Do you believe in black magic?

Gecko123

I've had a few paranormal experiences here in Thailand, and I'm wondering if anyone else has as well.

The first time was on my first trip to Thailand many years ago. I found myself in a cave down in Phangan. As I climbed up into the upper reaches of the cave, a neen (young monk) kept scurrying ahead of me pointing out the stalacites and stalagmites. "This one look like fried egg," "this one look like horse," "this one look like woman hanging," he would say. (And it really did look like a fried egg, and a horse, and woman hanging.) At first, I thought it was kinda cute. But it kept on coming: "This one look lie frog," "this one look like frowning man," "this one look like rooster," and so on, and so forth. By the time I emerged from the cave out into daylight, I felt like I had had a paranormal experience. That was probably my very first "spooky" experience in Thailand.

Then, one night right after I moved here about 11 years ago, I heard noises right outside my bedroom window right around midnight. I quietly slipped out of bed, tiptoed over to the window, and peeked outside. I see an old guy squated down on his hauches. He has two or three candles lit, and he was spinning an egg around on the ground. Depending on where the egg stopped, it looked like he was telling fortunes. He was flanked by two 7-8 year old boys, and because they were facing my my direction, I could see that they were wide-eyed and absolutely mezmerized. Although I recognized them and they lived nearby, I never did ask them what they were doing.

The last thing that happened was while I was temporarily separated from my wife. During our separation, I came back home one day to find my wife in the process of digging a hole in the front garden. Seeing this, I immediately approached her and demanded to know what she was doing. It turned out that she was burying this small handmade voodoo doll. It looked like something a tonton macoute might have made. It was crudely wrapped in cloth, and had string tied around its wrists and ankles. She told me she was burying it in order to cast a spell to ensure that I would never fall in love with another woman. I grabbed it out of her hands, told her to leave, and told her the next time she wanted to come for a visit, to call first. On her way out, she told me that she had already buried a second doll. I spent several fruitless days trying to unearth this second doll, but never could find it. I eventually got back together with my wife, but I have always been left wondering if that second unfound doll played a role in our reconciliation.

So here's what I want to know....

Anyone else out there have witchy-witchy stuff like this happen to you here in Thailand?

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2

OP, I do believe in black magic.

That's why at the moment, I'm in the process of burying small dolls in the other contestants gardens so they will not win the election.

You can observe the results by yourself in about 3 or 4 days.

I even put pins in one of the contestants dolls.

I will not tell you his name but he's got a very, very, very, annoying avatar.

Vote for Costasthumbsup.gif

I Like your campaign style thumbsup.gif pls forward the usual 500 baht, nay bother with the brown envelope

• Like 1

Of course black magic works, but only if you believe in it. Many tales of isolated white men surrounded by black magic believers having to spiritually fight against the power of witchcraft. Easy enough to laugh at when you're in a cosy civilized country somewhere.

Of course black magic works, but only if you believe in it. Many tales of isolated white men surrounded by black magic believers having to spiritually fight against the power of witchcraft. Easy enough to laugh at when you're in a cosy civilized country somewhere.

define spiritually?

I dont believe in Black Magic

No !! absolutely not!!

but I do believe in Magenta Magic, much more colorful and goes well with most of my attire.

Black is so retro.

Thats SPOOKY.............. your posts 2,222 its a sign????? whats it mean? were all gonna die argggggggggghw00t.gif

Oh bugger Ive got it wrong its supposed to be 666666............. we can all breath a sigh of relief or as soapy massage man says a hand of relieflaugh.png

define spiritually?

If you don't know what it means then there's no point in discussing it, is there? Look it up on Wikipedia or something.

define spiritually?

If you don't know what it means then there's no point in discussing it, is there? Look it up on Wikipedia or something.

It comes under "claptrap"

I have 1 experience I can share.

When I was 14 I had a friend come over to my house on Friday night. He brought a ouija board over. We brought it into my room, shut the light off, and lit a candle. After asking the board if any spirits are there, the candle flame went nuts flickering (there was no breeze) and the room lit up so bright. We ran out of the room and told my sister and brother downstairs. I was so scared that I was shaking and cold. Even now typing this I have full body chills. o . o

• Like 1

That's why at the moment, I'm in the process of burying small dolls in the other contestants gardens so they will not win the election.

I would love to Vote for you Costa, but you have not made your campaign platform clear yet.

I know where you stand on fighting , If the guy is right handed , you stand to the right and as far as possible so he cant take a good swing at you, but where do you stand on world peace? circumcision, or is Elmo gay?

For this and other important issues I believe you you need to start a new thread making your position clear.

More interested if he is going to campaign to improve the standard of kebabs in LOS.

• Like 1

I would love to Vote for you Costa, but you have not made your campaign platform clear yet.

I know where you stand on fighting , If the guy is right handed , you stand to the right and as far as possible so he cant take a good swing at you, but where do you stand on world peace? circumcision, or is Elmo gay?

For this and other important issues I believe you you need to start a new thread making your position clear.

More interested if he is going to campaign to improve the standard of kebabs in LOS.

Food court Tesco Lotus Market Village Hua Hin do a pretty good one..............is that Costas is he really a she?

• Like 1

I have 1 experience I can share.

When I was 14 I had a friend come over to my house on Friday night. He brought a ouija board over. We brought it into my room, shut the light off, and lit a candle. After asking the board if any spirits are there, the candle flame went nuts flickering (there was no breeze) and the room lit up so bright. We ran out of the room and told my sister and brother downstairs. I was so scared that I was shaking and cold. Even now typing this I have full body chills. o . o

proof enough for merolleyes.gif

Food court Tesco Lotus Market Village Hua Hin do a pretty good one..............is that Costas is he really a she?

Yes indeed, what is your position on kebabs, are you a kebab man or a Gyro man? and what about the claim that you are a she? will you be releasing your birth certificate?

Where you you stand in posters taking over a thread, with inane yet titillating comments?

There are rumors that you are a practicing homosapien and have being known to associate with thespians , what do you have to say to that?

Edited by sdanielmcev

Black Magic involves the invoking of evil spirits for the purpose of achieving evil or selfish goals.

Such practices would be taken in a very negative light in Thailand. In Cambodia there are regular reports of lynchings of alleged 'Black Magicians' and spiritually they aren't a million miles away from Thais there.

I have known several 'Black Magicians' in the West, all of them seriously deranged dangerous people. Stay away from such practices and those who profess to practice such arts.

• Like 1

Well, Gecko, it would seem you are confused, thinking you were awake when these memories took place.

Yes, Gecko, it is obvious these were metaphorical dream sequences.

The past: The "cave" with the fried egg and the woman hanging, the (probably strutting) rooster and the frowning man. Classic.

The present: Yet another "egg," spinning about while two children watched.

The future: The burial you fight so hard to delay.

And don't you find it odd that your user name has "1 2 3" in it?

Hmmm.

whistling.gif

• Like 1