Rohingya problem should be treated an Asean problem

webfact

Rohingya problem should be treated an Asean problem

15-1-2558-14-01-37-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Human trafficking of Rohingya people should be treated as an Asean problem so that there will be better cooperation from countries in the region to resolve this problem, said Mr Chumpol Chuenjitsiri, a law lecturer at Prince of Songkhla University.

He said that countries ranging from Myanmar where Rohingya are residing, transit country like Thailand before arriving at their destinations in Malaysia or Indonesia should cooperate to resolve this problem.

The lecturer also suggested that the government or the National Council for Peace and Order should introduce tougher laws to deal more harshly with the human trafficking gangs which have been preying on the Rohingyas.

Altogether 2,500 Rohingya illegal immigrants have been rounded up in the past two years by authorities mostly in Songkhla and Satun provinces which border with Malaysia, one of the two favoured destinations of these illegals. The number however did not include those who were not arrested and believed to number in hundreds.

Police in Nakhon Si Thammarat have recently arrested Mr Sunan Saengthong suspected to be the leader of a major human trafficking in Ranong province. The suspect is in custody for interrogation as police try to extract more information from him which will hopefully lead to more arrests.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/rohingya-problem-treated-asean-problem

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-15

Let's see...a group that comes from a religious background that has committed 10s of thousands of terrorist acts in the last decade and murdered 100s of millions of people in the last millennium finds that their acts of aggression are not tolerated by the government who brings too much heat to bear so they want to flee to a country that is more similar to their belief system. Oh, and they don't mind breaking the laws of the countries they illegally cross through on their way.

Yep, it's an ASEAN problem; not the problem of idiots with a belief system quagmired in the 7th century.

An ASEAN problem? Well yes, I suppose Burma is a member of ASEAN.

So the other countries should put pressure on Burma to stop persecuting a segment of its population based on religious bigotry. To give them the same rights as all its other citizens. To stop religious fascists from attacking, murdering and destroying their homes and properties.

Yes, good idea. Use ASEAN to force Burma to recognise the rights of all its legitimately residing citizens.

Of which the Rohingya are one.

That would be excellent.

Won't happen though, will it?

That's not "the problem" ASEAN wants to face, you know, the cause, the real one.

Much too like hard work I suspect.

Edited by Bluespunk

Let's see...a group that comes from a religious background that has committed 10s of thousands of terrorist acts in the last decade and murdered 100s of millions of people in the last millennium finds that their acts of aggression are not tolerated by the government who brings too much heat to bear so they want to flee to a country that is more similar to their belief system. Oh, and they don't mind breaking the laws of the countries they illegally cross through on their way.

Yep, it's an ASEAN problem; not the problem of idiots with a belief system quagmired in the 7th century.

You are so completely lost. Now, they are all evil since they are all Muslim? Do you hear yourself? You sound like one of Hitlers men, or an Aryan Nation leader. Whats up with that? You don't really believe your nonsense, do you? Most Muslims are peaceful people. You do not want to believe that is possible that of the 2 billion Muslims, most are peaceful? Take your hateful diatribes elsewhere. We do not want to hear them on this forum.

Did I say they are evil? Please show me where I even allude to that?

Nice attempt to Goodwin the discussion; nothing that a little "I can't possibly constructively debate this so I'm going to call the opposing viewpoint a Nazi" adds to a conversation that can't be added with a bit more thinking. Trying to insinuate that I am a racist also will gain no traction; please tell me what race you are if you belong to that religion because I've seen Africans, Europeans, Arabs, Indian subcontinent, Asians and even indigenous Americans as part of that group.

I really do believe that in the last 10 millennium the single greatest threat to humanity has been religion. Whether it's the basic "kill those because they don't believe as we do" to the more nebulous "don't think too much because you'll get away from god(s)" which slows development of the race as a whole, it has been truly tragic what belief has done to us. And in the last 1500 years the worst of the offenders is Islam. I don't make this up, adherents to THAT religion daily commit offences that are truly mind boggling and are totally justified by their religious texts which, unlike others condone violence at certain times against certain people, command the believers to go out and do exactly what they are doing.

I'd believe that the majority of Muslims are peaceful and totally not following their religion faithfully. Just like most Buddhists or Christians or Jews or Animists or Taoists or whatever...but does that invalidate the facts that believers from that religion are currently the single most destructive group on this planet and have been since the inception of it? Or the fact that the Rohingya started troubles with their Buddhists/Animist/Christian neighbours in Burma and are now running away from the problem?

There is nothing wrong with attacking an idea; after all it's the basis of science! To say that a whole group of people are defined by a belief system without allowance for deviation from it is childish. You are saying that; they were born Muslim or converted and now any criticism of something that is probably out of their control (and a departure from can earn them a death sentence in a lot of the world) is also quite revealing. You are arguing that an individual in that religion is defined solely by it; to criticise the religion is to criticise the whole group of people. That's as absurd as complaining about the lack of first quality road repair in Thailand (a true statement) and someone else saying you're racist against Thais!

If you're conflating my notice of their breaking laws to an overall lack of good on their part...well that's more your problem than mine isn't it?

And please hover over my username; I have 150% more time on this board than you do so perhaps you can take your infantile attempts are smears elsewhere?

שלום אידיוט

So the other countries should put pressure on Burma to stop persecuting a segment of its population based on religious bigotry. To give them the same rights as all its other citizens. To stop religious fascists from attacking, murdering and destroying their homes and properties.

Yes, good idea. Use ASEAN to force Burma to recognise the rights of all its legitimately residing citizens.

That would be excellent.

That's not "the problem" ASEAN wants to face, you know, the cause, the real one.

Meh...the Burmese government does it to all the religions. Look at the Karens. And yet THEY aren't burning down their neighbours houses, raping and killing them and generally being a nuisance. It's awful telling that

As of 22 August, officially there had been 88 casualties – 57 Muslims and 31 Buddhists. An estimated 90,000 people have been displaced by the violence. About 2,528 houses were burned, and of those, 1,336 belonged to Rohingyas and 1,192 belonged to Rakhines.

(thank you wikipedia)

Seems that the Rohingyas, who started all this, are giving it almost as good as they are getting it....

That would be excellent.

Meh...the Burmese government does it to all the religions. Look at the Karens. And yet THEY aren't burning down their neighbours houses, raping and killing them and generally being a nuisance. It's awful telling that

As of 22 August, officially there had been 88 casualties – 57 Muslims and 31 Buddhists. An estimated 90,000 people have been displaced by the violence. About 2,528 houses were burned, and of those, 1,336 belonged to Rohingyas and 1,192 belonged to Rakhines.

(thank you wikipedia)

Seems that the Rohingyas, who started all this, are giving it almost as good as they are getting it....

You really don't know a single thing you are talking about do you?

Complete and utter BS.

Edit: Too early to get angry.

Edited by Bluespunk

Complete and utter BS.

Even for a bigot, that is the dumbest, most ill informed, prejudicial nonsense I have read in a while.

Do you even know the history or are you just trotting out soundbites?

Read about the illegal Bengali immigration and the terror that they have inflicted on that region and get back on the forum.

Here's a hint...it really starts in 1942 when they murdered 40,000 of their non-Muslim neighbours with weapons they promised the British they'd fight the Japanese with. It gets even worse from there.

And if understanding the history of an idea framework with respect to its impact on humanity and having a reaction to it (which I would call a realist) is now being a bigot (which is the unfair and strong disliking of an idea) nobody sent out that memo...

Reckon I'm a i bigot against slavery, child sacrifice, and suicide attacks also. Does that win me a t-shirt?

**edit**

cleaned up some grammar.

Edited by dave_boo

Complete and utter BS.

Even for a bigot, that is the dumbest, most ill informed, prejudicial nonsense I have read in a while.

Do you even know the history or are you just trotting out soundbites?

Read about the illegal Bengali immigration and the terror that they have inflicted on that region and get back on the forum.

Here's a hint...it really starts in 1942 when they murdered 40,000 of their non-Muslim neighbours with weapons they promised the British they'd fight the Japanese with. It gets even worse from there.

And if understanding the history of an idea framework with respect to its impact on humanity and having a reaction to it (which I would call a realist) is now being a bigot (which is the unfair and strong disliking of an idea) nobody sent out that memo...

Reckon I'm a i bigot against slavery, child sacrifice, and suicide attacks also. Does that win me a t-shirt?

**edit**

cleaned up some grammar.

No I reckon your a bigot because of your views on Islam.

As for how long the Rohingya have been in Burma..you are way, way off in your timeline.

Laughably so.

They are as much Burmese as any other ethnic group in Burma..

As for the rest of your post, see previous.

Edited by Bluespunk

As for how long the Rohingya have been in Burma..you are way, way off in your timeline.

Laughably so.

So an observation that that belief system, which since its inception, has enslaved, raped and murdered its way across the globe isn't the best thing for mankind is either an unfair assessment of it or prejudiced against it due to its deviant ways?

Or are you going to also attempt to say that I am bigoted against the followers also? If so, that tripe is so old. I've clearly stated that Islam =/= muslims; although their failure to reform it is greatly disappointing but understandable considering what happens to those who try. I am quite surprised that otherwise intelligent people would make that leap from recognising individuals to lumping them in under one banner and stating that portion of their identity is ALL they are.

I know that reading comprehension is a scarce commodity nowadays, but I never said that 1942 was when they first arrived; simply that was when their violence against their neighbours started in full force. As it is recent enough to actually be applicable as there are still people alive from then it is relevant to the discussion that is taking place. The really old stuff, such as when they first got there, how many were brought in by the British as cheap labour way back when doesn't really matter much now as none of those people that were alive then are still around.

Does working towards the annexation of the area and the constant association with terrorist groups along with the aforementioned violence against their neighbours negate their "Burmese-ness"...?

Laughably so.

So an observation that that belief system, which since its inception, has enslaved, raped and murdered its way across the globe isn't the best thing for mankind is either an unfair assessment of it or prejudiced against it due to its deviant ways?

Or are you going to also attempt to say that I am bigoted against the followers also? If so, that tripe is so old. I've clearly stated that Islam =/= muslims; although their failure to reform it is greatly disappointing but understandable considering what happens to those who try. I am quite surprised that otherwise intelligent people would make that leap from recognising individuals to lumping them in under one banner and stating that portion of their identity is ALL they are.

I know that reading comprehension is a scarce commodity nowadays, but I never said that 1942 was when they first arrived; simply that was when their violence against their neighbours started in full force. As it is recent enough to actually be applicable as there are still people alive from then it is relevant to the discussion that is taking place. The really old stuff, such as when they first got there, how many were brought in by the British as cheap labour way back when doesn't really matter much now as none of those people that were alive then are still around.

Does working towards the annexation of the area and the constant association with terrorist groups along with the aforementioned violence against their neighbours negate their "Burmese-ness"...?

Your just repeating yourself.

Please review my previous responses.

Yes I do. It appears to be a wasted attempt at sparking an actual conversation where you can positively support your inane assertion that I am a bigot.

As you have yet to provide any evidence whatsoever of the factuality of that libel, nor provided any proof that what I actually posted is false I believe the best course of action is to refrain from wrestling with in the muck because apparently you are stuck on "Even for a bigot, that is the dumbest, most ill informed, prejudicial nonsense I have read in a while." all while providing no supporting evidence.

Have a good day.

Yes I do. It appears to be a wasted attempt at sparking an actual conversation where you can positively support your inane assertion that I am a bigot.

As you have yet to provide any evidence whatsoever of the factuality of that libel, nor provided any proof that what I actually posted is false I believe the best course of action is to refrain from wrestling with in the muck because apparently you are stuck on "Even for a bigot, that is the dumbest, most ill informed, prejudicial nonsense I have read in a while." all while providing no supporting evidence.

Have a good day.

Your first post gave me all I needed to know.

You are so completely lost. Now, they are all evil since they are all Muslim? Do you hear yourself? You sound like one of Hitlers men, or an Aryan Nation leader. Whats up with that? You don't really believe your nonsense, do you? Most Muslims are peaceful people. You do not want to believe that is possible that of the 2 billion Muslims, most are peaceful? Take your hateful diatribes elsewhere. We do not want to hear them on this forum.

Did I say they are evil? Please show me where I even allude to that?

Nice attempt to Goodwin the discussion; nothing that a little "I can't possibly constructively debate this so I'm going to call the opposing viewpoint a Nazi" adds to a conversation that can't be added with a bit more thinking. Trying to insinuate that I am a racist also will gain no traction; please tell me what race you are if you belong to that religion because I've seen Africans, Europeans, Arabs, Indian subcontinent, Asians and even indigenous Americans as part of that group.

I really do believe that in the last 10 millennium the single greatest threat to humanity has been religion. Whether it's the basic "kill those because they don't believe as we do" to the more nebulous "don't think too much because you'll get away from god(s)" which slows development of the race as a whole, it has been truly tragic what belief has done to us. And in the last 1500 years the worst of the offenders is Islam. I don't make this up, adherents to THAT religion daily commit offences that are truly mind boggling and are totally justified by their religious texts which, unlike others condone violence at certain times against certain people, command the believers to go out and do exactly what they are doing.

I'd believe that the majority of Muslims are peaceful and totally not following their religion faithfully. Just like most Buddhists or Christians or Jews or Animists or Taoists or whatever...but does that invalidate the facts that believers from that religion are currently the single most destructive group on this planet and have been since the inception of it? Or the fact that the Rohingya started troubles with their Buddhists/Animist/Christian neighbours in Burma and are now running away from the problem?

There is nothing wrong with attacking an idea; after all it's the basis of science! To say that a whole group of people are defined by a belief system without allowance for deviation from it is childish. You are saying that; they were born Muslim or converted and now any criticism of something that is probably out of their control (and a departure from can earn them a death sentence in a lot of the world) is also quite revealing. You are arguing that an individual in that religion is defined solely by it; to criticise the religion is to criticise the whole group of people. That's as absurd as complaining about the lack of first quality road repair in Thailand (a true statement) and someone else saying you're racist against Thais!

If you're conflating my notice of their breaking laws to an overall lack of good on their part...well that's more your problem than mine isn't it?

And please hover over my username; I have 150% more time on this board than you do so perhaps you can take your infantile attempts are smears elsewhere?

שלום אידיוט

Infantile smears? That is a good one. I am also Jewish. But a statement like that could only come from a Jew. Some of the least open minded people on earth, when it comes to other faiths and especially Islam. Sorry. The truth hurts. And you absolutely were being bigoted by equating all Rohinga the acts of the nutjobs. Again sorry. But you need to open your mind and stop swallowing Israeli indoctrination. Only a complete misinterpretation of an Islamic religious text would justify the heinous acts being committed by the thugs and gang.rapists called ISIS, and Al Queda.

• Like 1