A question regarding retirement visa qualification - age factor

A question regarding retirement visa qualification - age 50, what is the definition of age 50? To start off, assume I would like to apply for Non-Imm O visa (based on retirement) and have the necessary 800k bhat in the bank, and I am born on November 20, 1950. When will I be able to apply for Non-Imm O visa based on retirement? Would it be:

a ) January 1, 2000

b ) Nov 21, 2000

c ) Jan 1, 2001

Thanks.

Edited by linguini

Remember that Thai's consider your age to be 50 when you start your 50th year. We, falang, consider us to be 50 when we've finished 50 years.

For this reason I know of Retirement issued to 49 year old!

There might be a rare case of a consulate issuing a visa based upon that but it is not common.

They will look at your passport and use your birth date when you apply for a visa at an embassy or consulate or an extension of stay at immigration.

If he OP doesn't know when he's 50 maybe he should stay at home and go back to school. This is a truly shocking question. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I was born on 8 March. Can someone please tell me when my birthday is because I have no idea. LOL.

If he OP doesn't know when he's 50 maybe he should stay at home and go back to school. This is a truly shocking question. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

No need to be so sniffy about it. Age is culturally determined. For example, in Korea, when you are born you are one year old (time in the womb is taken into account). Then you add one year every 1st January. In China your age changes on the first day of lichun (early in February). Japan uses both the Occidental system and the traditional kazoedoshi system.

So, "how old are you?" is not a trivial question.

Now, who is it that should "go back to school", ldnguy?

• Like 1

Remember that Thai's consider your age to be 50 when you start your 50th year. We, falang, consider us to be 50 when we've finished 50 years.

I don't know which "Falang" country you come from but in all the Western countries I know of, Westerners consider themselves 50 on the actually 1st day they turn 50 (their actual birthdate), not when they've finished 50 years. Once they've finished 50 years that would make them about to be 51yrs old.

I don't know which "Falang" country you come from but in all the Western countries I know of, Westerners consider themselves 50 on the actually 1st day they turn 50 (their actual birthdate), not when they've finished 50 years. Once they've finished 50 years that would make them about to be 51yrs old.

So when we're you one year old?... coffee1.gif