Khao Yai National Park visitor honks at elephant, gets car thrashed

Lite Beer

Go through Khao Yai all the time.Many Thai drivers don't take any care round the animals usual lack of patience issues.Don't really understand why they go in there in the first place except to take a few photos and tell everyone they have been there.Maybe it will slow a few down but I doubt it.Saw this coming.

Notice that the Thai newspaper pointed out that it was not just a park visitor or customer, but a "foreign tourist."

Not that I can see. The only time foreign is mentioned on this page is your post and this reply.

Thailand has been seriously pushing domestic tourism this year and is now considering anybody more than 3m from their house as a tourist.

channel 3 news reported "foreign tourist" if he is wait till he takes the vehicle back.w00t.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Notice that the Thai newspaper pointed out that it was not just a park visitor or customer, but a "foreign tourist."

Not that I can see. The only time foreign is mentioned on this page is your post and this reply.

Thailand has been seriously pushing domestic tourism this year and is now considering anybody more than 3m from their house as a tourist.

channel 3 news reported "foreign tourist" if he is wait till he takes the vehicle back.w00t.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Oh dear! Might get lucky, might have purchased complete cover....

So what if they did? If it's the truth why not report it or are you saying it is racist to do so?

Seems we have another farang with a chip on his shoulder coffee1.gif

• Like 1

More people die each year from elephant attack than any other species, approx 500 people world wide per year....

Not sure where you got this information but all the lists I have seen indicate that mosquitos and snakes are usually the deadliest animals toward humans. Perhaps you are referring to wildlife parks!

Anyway, this elephant already has my vote for elephant of the year. Well done elephant!

• Like 2

Sweet. Wish we could see a video of this. Would love to see the look on the face of the driver, who absolutely had to make his presence known to the wild elephant. I was always told to behave in a very benign fashion when around wild and powerful beasts. Guess he never got that lesson? Well, he sure did now. Hope he is able to show more humility to the wild animal kingdom in the future. My guess is, that will not be an issue! His poor new truck. Hope the insurance company denies his claim. He forgot about the "don't harangue wild beasts" clause in his policy.