Life Certificate,

worgeordie

The UK Pension service letter arrived today,they want to confirm

if i am still alive,has anyone else on this forum received one before,

and whom did you get to sign the form ? and anything else helpful.

I was thinking of taking it to UK consul office,but i am sure they

would want some ridicules fee for a couple of minutes work.

Regards Worgeordie

I received one today, this is the fifth one I have received in two years! The first two went astray and were never received I finally completed a third one, now they want proof I am still alive, I called them in May to tell them I was home in UUk, they sent me a form to complete with my departure details, this I did in June, in September they paid me the difference in pension, now three months later they want to know if I am still alive! All this in a period of austerity and cut backs! I know many people on here who have never received one such letter! Oh and the people listed as authorised to sign includes Dentist! So guess where I am going in the morning!

Mine arrived this week-end. My first time. I plan to ask either my bank manager or my doctor. I really doubt they go to the trouble of checking who signs so long as there is some sort of stamp. I laughed that they only gave 8 weeks to reply and advised to use air mail. Their letter to me took 4 weeks. Oh well, need to rush.

• Like 1

re

Hi, I took mine to our Khrung Thai Bank branch on Thapae Road, they filled in their part and stamped it

and i will be doing the same at bangkok bank in wararot market !

i only retired in april and they want to know im still alive already ?

mine also took a month to get here !

dave2

post-42592-0-72397700-1418640330_thumb.j

Mine arrived this week-end. My first time. I plan to ask either my bank manager or my doctor. I really doubt they go to the trouble of checking who signs so long as there is some sort of stamp. I laughed that they only gave 8 weeks to reply and advised to use air mail. Their letter to me took 4 weeks. Oh well, need to rush.

Exactly,the same here they did not send it airmail, but we are the ones who will

suffer if they don't get it back in time,plus the holidays,better send it EMS i think

as they will soon stop the pension if they don't get it in time.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Never heard of having to prove I'm alive. If I ever get such a request from the US government (yep, I'm a yank), my first tendency would be to send them a photo (with current date impression) of me holding a small sign saying: "Hey, do I look like I'm <deleted>' dead!?!"

• Like 2

CMBob:

Social Security Beneficiaries who live overseas receive an annual questionnaire consisting of four questions that in effect does the same thing.

I've been on Social Security for the last 4 years and never got one of those. Then again, I still maintain a US home and address (I go back to the states every summer) and I'm guessing, based on what you said, that it's sent only to those who solely have an overseas address.

CMBob:

Social Security Beneficiaries who live overseas receive an annual questionnaire consisting of four questions that in effect does the same thing.

I've been on Social Security for the last 4 years and never got one of those. Then again, I still maintain a US home and address (I go back to the states every summer) and I'm guessing, based on what you said, that it's sent only to those who solely have an overseas address.

I also maintain a U S address and have not been asked for proof of life in ten years. In fact it has been several years since they notified me of the next year rates. I have heard it will be 1.7%. Same same for Canada. But I did have to prove it to one other pension source once.

Never heard of having to prove I'm alive. If I ever get such a request from the US government (yep, I'm a yank), my first tendency would be to send them a photo (with current date impression) of me holding a small sign saying: "Hey, do I look like I'm <deleted>' dead!?!"

The only reason why such requests are being made is because of the number of assclowns that attempt to cheat the system by collecting money for dead people. Most regulations are there not to annoy you, but because of some idiot that preceded you and the screwed it up for everyone else.

• Like 1

The "proof of life" statements for U.S. Social Security do not have have to be notarized or even witnessed, unless you are incapable of signing your name. The form is simply called "Questionaire" and doesn't seem to freak out people the way the British equivalent form does with its title of "Proof of Life". It seems that people have told Social Security they live in the U.S. don't receive this form annually the way people who have registered an overseas address with SSA do. And yes, if you mess up and don't return the form, your benefits are stopped and it does take about six weeks to get them restarted, although they do return the benefits they held.

Edited by NancyL

I received mine on Friday and arranged for a local lawyer to sign it, I expected to pay a small fee as I have had a long business association with the firm.

I received an SMS a little while later saying that there would be a 3000 baht fee!!! I replied that I wouldn't bother with their service and would find another way, which I did, by visiting my local branch bank manager and getting him to sign the form (I also attached his business card to the form).

All done and dusted and will be on its way today.

So i wet to a lawyer to get it witnessed ,signed and stamped,

he was more than useless,I had to tell him what to do,and he

charged me THB 500 for the privilege,sent it off quickly by

registered post,hope it does not take 4 weeks like it took to

get here,

regards worgeordie

Got mine last Friday.

Went in to Bangkok Bank in Tesco Lotus explained to the manager that she was confirming I was still alive. She thought it was quite amusing and filled out the necessary.

No charge, not my bank by the way.

Sent out by registered post this morning.

re

find another way, which I did, by visiting my local branch bank manager and getting him to sign the form

and me smile.png

i went to my bangkok bank in wararot market and talked to one of the little lovelys about it

she said one moment please and 10 minits later she bought it back done smile.png

i asked her how much ... she said no no free

dave2

ps .. i sent it off ... to be signd for .. this afternoon

post-42592-0-16670600-1418723827_thumb.j

post-42592-0-54803300-1418723861_thumb.j

The only reason why such requests are being made is because of the number of assclowns that attempt to cheat the system by collecting money for dead people. Most regulations are there not to annoy you, but because of some idiot that preceded you and the screwed it up for everyone else.

I've just had one too. Dr Morgan kindly signed it and I sent it back registered post for 89 baht. I understand that the Dutch have a similar system.

Not sure if registered post will be delivered ok. The return address on my form was a PO Box number, and I understand they don't accept registered post.

Just sent mine back registered in the envelope they supplied,cannot remember if it was P.O. box,

just somewhere in West Midlands,although the offices were they are dealt with are on Tyneside,

so it will take more time to move through the system ,which will result in them stopping payments,

if its late,don't suppose they will factor in it took 4 weeks to arrive.

regards Worgeordie

re

Hi, I took mine to our Khrung Thai Bank branch on Thapae Road, they filled in their part and stamped it

and i will be doing the same at bangkok bank in wararot market !

i only retired in april and they want to know im still alive already ?

mine also took a month to get here !

dave2

A bit off topic, but there are what I would say are unacceptable delays with the post going both ways at the moment. Mother in law received her birthday card yesterday, I posted it (at the post office near the railway station) on November 10th, I remember the exact date as Mr K was asking if 10 days would be enough. Usually it takes a week. Mother in law also mentioned that she had sent Christmas cards from herself and a few of the family (separate envelopes) at the beginning of November, (we usually get them mid November) but they still haven't arrived yet. Everything air mail of course.

Also a small parcel coming from China seems to have been routed via the Netherlands although I'm guessing human error there.

Several people have mentioned in passing that the mail seems to be going really slowly for the last 2 or 3 months.

Just a heads up.

What I don't understand though is why they are insisting on letters being sent back and forth.

Email or a secure website that would accept your NI number or one issued by that particular department would be so much easier (not to mention saving a lot of money). The signature argument doesn't hold up, because there's no way some junior person is checking them against your last one.

Just the opposite for me regarding postal times. I posted Christmas cards to the UK on 3rd December. they were received on 10th December. On Monday 15th I received a card posted in the UK on the 9th.

I plan to wait until the New Year, about 10 days before it's 8 weeks since their form was sent, and then phone to see if they can tell me if it's been received. If it's not there I'll ask for extra time as it is in the system.

Edited by delboy

What I don't understand though is why they are insisting on letters being sent back and forth.

Email or a secure website that would accept your NI number or one issued by that particular department would be so much easier (not to mention saving a lot of money). The signature argument doesn't hold up, because there's no way some junior person is checking them against your last one.

Actually I think that's just what's happening. Some junior person is checking 'em against your last submission and contacting the person of high repute if the signatures don't match.

I think they, the UK pension people, must be having a purge on UK pensioners. I had a "Proof of Life" certificate delivered yesterday. Just three months after I first became eligible for the state pension. They wan me dead already? Sorted out quickly, signed by my accountant and sent this morning.

Maybe they are hoping we are dead,as they need more money for

the spongers they have over there,getting money to pay for children,

and wifes that are not even in the UK,while if you retire overseas (not

all) your pension is frozen and you will never get an increase again.

Regards Worgeordie

• Like 2