Longan production in Kalasin

Drifter88

Hi all,

I have been living in Kalasin for 3 years and have finally decided to invest in my gf's farm of 60 odd rai. I have been thinking of growing Longan and lemons as the business model looks good. I have surveyed the land myself and currently have kalasin agriculture department testing to see where on the plot is most suitable. Does anyone here have any experience growing Longan, I'm particularly concerned whether the cool season is cool and long enough for Longan to bloom well and subsequently procure a good harvest (150 kg/yr for 15 year old tree). My lady's land has recently had electric and paved access road installed and has planning permission for a house. I would also like to set up an irrigation system, does anyone know of a good supplier? I'm 26 years old and would like to meet some farangs in the area as it can be a bit lonely at times! I like to go fishing at lam pao, last month I caught a 20kg catfish and 7 kg giant snakehead. I was out on a canoe and from a distance saw a monster jump out of the water (in the north eastern end of the reservoir) it looked the size of a buffalo so am determined to go back and hook something big although it will be difficult when I return as the wind starts to blow! Anyone willing to share/ discuss good fishing marks in the region?