Fallen Tree Narrowly Misses Prayuth's Car

Lite Beer

Fallen Tree Narrowly Misses Prayuth's Car

By Khaosod Eng.

BANGKOK — The Prime Minister of Thailand narrowly escaped injury after a tree fell on his motorcade in Bangkok today, injuring two of his bodyguards.

Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha, who is also the chairman of Thailand’s military junta, was leaving a public event at the Bangkok Planetarium on Petchburi Road at around 10 am when the tree fell on his motorcade.

Two police bodyguards on a motorcycle were injured and immediately sent to hospital.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1418796380&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-12-17

raising the hair of my neck. 6 weeks ago a couple was killed on a campsite when a tree fell onto their tent. 4 weeks ago a tree fell onto our car, missing my wife by 1 meter, smashing through the windshield. . 2 weeks later, a big tree outside a village nearby fell onto a pickup with passengers, killing two (!!) and injuring 5.

and now this !

What's the matter with Thailand's trees ?? Is there a conspiracy in the making ?

Isn't the (boldly named) Planetarium on Sukumvit road near Ekamai, not Petchaburi?

Easy mistake to make. No reason to go. It is a useless space with insipid video. You can go and learn absolutely nothing about planets, the solar system, or astronomy, but see a lot of cartoons.

raising the hair of my neck. 6 weeks ago a couple was killed on a campsite when a tree fell onto their tent. 4 weeks ago a tree fell onto our car, missing my wife by 1 meter, smashing through the windshield. . 2 weeks later, a big tree outside a village nearby fell onto a pickup with passengers, killing two (!!) and injuring 5.

and now this !

What's the matter with Thailand's trees ?? Is there a conspiracy in the making ?

Hub of falling trees - didn't you know?

A counter coup tree?

Coup dead ants?

Ummm.... coo! "Dead Ants" is the spoof words for Pink Panther theme song.

Just possible that the tree was branching out?

Maybe the tree had learned about sharing Thainess with other people?

Perhaps, even, the tree was endeavouring to bring Happiness to the People?

Did it leave its mark?

Was the tree into Retro 70's Flower Power?

Heard it said that its bark was worse than its bite!

"Oh, the mighty oak has fallen!"

Did the PM order an investigation into the root cause?

Were they filming an advert for "There all nuts in there, anyway"?

Just thought I should share my acorns with you all :-)

wai2.gifwai.gifw00t.gifcrazy.gifviolin.gifsorry.gif

Edited by wirat69
  • Like 2

Trees don't just fall for no reason. Maybe strong winds in Bangkok today, no I doubt it. Must have been a Redwood Tree.

In southern Isaan we have very strong vind´s today, so could Bangkok.

Yup, strong winds on the Bkk - Chonburi motorway this morning so not much of stretch to consider that parts of Bangkok were affected as well. I was driving back to Pattaya from the airport and a few times the vehicles, big and small, were being buffeted about.

That doesn't fit the agenda of some posters thoughsmile.png

• Like 1