Two men sentenced for killing and skinning a dog, posting photographs on Facebook

Lite Beer

Personally I would preferred to have read that the so-called dog owner was banged on the head and skinned rather than the dog.

In the scheme of things dogs are categorised as man`s best friend, not as animals to be abused and considered no more than a meal. In the civilised world dogs would only be eaten as a desperate last resort, for example if in times of great famine or war. In many cases the companionships of dogs can be more beneficial than that of people.

Pigs, cows, chickens and the like are herbivores and since ancient times have been breed and raised specially for meat produce, these are not domesticated animals. Dogs are domesticated animals breed and reared as pets. Throughout the centuries dogs have relied on humans for their welfare, in an exchange of companionship and love not simply as products and abused.

People that display a cruel streak towards animals have serious character disorders.

People so often misuse the term "civilized."

By "civilized" of course you mean where you are from, the West.

China has had a civilization far longer than the West, with great literature, science, and the arts surpassing the West.

They eat dog.

Domesticated does not mean pet, it means tamed for human use. In Asia dogs have been bred for meat produce.

Pigs are smarter than dogs and make fantastic pets.

Dogs don't need us, look at any soi dog.

• Like 1

Dogs have been mans best friend and working partner (same as horses) for time immemorial. Unlike many other animals that are breed specifically for the purposes of eating. No need for cruelty in killing of any animal and no need for killing of mans animal working partners EXCEPT in EXTREME (life or death) cases. Any killing should only be done as humanely as possible. coffee1.gif

Soi dogs are not mans best friend, they are vermin

An exception to every "rule" I guess whistling.gif

Interestingly enough, many time I have walked past soi dogs (and dogs in outskirts of towns in other countries also) but never had one have a go at me. They sense if you are scared of them or not. And they don't like being stared down either.

"Talk softly but carry a big stick" Theodore Roosevelt.

Edit: Added last line

Edited by lvr181