Shocker ! ! ! Andrew Drummond Leaving Thailand

Gonzo the Face

Andrew Drummond remained a mongoose in a den of snakes. My hat is off to him and I hope he enjoys life in civilization.

Farangland is "civilization"?

You jest of course... if not, you are delusional.

Edited by MisterTee

'Exposed this site as having links to go-go bars' - That sounds a bit weak and hardly worth writing about. Can you elucidate? But thanks anyway. Not freezing yet and I was never here for the weather. Bless you.

Sorry if I got it wrong but I was told posters had been banned just for mentioning this article. It seem not, so just shows you cannot believe everything you read on the internet

Gosh, you're up early Andrew. Presumably, the children are keeping you honest!

Coldest night of the year coming up I see in Caledonia but if you have any sense you should be somewhat south of the Watford Gap. The weather here is perfect with Thailand's own version of the "cold" still prevailing.

Cigarette prices are a shocker, ain't they?

Coldest night of the year coming up I see in Caledonia but if you have any sense you should be somewhat south of the Watford Gap. The weather here is perfect with Thailand's own version of the "cold" still prevailing.

Yes. Weather here good. Cigarettes cheap, But am giving them up - and will be south of Watford let alone the Gap

Who is A. Drummond. cliff-notes please.

If you Google "self-glorifying low-life scum" his name should pop up.

This doesn't sound like a Scumbag to me!

In fact I would say a man of courage,integrity and a seeker of truth!

andrew-drummond.com/p/about.html

think he is confused with looking in the mirror...

Yes. Weather here good. Cigarettes cheap, But am giving them up - and will be south of Watford let alone the Gap

And you smoke coffee1.gif

WOW!

Imagine what's going to be published as soon as he lands safely back in civilisation.

Can't say I blame him.

I wouldn't bet on that. Just as easy to

sanction him in the UK as it is here especially

when some of his enemies are Brits with strong

ties to the underworld

Your in Spain ,Andrew ?

Hi Folks,

Did you know that Andrew Drummond did not like ThaiVisaDotCom? Read his blog then.coffee1.gif

I did read his blog and after that never went there again.bah.gif

A good friend? of mine for many a years told me this and he my friend stopped reading ThaiVisaDotCom. sad.png

I have no problem with Andrew Drummond at all, doing very honest and good blog/job, however, why take it out on ThaiVisaDotCom for no reason at all. blink.png

Khun-fused.

Win facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Both Andrew Drummond and Nick Nostitz, who is also beens subject to threats, talk about their decision to leave in this article... http://asiancorrespondent.com/129937/veteran-foreign-journalists-forced-to-leave-thailand-following-threats/

Little difference there. Drummond is known for exposing the criminals, Nostitz is known for supporting them.

That's ugly, stupid and incorrect.

Can you support your comments ?

How I knew that may comment would be disputed by a hardcore red supporter?

Both Andrew Drummond and Nick Nostitz, who is also beens subject to threats, talk about their decision to leave in this article... http://asiancorrespondent.com/129937/veteran-foreign-journalists-forced-to-leave-thailand-following-threats/

Little difference there. Drummond is known for exposing the criminals, Nostitz is known for supporting them.

So you don't have any arguments... only hot air.

• Like 1

So you don't have any arguments... only hot air.

Do your home work yourself, maybe you could PM him as he used to be a member on this forum.

Another pathetic response.

Well done Anthony.

• Like 1

I had to Google and read more about who Andrew Drummond is and why I should know about him. Now, to be honest, I am having trouble caring about his personal situation. I have read too many arm-chair freedom fighters and democracy advocates on the Web (likely most mental midgets compared to Drummond?) proclaiming the error of Thailand's ways, always from a perspective of an outsider with ideas to impinge and impose.

Maybe because I do not read Thai, but I have not found an equal amount of brain and loud-mouth power writing about Thailand AND who are also Thai citizens. I wish such writings by Thai, if existing, could be translated and widely disseminated. I would like to see What Do Thai Want?

As a bright guy doing lots of trained research for over 30 years about "current events" and specific situations, I have definite ideas, too. For example, I know exactly what is wrong of Red China and how to fix it. I am sure I know what is wrong with Thailand and how to fix it *. I could include a few other places. However, EVERYTHING I think I know about these and other places is formed as an OUTSIDER--an outsider by language, culture, and places of residence. Regardless of how "due" my due diligence is, regardless of how well I use my highly trained historical research methods, regardless, I am still an outsider--and that matters, it matters a whole lot!

I think that seeing the whole forest from outside it is good, but unless one is OF THE FOREST, not just looking at it, I have to doubt the strongest of ground on which to take a stand. I would ask Mr. Drummond, What Do Thai Want?rolleyes.gif

*Those two nations are not at all equated by me here.

Noted, KK - the same armchair pundits that declare their passion for change will always express the predictable Western comparative. They want change of a Western image......which is oddly colonial-like.

Met Andrew in Kanchanaburi some years back when he was covering the murder (execution) of 2 British tourists killed by a drunk off duty cop. Considering the pressures he was under and the precautions he had to take I'm surprised he stuck it out in LOS as long as he has.

Edited by roamer
  • Like 1

I had a look at your website Andrew.

You should not have posted that photo of your children with their names too.

Frankly, if your children are at risk that was a very stupid thing to do. Shameful thinking about it.

Edited by MJP