1 dead, 3 seriously injured in South Pattaya Road Crash

webfact

1 dead, 3 seriously injured in South Pattaya Road Crash

crash-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Friday Night a serious road crash occurred in South Pattaya which resulted in the death of one man and serious injuries sustained to three others, all passengers in a pick-up truck driven by the deceased man who is suspected of being heavily intoxicated.

The crash occurred in Soi Kasetsin 11 off the Pratamnuk Road just after 10.30pm on Friday Night. The pick-up had collided head-on and at a high rate of speed with a large tree located at a sharp curve in the road.

The seriously injured passengers were rushed to Hospital and the dead driver was identified as Khun Pairod aged 35, a professional crane installer, who was drinking with friends at a nearby construction site.

He had reportedly drank heavily and decided to drive down to Pattaya Beach Road to enjoy the Pattaya International Fireworks Festival. He was not a local resident and friends think he was unaware of the road layout close to the construction site.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/156977/1-dead-3-seriously-injured-in-south-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-01

Drunk driving , high speed , passengers in a pick-up truck, not familiar with the local area, curve in the road, big tree standing there ......... What could go wrong ????

I hope that the tree wasn't hurt too badly...........

• Like 1

To my knowledge, Kasetsin Soi 11 is dead straight, is only 200 metres long and has T intersections at both ends. Arguably the intersection at one end joins the other road at a slight angle but could hardly be called a curve.

Honestly, I feel sad for his relatives and friends, and of course I hope the injured will recover fully and quickly, but this excuse or argument that the driver was unfamiliar with the road is total rubbish.

I have driven on roads all over the world, and was unfamiliar with all of them the first time, but I managed not to wrap myself and family or friends around trees or lamp posts or run into ditches or off cliffs.... how I wonder...?

...maybe by taking care, and driving sensibly if you can't see all details of the road ahead...?!

Having said that, in this instance it was likely that the real killer was the alcohol.

Thais will never learn from accidents like this. No seat belts , passengers in a pick-up truck, drunk driving . all would have been illegal in the western world with heavy fines and prison sentence.

Here nobody cares and are not willing to learn . Karma decides if you die tomorrow.

no sympathy for a drunk driver he should have known his driving abilities would be impaired after consuming alcohol and him a professional too so no RIP from me he could have killed a lot more people and if he was so drunk he might not have been able to run away after an accident.

Thank you for the post. While I too have little sympathy for a drunk driver, I do have sympathy for readers of run-along sentences. A period or two makes reading such words of wisdom much easier.

The dead are judged elsewhere, as are the living.

Not really in the know was he , Pattaya Beach Road was closed to traffic Friday night.

He was also too late for the fireworks.

Ambivalent about this, sad for him and the injured but glad it was only a tree that was hit. Many people brought their kids into town to enjoy the evening and drunk drivers are indiscriminate.

Great response, fair, sensible, considered, real. A bit of a rarity on this site, so just thought that I would comment.

• Like 1

Thais will never learn from accidents like this. No seat belts , passengers in a pick-up truck, drunk driving . all would have been illegal in the western world with heavy fines and prison sentence.

Here nobody cares and are not willing to learn . Karma decides if you die tomorrow.

Sometimes taking responsibility for one's own actions trumps Karma!

But....that's a Farang point of view, so what do I know?

Balo I think more to the point, Thais never learn because they always think they know better - to admit otherwise would be such a loss of face that it almost seems preferable to carry on and blame Karma!

I suppose that's got us back to your point of view......sigh!

Tragic for the passengers but a good thing that no innocent outsiders were involved.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2