Chinese passenger helps sick Thai air steward on flight to Bangkok

webfact

coffee1.gif I served as a firefighter/medic for 30 years in the US and internationally. Never any accolades on over 30,000 real emergency responses. Never a tip or 'attaboy' from the press. Is it too late?sad.png

I'm telling you guys, Thailand is going to be considered part of China pretty soon, if the new 'PM' has his way.

Edited by John1thru10
  • Like 1

coffee1.gif I served as a firefighter/medic for 30 years in the US and internationally. Never any accolades on over 30,000 real emergency responses. Never a tip or 'attaboy' from the press. Is it too late?sad.png

I'm telling you guys, Thailand is going to be considered part of China pretty soon, if the new 'PM' has his way. That's the whole reason this coup happened in the first place. This is just a drop in the propaganda bucket, along with vilifying all other nationalities except China.

That's right, keep fear alive!!! The Russians are coming!!! The Chinese are coming!! The Farangs are coming!!! Everyone under your desks now!!

• Like 1

This is the Chinese marketing equivalent of the taxi driver returning the wallet with 100k inside.

Those wallets always seem gargantuan and thise foreigners always carrying so much cash.

Stomach colic and heroism...strewth...

Sorry to be super cynical but I can't even see that this flight exists.

Airlines to Add Nanning-Bangkok Flights in July

By Leon Zheng, WCARN.com | Jun. 27, 2013

With the cooperation of Guangxi Airport Management Group and Hainan Airlines (HU), the scheduled flights from Nanning to Bangkok will be increased from 3 to 4 weekly on every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday starting from July 11.

Flight HU7993 from Nanning to Bangkok is scheduled to take off from Nanning at 10:30 a.m., and land in Bangkok at 11:40 a.m.; while the return flight HU7994 will take off from Bangkok at 12:45 p.m., and land in Nanning at 4:10 p.m. (all local time).

Besides, Guangxi Airport Management Group will join hands with Orient Thai Airlines (OX) and travel agents in Nanjing to introduce a charter flight from Nanning to Bangkok on July 4, with one flight weekly.

Flight OX 619 from Nanning to Bangkok will take off from Nanning at 3:15 p.m., and arrives in Bangkok at 4:40 p.m., while the return flight OX 618 will take off from Bangkok at 11:00 a.m., and arrive in Nanning at 2:15 p.m. (all local time).

You must have searched really hard to find it since I was able to Google numerous references to such a flight in a matter of seconds. Perhaps you really didn't try very hard since it would conflict with your obvious cynicism.

One, the Chinese have vested interests here. Two, the whole thing smells like PR. Three, the wording of the coconuts article suggests it is PR.

Read between the lines. Maybe you can learn to i n f e r that way. If you cannot admit that the timing is suspicious and the heroics way overplayed in the article then you are blind as a bat and deaf as a post.

I think this is a silly attempt to "restore the unimpeachable faith Thais have in Chinese tourists", which never was unimpeachable, nor existential. I am not buying it, nor are a large number of others. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but...

Fill in the blanks. I will not let anyone feed me BS by the spoonful and claim it is Christmas pudding. What gall!

Colorful expletives removed, though you deserve every one of them,

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 1

I don't have any experience as a practitioner but I'm pretty sure I could have proceeded to lie the man on the floor of the airplane (not ground) like the story states,and take his pulse.

"Taking his pulse" in Chinese traditional medicine involves a good deal more than counting his heart rate. Pulsing is a form of diagnosis, and there are pretty much twenty-nine pulses to look for - not to mention combinations. http://www.sacredlotus.com/go/diagnosis-chinese-medicine/get/4-pillars-pulse-images-tcm-diagnosis

much too late unfortunately. Although I am sure you saved countless lives and put others safety over your own many times, it is clear that this brave heroin went above and beyond the call to save a fellow human. She was at 32,000 feet for Christ sake. My guess is you were usually much closer to the ground when you saved all of your patients.

again, just kidding. It is people like you that really are the true hero's. It does take a special breed of person to do what you all do. God bless and have a Happy New Year!!

I think the ALLSEEINGEYE has both a big sty, and serious myopic contraindications here.

Please spare us from these good cop bad cop routine newspaper articles, its pathetic reporting and quite obviously propaganda BS....

China, another country that handles criticism about as well as a 5 year old child with a tantrum. rolleyes.gif

Edited by englishoak

Good on her for helping. I don't understand the heroic bit tho, what were the dangers to her personally that makes her a heroine?

Because, like Thailand, China has no good Samaritan laws that protect from liability if something goes south.

She took a significant risk by offering to help. If the guy had died, or gotten worse, she'd be in for a world of hurt.

Nonsense! If Thais do not prosecute Chinese assailants that threaten to blow up aircraft when airborne, they would in no way prosecute a good Chinese Samaritan on an international flight.

Are you awake? I would be happy to buy you a coffee...

Edited by FangFerang

Good on her for helping. I don't understand the heroic bit tho, what were the dangers to her personally that makes her a heroine?

Because, like Thailand, China has no good Samaritan laws that protect from liability if something goes south.

She took a significant risk by offering to help. If the guy had died, or gotten worse, she'd be in for a world of hurt.

BS. Even without a specific law, this kind of lawsuits don't go far even in Thailand or China.

This is a absolute joke, herbal doctors ruling on possible life and death circumstances in flight.

IATA clearly states it must be a medical practitioner that volunteers or trained medical staff i.e. RN nurse.

I'm a airline flight crew with 20 years experience and can say this is a breech of IATA regulations.

She was doing what most decent human beings would have done, regardless of nationality! yes.... These reports become very embarrassing! I suppose the new year reports will be the Mafia giving away gold to Falangs on Koh phangan.

Yes, Thai media - Chinese people = Good / Farangs = Crime.

And Thailand adopting China's system of government, just in time to be sold away by the new leadership, is all a coincidence.

Remember a few years back, when these kinds of stories were about farangs showing acts of kindness? I do.

Regime change is everything.

C'mon guys, it's so easy. We all need our "enemies" to make ourselves feel superior.

Russians, North Koreans, Chinese, Iranians, Africans, all Muslims are the bad ones.

We Westerners are the good boys. Thai are the best (in Thailand for Thai).

So easy.

You must have searched really hard to find it since I was able to Google numerous references to such a flight in a matter of seconds. Perhaps you really didn't try very hard since it would conflict with your obvious cynicism.

And he doesn't believe the honest taxi driver stories either on the grounds he doesn't believe people carry ThB 100k on them.

a. Gross exaggeration - most of the stories are in the 25k to 50k region

b. I personally lost 25k of cash plus 25k of other stuff but my bag was returned. I therefore believe those stories.

c. As a businessman, before retiring here I occasionally carried sums of 100k plus on me when travelling in Bangkok - typically between hotel and apartment or hotel and bank

Good to be sceptical but his is full-blown cynicism

This is the Chinese marketing equivalent of the taxi driver returning the wallet with 100k inside.

Those wallets always seem gargantuan and thise foreigners always carrying so much cash.

Stomach colic and heroism...strewth...

Sorry to be super cynical but I can't even see that this flight exists.

Apparently it is Orient Thai Airways.