Thailand Elite, the "other" perks...

What is "12 month entry"?If have a 5 year elite card can we stay in Thailand anytime within 5 years and leave for travel needing a re-entry permit?

Indeed.

As a member, you receive a PE visa (Privileged Entry).

Each time you enter the country you receive a stamp valid for one year.

Every time you go out of the country and in again, you are stamped for one year.

You can go in and out as many times as you want. No need for re entry permit.

If you stay more than three month in the country, you just have to do the 90 day reports, as with any other visa. This may change in the future and there may not be any 90 day report to do anymore.

If you stay one full year in the country, you can extend your stamp without the need to leave the country.

Highly convenient.

If they knock out that 90 day reporting requirement then that might put me over the edge to get the 5 year Elite. I can qualify for retirement but I am willing to pay for ease and convenience and much less paperwork. The cost differences are still leaning me towards my plan to get a nominal Retirement type of visa. Will a Retirement visa get me unlimited ins and outs with no re entry permit needed? That is not quite clear to me but could be the deciding factor.

Online 90 day reporting (due to go live in April) should take the major hassle out of it & I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but believe that TE will do your 90 day reporting for you if you live in Bangkok.

Have to say the news of a privileged lane in Phuket has re-peaked my interest in the TE (I'm 49 & just retired so trying to balance getting the TE against a triple-entry Tourist visa that will get me to 50), it's taken me around 1 hour to get through immigration there the last 3 or 4 times I've been.

Edit: I also considered the ED Visa but the clampdowns around these at the moment makes it unattractive even for genuine students so have decided to separate out my Visa situation from the studying one.

Edited by JB300

• 5 weeks later...

Just read in the May Newsletter that members get an automatic 20% discount at King Power duty free at Suvarnabhumi and Phuket airports... Not bad, if you have some time to kill before your flight :)

(It also gives an idea of the profit margin of King Power, if they can give 20% discount. Good business).

post-12654-14303893273062_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

What is "12 month entry"?If have a 5 year elite card can we stay in Thailand anytime within 5 years and leave for travel needing a re-entry permit?

Indeed.

As a member, you receive a PE visa (Privileged Entry).

Each time you enter the country you receive a stamp valid for one year.

Every time you go out of the country and in again, you are stamped for one year.

You can go in and out as many times as you want. No need for re entry permit.

If you stay more than three month in the country, you just have to do the 90 day reports, as with any other visa. This may change in the future and there may not be any 90 day report to do anymore.

If you stay one full year in the country, you can extend your stamp without the need to leave the country.

Highly convenient.

If they knock out that 90 day reporting requirement then that might put me over the edge to get the 5 year Elite. I can qualify for retirement but I am willing to pay for ease and convenience and much less paperwork. The cost differences are still leaning me towards my plan to get a nominal Retirement type of visa. Will a Retirement visa get me unlimited ins and outs with no re entry permit needed? That is not quite clear to me but could be the deciding factor.

With a retirement visa, you cannot apply for a work permit. When i use renew my retirement visa every year, i did it through a lawyer office, he took me THB 35,000 to get me a multiple entry also i have to add the cost of travelling just before the expiry of the visa.

Does anyone know if you can do the 90 day reports online with the PE visa ? Apparently you can now do 90 day reports on the internet for other visas so it would make sense.

I've been in Thailand for 10 months straight at the moment so my next visit to immigration will be in June to get a 1 year extension and I'll probably do the 90 day report while I'm there but it would be nice to know if it can be done using the online system for the following report in September.

Does anyone know if you can do the 90 day reports online with the PE visa ? Apparently you can now do 90 day reports on the internet for other visas so it would make sense.

I've been in Thailand for 10 months straight at the moment so my next visit to immigration will be in June to get a 1 year extension and I'll probably do the 90 day report while I'm there but it would be nice to know if it can be done using the online system for the following report in September.

I was told you can yes. Have heard its not working for some but they did inform people it only works with Internet Explorer and not Google Chrome or any other browser.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm interesting to be a member.

What are the benefits on the airport?

Thank you for asking the question.

It has already been explained several times, but I take this opportunity to do it once more ;)

When arriving on an international flight:

- Smiling and elegant Thailand Elite girls await you at the gate.

- They ask you if your flight was ok, and direct you to an electric cart.

- You give them your passport and arrival card.

- Your electric cart departs, faster than the other First Class passengers (in the case you like to fly First), and you are on your way to immigration.

- You arrive at the immigration counters before any other passenger of your flight (including fellow First Class passengers).

- The Thailand Elite girls accompany you to the diplomatic lane, and hand over your passport to the immigration officer.

- You, of course, bypass the hundreds of people queuing at the regular counters. No waiting time.

- After you receive your one year stamp, another Thailand Elite attendant takes care of your checked-in luggage, if any. If needed you can wait in the Thailand Elite arrival lounge.

- The Thailand Elite girls also check your passport again to be sure that there is no error in your 1 year stamp.

- Once your checked-in luggage is ready, if any, you are accompanied through customs and then to your limousine, which is already waiting for you.

- You are then on your way to your hotel, home or wherever you need to go in the Bangkok area.

Extremely fast service, especially pleasant after a long flight.

That Thailand Elite assistance is not only efficient and elegant, it is also making you feel welcome back in the country. Great feeling.

Similar service on departure, in case of connecting flight, at other airports, as well as if you need to receive your PE visa at the airport.

If you don't like to queue... you will quickly become addicted to the Thailand Elite assistance at the airport ;)

Of course, there are also those who don't mind to queue at immigration, stay in line for an hour, face a grumpy immigration officer, and don't need any assistance or limo to reach their final destination.

For those people, Thailand Elite is not an option, of course.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Yes of course! All these with a smile. You forgot to mention that while the porter is collecting your luggage,you are invited to wait in a confortable lounge and given some refreshments.

Sorry I forgot about the refreshments.

Probably because I usually have coffee :)

post-12654-14378910484385_thumb.jpg

It has already been explained several times, but I take this opportunity to do it once more ;)

- Your electric cart departs, faster than the other First Class passengers (in the case you like to fly First), and you are on your way to immigration.

- You arrive at the immigration counters before any other passenger of your flight (including fellow First Class passengers).

- The Thailand Elite girls accompany you to the diplomatic lane, and hand over your passport to the immigration officer.

- You, of course, bypass the hundreds of people queuing at the regular counters. No waiting time.

- After you receive your one year stamp, another Thailand Elite attendant takes care of your checked-in luggage, if any. If needed you can wait in the Thailand Elite arrival lounge.

- The Thailand Elite girls also check your passport again to be sure that there is no error in your 1 year stamp.

- Once your checked-in luggage is ready, if any, you are accompanied through customs and then to your limousine, which is already waiting for you.

- You are then on your way to your hotel, home or wherever you need to go in the Bangkok area.

That Thailand Elite assistance is not only efficient and elegant, it is also making you feel welcome back in the country. Great feeling.

Similar service on departure, in case of connecting flight, at other airports, as well as if you need to receive your PE visa at the airport.

If you don't like to queue... you will quickly become addicted to the Thailand Elite assistance at the airport ;)

Of course, there are also those who don't mind to queue at immigration, stay in line for an hour, face a grumpy immigration officer, and don't need any assistance or limo to reach their final destination.

Is this immigration fast track work also in Don Muang Airport (departure and arrival)?

Is it working also if you don't require the limo services?

Is it working for connecting flights? I mean by that i have a Phuket-Mandalay flight. Would they offer their services for the transit domestic / international in Don Muang?

Is this immigration fast track work also in Don Muang Airport (departure and arrival)?

Is it working for connecting flights? I mean by that i have a Phuket-Mandalay flight. Would they offer their services for the transit domestic / international in Don Muang?

Why don't you call Thailand Elite?

All your questions will be answered in a record time :)

Hi Gerry, ok, I can and I will. I saw that you seems to know well about TE program and thought it would be an easy questions for you. But I will ask them directly.

Following all these discussions about TE, I feel more and more interested. Actually, I am already convinced. The fact is that I am working in a neighbor country and I am using the non o multi one year option as I have a child in Thailand. It is actually convenient for me as I am re-applying for this type of visa every year. It is of course a cheapest option as it cost me only 200usd /year. I am also very frequent traveler as i am going back to Thailand every week (for the weekend). So what attract me about the TE option is the fast track. But also, a year is going very fast for me and sometime i feel when it is time for me to schedule my trip to re-apply for my visa in the embassy that if i could do it every 5 years, it will be easier.

Of course, some might debate on that, especially cost wise, but since i heard about TE, I have always said to myself that the day when i will re-apply for my non o visa and for whatever reason i am ask to come back because of a missing documents, photocopy of whatever, I will just cancel this application and go straight to TE option. This is of course according to my situation and finance status as for me time is money.

• Like 1

Hi Gerry, ok, I can and I will. I saw that you seems to know well about TE program and thought it would be an easy questions for you. But I will ask them directly.

Following all these discussions about TE, I feel more and more interested. Actually, I am already convinced. The fact is that I am working in a neighbor country and I am using the non o multi one year option as I have a child in Thailand. It is actually convenient for me as I am re-applying for this type of visa every year. It is of course a cheapest option as it cost me only 200usd /year. I am also very frequent traveler as i am going back to Thailand every week (for the weekend). So what attract me about the TE option is the fast track. But also, a year is going very fast for me and sometime i feel when it is time for me to schedule my trip to re-apply for my visa in the embassy that if i could do it every 5 years, it will be easier.

Of course, some might debate on that, especially cost wise, but since i heard about TE, I have always said to myself that the day when i will re-apply for my non o visa and for whatever reason i am ask to come back because of a missing documents, photocopy of whatever, I will just cancel this application and go straight to TE option. This is of course according to my situation and finance status as for me time is money.

The Thailand Elite option is perfect for frequent travelers: As many in/out trips as you want, no question at immigration when coming back, and superb assistance at the airport.

Just take care about one thing, if you travel a lot.

For the Easy Access membership (5 years), I believe that the number of assistance at the airport is limited.

For the full membership (20 years), I don't think it is limited. But check directly with Thailand Elite, or on the official website.

The Thailand Elite option is perfect for frequent travelers: As many in/out trips as you want, no question at immigration when coming back, and superb assistance at the airport.

For the Easy Access membership (5 years), I believe that the number of assistance at the airport is limited.

For the full membership (20 years), I don't think it is limited. But check directly with Thailand Elite, or on the official website.

Thanks for the advise!

the cost of the visa is relative as is the definition of frequent. 24 limos per year on the limited 5 year option.

Airport service is advertised the same for all memberships, I doubt I'll ever test the limits.

• 1 month later...

Lucky you. I've been waiting for 2 months to receive mine. They even stopped replying to my emails asking about this status of it... ermm.gif

Yes... They seem a bit slow indeed.

I nearly forgot it, but saw the envelope this morning :)

Tomorrow I go shopping at Siam Paragon :)

Edited by gerry1011

• 1 month later...

Any Thailand Elite members (and tv forum reader) goes to the Thailand Elite / Royal Portraits Cocktail Party tomorrow?

Thailand Elite was one of the Partners of the Thai-Belgian Friendship Celebrations, and took care of assisting HRH Princess Marie-Esmeralda with every move during her stay in Bangkok.

The various events were also attended by HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn and HRH Princess Soamsawali.

The Belgian Princess is back in Europe by now, but the party will be fun for sure :)

post-12654-14469555074649_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14469556121946_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14469556963832_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14469557496671_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14469558820419_thumb.jpg

post-12654-144695593797_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1