process for 4 days.

Nothing else until i enquired last Monday, my passport was passed for printing on 21st August .. Delivery to Trendy would be around 7-10 days.

I got a call from Trendy today (11 days after printing) .. to go and collect. Im currently on a 30-day extension, so after waiting for a cheaper flight, I guess it will be 4 months to complete the process.

My advice would be a) leave 6cm gap in your passport to get a final 'life saver' extension B) start your application well before 3 months.

• Like 2

things are getting better,thats a bloody joke,Maxine fron HMPO liverpool has just called me and told me my passport is still undergoing security checks,its now into the 14th week,it will be 15 weeks on Thursday. Talk about dragging this out,I have no changes in my passport,my piccy was countersigned,all my passport pges were colour copied and c.c. payment taken and still no f****ing passport.THis is beyond a joke now,even contacted the progress room and they can't tell me anything. So as of 15th i will be on overstay as my old passport is full. WOT A SET OF BARCLAYS

• Like 2

WOTS THIS 83 POUNDS LARK, IT COST ME 114.01 POUNDS AND PASSPORT SUBMITTED ON 29TH MAY. AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE OR DO I PAY EXTRA FOR A COURIER SERVICE WHEN I AIN'T EVEN GETTING SEND BACK TO MY HOME BUT BACK TO BLOODY BANGKOK OVER 400 KM AWAY FROM ME .

Dear forum.

Of all the letters, emails and phone conversations I have had with the UK with regards to the actual procedure a Brit citizen needs to go through to get/renew a passport in Thailand, I can sadly report that on behalf of a disabled British child in Thailand I have:-

• Had one call back, just relaying that this is the way it is. Nothing we can do.
  • Had several emails stating, not our department or we can't deal with this.
  • Actually had a letter saying "Nothing we can do about it".

My girls (12) passport will now expire in 2 weeks. The UK say they care about disabled people but believe me, they don't give a flying *uck about it.

Great pile of poo.

Edited by soihok
  • Like 2

I am now wiping my hands of this joke.

Brit / Thai she is, but it obvious the UK don't care.

Thailand is a far more caring place for her and I am sure that any Thai embassy around the world would support her application for a passport. Not the replies that I have received recently.

Shocking.

Edited by soihok

things are getting better,thats a bloody joke,Maxine fron HMPO liverpool has just called me and told me my passport is still undergoing security checks,its now into the 14th week,it will be 15 weeks on Thursday. Talk about dragging this out,I have no changes in my passport,my piccy was countersigned,all my passport pges were colour copied and c.c. payment taken and still no f****ing passport.THis is beyond a joke now,even contacted the progress room and they can't tell me anything. So as of 15th i will be on overstay as my old passport is full. WOT A SET OF BARCLAYS

Perhaps you have been a rascal at some time, eh........whistling.gif

Perhaps you have been a rascal at some time, eh........whistling.gif

My friends 13 year old daughter is certainly no rascal,and her passport took 18 weeks from start to Finnish

• Like 1

I remember your case:.

In June you stated on this thread that you were already on an overstay, also that you had been refused an exit from Thailand to Laos using your old passport:

:

Now you say that you will be on an overstay as of the 15th September; what happened, how did you mange to get a 90day stay after what happened in June?

Perhaps the delay with your passport issue relates to the dispute over repayment of your loan from the British Embassy BKK in 2011 that you referred to in the post above? FCO can be very assiduous about unpaid debt.

Your new passport application was filed at trendy on the 29th of May, it appears that you have been in discussion with HMPO now for more than eight weeks, but yet you write that you are still unaware as to why your passport remains unissued:

Now I am very confused.

Edited by digitalchromakey

I called the Passport office in England and explained that I cant supply any of the supporting documents with my address (I may be able to send a letter from my employer but im worried that it may cause problems when I go to get my visa stamp as im only on a tourist visa).they told me to send a cover letter expalining why I cant send the other documents…then they will be in touch to tell me what I can send..i asked if he could tell me what I could send and he basically said no (I thought that was his job…he wasn’t much help)

Has anyone else had this problem ?..i can send supporting documents from England but as I'm aware they need to have my Thai address on

I called the Passport office in England and explained that I cant supply any of the supporting documents with my address (I may be able to send a letter from my employer but im worried that it may cause problems when I go to get my visa stamp as im only on a tourist visa).they told me to send a cover letter expalining why I cant send the other documents…then they will be in touch to tell me what I can send..i asked if he could tell me what I could send and he basically said no (I thought that was his job…he wasn’t much help)

Has anyone else had this problem ?..i can send supporting documents from England but as I'm aware they need to have my Thai address on

When you called the 'passport office' in the UK you were actually speaking to a call centre operator from a private company called Teleperformance, they will probably have known less about overseas passport renewal than most.

If you cannot provide adequate proof of your name and address in Thailand, then HMPO won't issue your passport.

What's more you may well have a 6 week wait before HMPO contact you to flag the problem.

Send a letter from your Thai employer, that will be fine providing it's in English (or suitably translated/certified), supporting documents from the UK will only help with a UK based application.

Finally get legal - get the correct visa and work permit before you get caught and deported.

Thai immigration will not be aware of the supporting letter you supply to HMPO from your employer as proof of address.

thanks for the advice...

how about my british driving licence as photo evidence?...its been expired for 4 years but it has my british address.......does it have to match my thai address?....they said it probably be ok at the 'passport office' but if they will probably known less about overseas passport renewal than most they may not be the best people to ask

thanks for the advice...

how about my british driving licence as photo evidence?...its been expired for 4 years but it has my british address.......does it have to match my thai address?....they said it probably be ok at the 'passport office' but if they will probably known less about overseas passport renewal than most they may not be the best people to ask

No, UK driving license will not help as it has a UK address and is also not necessary - just show your old passport - that is adequate for Photo ID and a letter from your employer for address and name confirmation.

thanks for the advice...

H

No mate

The proof of address evidence needs to be less than 1 year old.

If I was you I would ask your Employer for a headed letter saying you work for this company and your address is so and so in English.

I doubt very much if the HMPO will check your work permit status.

thanks for the advice...

H

No mate

The proof of address evidence needs to be less than 1 year old.

If I was you I would ask your Employer for a headed letter saying you work for this company and your address is so and so in English.

I doubt very much if the HMPO will check your work permit status.

HMPO will not be interested in his work status.

He is more likely to be found out, or grassed up, by posting the fact on here.......... after all, he hasn't exactly got a common name smile.png

somebody told me on another forum on this site (a Titanium Member) that my drivers license would probably be ok even though expired....do i take the risk?...i can't show my old passport as i lost it...that's why i'm applying for a new one...i have a very old one that has been cut at the corners..would that be ok?

Apologies but I cannot find the answer to this question that I know has been asked before:

Has anyone used their house registration - YELLOW BOOK - as evidence of their address ?

You could only use a translation of your yellow book if you have had it for less than a year.

I thought about that and then realised it was far too old. I used a translation of the electricity bill.

to digital chromemakey, the reason i am over stayed again is i took a chance and flew out off thailand,they are not as strict as the land borders,paid my overstay and re-entered on a new visa which is valid for 3 months when this expires (90 days) i will be on overstay again and i do not have any space at all in my passport for a stamp or a visa extension etc. I want to do things legally again but i cabn not fly out again as there is nothing to put the exit stamp on.

Quick question my friend told me you can only pay by debit or credit card and you will be charged in Thai sterling. Is this correct? No cash payments? He doesn't have either and ask me to help.

The payment is processed by HMPO in the UK, you cannot pay trendy in cash.

You need a credit card or a UK valid debit card - most Thai debit cards don't work as a rule, if so they are only valid for on line use, whereas this payment is like on overseas mail order payment and not interactive.

If you already have an account with them then Kasikorn Bank offer a special shopping debit card that does work in this situation.