Tuk-com, scammed again

torefelgen

Hi, just another story from the scamming shopping center.

Brought my tlf, a Samsung Galaxy note 3 neo from norway too thailand.

It wont take sim card from outside europe. Samsung must crazy to make a tlf with restrictions like that. Anyway i took it too the unlock shop in 2 floor. They could unlock it for 800 baht. Ok good.

But the tlf i get back is made in taiwan. But the tlf i gave them was made in italy. They only lifted their shoulder and didnt care.

The tlf dont work anymore.

Just another scam from the mafia at tukom pattaya

Tor from norway

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tor the minute you either knew that the phone would not accept the sim card you should have known that they could not jailbreak the phone. They must have told you that. The older verizon phones from the U.S. don't even have a sim card slot. If you would have asked other vendors they would have told you it wouldn't work & you would have found out that the going prices are 300 baht to unlock a phone. Every vendor charges the same price to be competitive. I have had 3 phones unlocked by 3 companies . Never over 300 baht to do the Job. Any of the IT phone centers deal with main stream phones only. If you would have asked to see if anyone would buy the newer note you would have had zero takers as it only works for your home country. That is why I can buy a !phone 4 or note 2 in the U.S. for $40-$80.00 while T-Mobile or ATT are 4 times as much since they work on ANY companies or countries sim cards. If you are bringing in foreign phones make sure they are made with dual sim cards or have access to change sim cards as anything but is junk over here. Don't replace it with a 6000 baht copy phone either in Tukom they will always tell you it is a copy if you ask.

Tor the minute you either knew that the phone would not accept the sim card you should have known that they could not jailbreak the phone. They must have told you that. The older verizon phones from the U.S. don't even have a sim card slot. If you would have asked other vendors they would have told you it wouldn't work & you would have found out that the going prices are 300 baht to unlock a phone. Every vendor charges the same price to be competitive. I have had 3 phones unlocked by 3 companies . Never over 300 baht to do the Job. Any of the IT phone centers deal with main stream phones only. If you would have asked to see if anyone would buy the newer note you would have had zero takers as it only works for your home country. That is why I can buy a !phone 4 or note 2 in the U.S. for $40-$80.00 while T-Mobile or ATT are 4 times as much since they work on ANY companies or countries sim cards. If you are bringing in foreign phones make sure they are made with dual sim cards or have access to change sim cards as anything but is junk over here. Don't replace it with a 6000 baht copy phone either in Tukom they will always tell you it is a copy if you ask.

You start by saying that anyone could have told the OP that unlocking doesn't work, then you continue that you had 3 phones successfully unlocked for 300 Baht.

Yeh u cant unlock latest phones in shop. They crypted and protected. Only way is to buy unlock code.

Theres online services they deal with carriers and sell codes. Be aware of scams tho. But i used it twice and works. Unlocked S3 and S4

And whats tlf ?

Edited by douchebag

Tlf means telefon.

Yeah probably my own fault should have bought the code online. Only dissapointed they have scam every time ones need help. Why cant they earn their money like other citizens??

Scam-com

Did you realize, how many of these shops are there?

So your posts say nothing about anything.

Generalizing does not explain the world.

One post removed, if you want the name of the shop concerned please ask the member via PM, do not post it on here, thank you.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

"It wont take sim card from outside europe. Samsung must crazy to make a tlf with restrictions like that."

Samsung region lock their phones to try and control international distribution channels. If you have made more than 5 minutes of calls on it with a Norwegian (or other European) SIM then the region lock is (should be) gone automatically. Are you sure it was region locked or locked to your carrier in Norway. Guessing doesn't really matter much now as your original phone has gone anyway.

Well it said so on the tlf and on the box too

I highly doubt Samsung has any mobile phone manufacturing plants in Italy. Maybe it said something like it was made for the Italian market or something to that affect. You should have noted the serial number of your phone before you handed it over for service. And another thing, why did you go to Tuk Com to service your phone, as you seem to have had bad prior experiences there, and not to either the official Samsung store at Central Beach mall or the Samsung Service center?

You could use online service. U pay fee and they send u unlock code. It works cuz i unlocked mine UK S3

correct and the guy was scammed

It is very likely he got a fake Samsung copy that sells for a fraction of the price of his genuine Samsung phone, they are substandard in every way possible

If you hand in the phone to someone , especially a repair center at tukcom take a picture of the serial number so you have some evidence. I would call the police and make a lot of noise if that was my phone.

The box

<image>

I am very surprised about that "European SIM card only" ??

I have many friends who came see me in Thailand with their phone from France.

Probably 1/3 or 1/2 of them had a SAMSUNG phone

and never any of them had a problem to use Thailand SIM cards, usually 12Call.

Is it something new? or something specific to Norway?

Sorry to hear your problem.

Phones and a lot of technical devices (such as TV, DVD-players, Bluray-players, Tablets so forth) should ALWAYS be bought in the country you are native in. HENCE, they should be serviced and fixed in the country you bought it. Why?

Because todays electronic devices are country or region specific down to the ROM / FIRMWARE / BOOTLOADER which is customized for EVERY SPECIFIC country that the device is sold. There are surely more than 50 different variations in FIRMWARE Alone for your phone. The specifics vary in 100 of variables such as modem configuration, network setup, APN-settings, phone number variations, name tag variations, text format length so forth so forth. For example, in NORWAY, they use 3+7 character phone numbers, while in Thailand they use 2+8, thus making the position of the DASH different.

UNLOCKING phones is a risky business which can permanently BRICK your phone. Maybe this happened and they actually solved it by doing this.

AND...

Ignore the posters that just wants to thread-&lt;deleted&gt; you. They are everywhere here but luckily they are easy to spot.

The box

<image>

Note-3-SIM-warning.jpg

Made by Samsung.

The box

<image>

Samsung phones are region locked when purchased. If they are used to make 5 minutes of calls in the region where bought then the lock goes away. It is done to try to stop grey market sales.

Samsung phones are region locked when purchased. If they are used to make 5 minutes of calls in the region where bought then the lock goes away. It is done to try to stop grey market sales.

Thanks. I could understand that. Logical.

By the way, when you buy a Samsung mobile in Europa, you don't get warranty in Thailand and vice versa.

Yes most phone sold in Thailand have a Thailand only warranty,

but I doubt a lot about the "and vice versa"...

AFAIK phones from Samsung, LG, Apple,... sold in France - by example - have a worldwide warranty. smile.png

Thanks. I could understand that. Logical.

By the way, when you buy a Samsung mobile in Europa, you don't get warranty in Thailand and vice versa.

Yes most phone sold in Thailand have a Thailand only warranty,

but I doubt a lot about the "and vice versa"...

AFAIK phones from Samsung, LG, Apple,... sold in France - by example - have a worldwide warranty. smile.png

I got this information from the Samsung Service Center in Pattaya at the Suk. If true or not...i don't know. I bought my Samsung phone in Thailand. Also my Samsung Notebook.