Thailand and Italy plan a joint business forum

webfact

Thailand and Italy plan a joint business forum

BANGKOK, 15 January 2015 (NNT) - Thailand and Italy have agreed to initiate a Business Forum in which leading business operators from both countries are invited to attend and share views on new opportunities in trade and investment.

The initiative was discussed in a bilateral meeting today between Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Gen Tanasak Patimapragorn and Mr.Francesco Saverio Nisio, Italian Ambassador to Thailand.

In the meeting, Gen Tanasak expressed his appreciation to Italy for the warm welcome accorded to Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha and himself during their participation in the 10th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit held in Milan last October.

He also congratulated the Italian government for being the host of World Expo 2015 which will run for six months from 1 May to 31 October 2015. There will be 148 countries participating in the expo including Thailand. The expo’s organizer has set 24 August as Thailand’s Day in order to draw visitors’ attention and publicize the country during the event.

Gen Tanasak on this occasion assured the Italian Ambassador that Thailand has attached a high priority to tourists’ safety and will take care of about 250,000 Italians visiting the country each year.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-15 footer_n.gif

"Gen Tanasak on this occasion assured the Italian Ambassador that Thailand has attached a high priority to tourists’ safety and will take care of about 250,000 Italians visiting the country each year."

Hopefully the Italian tourists have an appetite for Thai food. Once they see what the Thais have done to their beloved pizza and pasta sauce, they will wish they could sue for defamation...And...Unlike in Thailand, they would have a legitimate gripe.bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 1

Interesting that Thailand has always maintained that it has no need of the West. Now it's suddenly engaging or, suffice to say, crying out for help from Germany and Italy. What's next? Thailand joins the EU?

About time this small place (the centre of the universe) listened to the West, and engaged more positively. N. Korea must be laughing its >deleted< off at all this desperate negotiation tendency.

• Like 1

Interesting that Thailand has always maintained that it has no need of the West. Now it's suddenly engaging or, suffice to say, crying out for help from Germany and Italy. What's next? Thailand joins the EU?

About time this small place (the centre of the universe) listened to the West, and engaged more positively. N. Korea must be laughing its >deleted< off at all this desperate negotiation tendency.

Today the AEC, tomorrow the EU and after the weekend holiday THE WORLD ( a Dr. Evil laugh at this point ) !

• Like 1

Somo you aren't hilarious you are just a stupid racist

If you can't take a joke ...well you know what they say.

By the way I have Italian family and am married to a Thai so you can call me stupid but not racist.

• Like 1

Hello to everybody.

I'm italian, and i will like to explain you something about Italy. and tell something about our thinking about Thailand.

Firstly i want to congratulate you for your wonderful culture and country, for my point of view is the most beautiful in the World.

Then let's start talking about this post.... I think Thailand has to stop thinking about:

1 - Berlusconi,

2 - Italian Government,

3 - Mafia.

This 3 topics are already know by everybody. And now i give you a same example to Thailand:

1 - You think there is no man similar of Berlusconi in Thailand? Everybody talk about him because maybe you don't know, but he is the owner of the 5 best television channels in Italy, so it easy for him talking about him. And in thailand we never compare the Bunga Bunga... because in thailand the bunga bunga is everywhere! (so much better, in the limits...)

2 - Yes Italian one is a shit, everybody hate it and no one like it , from long time. I don't know so much about thailand government so i will no compare nothing about it.

3 - Mafia... Believe me, i see more and more mafia in Thailand, from the Police to the normal people renting jetski, to the car renter and so on... Then please do not compare like this.

After this i think it is good for your country open the doors to expand ideas and business to Italy, Remember i think the 70% of the company in Thailand are made from foreign, and i think some of them are Italian, but you always have the 51% posses of the company so it looks your, and not our...

And i am the first one will come in Thailand in February to try to open a software house company, giving work yo Thailand people because remember for 1 foreing you have to give work to 4 thailand. So is good for you also!

So after this i want to tell you, Italy is not only pizza, spaghetti, and Mandolino (that you like) but it is also Ferrari, Lamborghini, Gucci, Armani, venice, Rome, Milan and so on...

I really want you see our country as i see beautiful thailand every time.

This is not a post to argue some one or something, it is just for talk. =)

This article falls short of any creditability. There is not a single reference as to Italy understanding why Thailand can't have democracy now and maybe not for the next five years. But Italy has been assured that under martial law Italian tourists should feel secure - Mussolini would have been pleased.