I don't reject an overstay customer at the hotel:did i do the wrong thing?

Two question for this topic:

-first,as i wrote as a title,this german customer came this afternoon for a 6 night check in in our hotel:at first i told him that i cant check in and i also have to report his overstay.

But after insist i decided to accept him,but told him that tomorrow he has to go clear his situation or i cant let him inside more

-second question is:from Kao Yai,where he can go for clear his overstay?He is on a 40 days overstay

Thank you

Edited by Tayida

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does have to look at his guests' passports and copy some information onto the form TM.30

For the last few months, everytime that I've checked in a Bangkok hotel, receptionists took note in their guestbooks of nationality, passport number and expiry date of permit of stay.

Meanwhile in seaside resorts, they still not even ask to see a passport...

Tayida,

From Khao Yai, he can clear his overstay by doing a border run to Aranyaprathet. It wil probably take about 3 hours each way in a car and an extra one hour at the border.

Thai immigration may ask to see a flight ticket out of the country.

Strange. No one is ever looking at my stamps and most of the time Ive Used DLs to check in.

I don't know in what kind of hotel/place you are staying, but I often accompany my friends to their hotel when they arrive in Pattaya,

and the hotel *always* asks and makes copies of their passports. xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

As for myself, the only places in Thailand who didn't ask for my passport were some small guesthouses where I was staying just for 1 night. unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

• Like 1

Strange. No one is ever looking at my stamps and most of the time Ive Used DLs to check in.

I don't know in what kind of hotel/place you are staying, but I often accompany my friends to their hotel when they arrive in Pattaya,

and the hotel *always* asks and makes copies of their passports. xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

As for myself, the only places in Thailand who didn't ask for my passport were some small guesthouses where I was staying just for 1 night. unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

i dont stay cheap guesthouses if thats what you mean? anything from medium budget and up to fancy chain hotel. same all over.

Yes they ask for passport, each time, but i give them my DL.

Can someone remind me of the fine for not reporting to immigration an alien residing in your property.

To the OP, immigrations job to deal with overstay, not yours.

Fine Figure still would be appreciated.

From immigration act.
"Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not
exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht
to 10,000 Baht."
  • Like 1

I don't wish to be a sanctimonious creep, but I would not risk my hotel licence or possible prosecution.

The hotel isn't mine:just work there.But i no want get the property in trouble and myself too.

So i just made a copy of his passport:nothing more

And for clear his 40 days overstay?

The hotel isn't mine:just work there.But i no want get the property in trouble and myself too.

The forms states "NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED"

Yes, you must report all guests, your duty as possessor of the residence.

T.M 30 can be downloaded here.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

You can also as a hotel manager do it online after getting an account at immigrations.

I don't wish to be a sanctimonious creep, but I would not risk my hotel licence or possible prosecution.

Answered already.

See post 12.

so, did you show him your work permit?