Best Breakfasts in Jomtien

JustJomtien

I thought simple simons was an not a good breakfast. Last went there a year ago and my picture was exactly the same. I found it tasteless really.

In Jomtiem, my out and out favourite place for breakfast is the Sketchbook Cafe. For more farang food, Linda's is good, the new German bakery near to Winchesters is good as well. Pig and Whistle is dependable and tasty.

I went to Simple Simon's a couple of times after immigration visits. I agree with others, it was tasteless. I find that with a lot of breakfasts in Thailand though.

• Like 1

For English B'fast I've recently eaten a couple of breakfasts at the Caddy Shack opposite Punch and Judy, Threppasit Road, Soi 8, ok it's not strictly Jomtien but not too far although you'd need transport.

Small B'fast costs 110 bt with two toast, one egg, two rashers of bacon and a very nice sausage, tinned tomatoes (apparently you can ask for grilled fresh tomato if you prefer but I like tinned) tea or coffee. Good quality tasty ingredients. The large B'fast is 140 bt but I haven't yet ordered that.

This will be a regular for me now for English B'fast having tried most of the rest.

Kai Loua

in tourist-trap Jomtien is appalling. Better British breakfasts can be found in Bangkok or Chiang Mai.

Bit of a silly comment.

blink.png

I suppose given your name any meal would be great after a few changs.

It's obvious you have forgotten just how good western grub is in western countries.

Kai Loua

in tourist-trap Jomtien is appalling. Better British breakfasts can be found in Bangkok or Chiang Mai.

Bit of a silly comment.

blink.png

It's obvious you have forgotten just how good western grub is in western countries.

Only fools judge a book by its cover.

Have a nice breakfast in Bangkok or chiang- Mai. coffee1.gif

Kai Loua

Bit of a silly comment.

blink.png

Only fools judge a book by its cover.

Have a nice breakfast in Bangkok or chiang- Mai. coffee1.gif

Nah, I just judge a book by its first few pages . Enjoy your ham and eggs.

For English B'fast I've recently eaten a couple of breakfasts at the Caddy Shack opposite Punch and Judy, Threppasit Road, Soi 8, ok it's not strictly Jomtien but not too far although you'd need transport.

Small B'fast costs 110 bt with two toast, one egg, two rashers of bacon and a very nice sausage, tinned tomatoes (apparently you can ask for grilled fresh tomato if you prefer but I like tinned) tea or coffee. Good quality tasty ingredients. The large B'fast is 140 bt but I haven't yet ordered that.

This will be a regular for me now for English B'fast having tried most of the rest.

Caddyshacks do a great breakfast and its my regular 'go to' when I'm visiting from Bangkok

The standard of Western breakfasts in tourist-trap Jomtien is appalling. Better British breakfasts can be found in Bangkok or Chiang Mai.

Better English breakfasts can also be found in London and Manchester.

This is a thread about breakfasts in Jomtien.

Duh!

And I gave my opinion. This was just a side-rant. Doubler Duh!

If anyone still thinks that a 60B breakfast cant possibly be any good, this is what you get at the Irish Wolfhound:

bgr780.jpg

well ... I don't think anywhere could be that for value ..

Coffee included? If so, I'm impressed. Looks delicious too. Don't know how the resto could make any money on that.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Rich man poor man for me, if price is irrelevant id opt for the pig and whistle at the bottom of the hill on the right side before turning to beach direction, great choice and food was good, if its still there that is, last time for me in jomtiem/patts was early this year

• 3 months later...

On the recommendation of Thai Visa readers I visited the Rich Man Poor Man Guesthouse on Jomtien Soi 5 for their breakfast and it was a very enjoyable so thanks for the tip.

Any other suggestions for a great breakfast in Jomtien are most welcome.

I've written up a review over here.

post-215343-0-26704000-1428305815_thumb.

Edited by JustJomtien

On the recommendation of Thai Visa readers I visited the Rich Man Poor Man Guesthouse on Jomtien Soi 5 for their breakfast and it was a very enjoyable so thanks for the tip.

attachicon.gifrich man poor man breakfast.jpg

Back Fabrik, the german bakery in Jomtien 2nd rd. has the best breakfast that money can buy, 195 baht for the classic breakfast with eggs, sausages, freshly baked bread from the bakery, ham, salami, butter, jam and honey. And it includes orange juice and coffee. It's not American breakfast but compare it with rich man poor man and I think you will be positively surprised. Also their farmer breakfast is very good. Especially if you're a bread lover nothing can beat the quality of the German bread. Edited by balo
  • Like 2

Back Fabrik, the german bakery in Jomtien 2nd rd. has the best breakfast that money can buy, 195 baht for the classic breakfast with eggs, sausages, freshly baked bread from the bakery, ham, salami, butter, jam and honey. And it includes orange juice and coffee. It's not American breakfast but compare it with rich man poor man and I think you will be positively surprised. Also their farmer breakfast is very good. Especially if you're a bread lover nothing can beat the quality of the German bread.

Can someone supply baht bus access info to Back Fabrik?

As there is no service on 2nd road Jomtien, where exactly to get off on Jomtien Beach road to walk to 2nd road closest to the restaurant?

Danke.

Back Fabrik is a 7 minute walk from beach rd soi 12 (soi watboon).

Which direction when you get to 2nd?
You must walk north from Soi Watboon on 2nd Road. KK directions, walking through the JBC project property is shorter.

Breakfast includes a basket of their bakery breads, but you can ask for toast if you prefer.

• Like 1

Back Fabrik, the german bakery in Jomtien 2nd rd. has the best breakfast that moneyarrow-10x10.png can buy, 195 baht for the classic breakfast with eggs, sausages, freshly baked bread from the bakery, ham, salami, butter, jam and honey. And it includes orange juice and coffee. It's not American breakfast but compare it with rich man poor man and I think you will be positively surprised. Also their farmer breakfast is very good. Especially if you're a bread lover nothing can beat the quality of the German bread.

Can someone supply baht bus access info to Back Fabrik?

As there is no service on 2nd road Jomtien, where exactly to get off on Jomtien Beach road to walk to 2nd road closest to the restaurant?

Danke.

As KittenKong has stated, get off at JBC and walk through it to the other barrier on Second road.

Turn left and it's c50 yards down before the 7/11.

Left , then walk 150 meters, Big sign so you can't miss it.

You must walk north from Soi Watboon on 2nd Road. KK directions, walking through the JBC project property is shorter.

Breakfast includes a basket of their bakery breads, but you can ask for toast if you prefer.

This guy is a real artist when it comes to his baked breads.

I was happy buying the small loafs at Food Mart and thought they were pretty good but this guys stuff is in another league.

It's nice he will sell you a half loaf. Just ask.

And don't forget to pick up the nice German butter he sells.