Road trip to Savakhannet.

NoshowJones

I'm going on a road trip to Mukdahan to get an O marriage visa. I travel from Phichit province on my Honda PXS 150. go through Petchabun, Kon Kaen, Kalasin. Can anyone give me any advice that may help me, traffic, road conditions etc. Also, should I take my raincoat with me? it is also the dry season up there isn't it? Thanks for any help.

yes. i took more or less the same route

if you use the mountain route (between phitsanulok and khon kaen and i also think its on the way to nam nao national park) you gotta be carefull there when it rains because 2 months ago i saw no road guards and there is a big drop from the roads.

there are also some areas with no phone/data connections. so if you are worried about getting lost you would need a GPS device

rest of the route is decent and nothing to worry about. savannakhet is just 5 km or so from the border. have a nice trip and ride safe

p.s.: i would take that 70 baht 7-11 rain coat with you just in case and if you dont want to carry your big rain coat with you

Edited by wowjudo

if you use the mountain route (between phitsanulok and khon kaen and i also think its on the way to nam nao national park) you gotta be carefull there when it rains because 2 months ago i saw no road guards and there is a big drop from the roads.

there are also some areas with no phone/data connections. so if you are worried about getting lost you would need a GPS device

rest of the route is decent and nothing to worry about. savannakhet is just 5 km or so from the border. have a nice trip and ride safe

p.s.: i would take that 70 baht 7-11 rain coat with you just in case and if you dont want to carry your big rain coat with you

Thanks a lot mate.

Thanks a lot mate.

70 baht? they sure have went up in price

If you want to vary your visa runs, you can always consider Mae Sot. From Pichet it is an easy run with a great mountain section for the last 70 odd k.m.

Yes I know, I have been to Maesot many times, but not on a motorbike, I will go on a road trip there for my 90 days. Thanks.