Bt100m more missing: KMITL

webfact

Bt100m more missing: KMITL
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- KING MONGKUT'S Institute of Technology Lat Krabang (KMITL) has revealed that another Bt100 million went missing from its bank accounts in 2012, around the time when Bt1.47 billion was embezzled.

Worawan Suwannakut, head of the KMITL legal division, yesterday submitted documents for Crime Suppression Division (CSD)'s probe into related transactions to find where this Bt100 million went.

CSD deputy chief Nos Sawetlek said yesterday that staff of two commercial banks were due to provide more details later yesterday about suspect Songklod Sriprasong's behaviour while working at the banks. Police will soon issue an arrest warrant for a man called Surapop Tangpradit who received Bt6.2 million from a KMITL account, Nos said.

Police are gathering evidences to link KMITL executives that conspired with suspect Ampon Noisamrit in the embezzlement and he thought the case should be forwarded to the prosecutor in March.

Meanwhile key suspect Kittisak Mattujad's mother Radom Mattujad, 56, and younger sister Jutharat Padpai, 29 testified to police yesterday about their assets, as they were among the 26 individuals to be questioned over money wired to their bank accounts and denied any involvement to the crime. Police brought Radom in custody to face the money laundering charge.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Bt100m-more-missing-KMITL-30252249.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-20

This is becoming a monster of a fraud and it has got to have a link to bank officials as well as the university admin and government officials as well.

A well planned professionally executed fraud which has been and was concealed very well for a considerable length of time when you consider the amounts involved.

No doubt the main culprits have fled the scene as we already know one is it seems resident in the U.K.

"Kittisak Mattujad's mother Radom Mattujad, 56,"

The conversation went something like this,

Him: Hello mum can I put 70 million baht in your bank account?

Her: 70 million baht! Where did you get 70 million baht son?

Him: It's a work bonus for being a good worker.

Her: Why don't you put it in your bank son?

Him: I can't find my bank book mum.

Her: Ok then, I'll give you my bank book tonight, OK?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Really want to see all of these guys go down for a long stretch...but I'm not holding my breath. I'm mind boggling how much money is 'lost' in this country. Corruption really is hindering development here.

And it's mind boggling how long this investigation is taking.

And it's mind boggling how long it took to discover money was missing,about one month ago, and it continues to be mind boggling it's taken one month to discover there is another 100M Baht missing.

How come the NACC or the DSI not already involved?

most corupt groups are organized as to the amounts needed and their orgian, the amount to be stolen, the avenue to transfer funds, individuals that must be involved/paid, amounts for each individual, etc

as mentioned the universities accounting system must suck for this scam to be ongoing this long. the 100 million just discovered missing may cause additional heads to roll.

many schools and temples seem very hesitant to give P and L figures nor give access to their books of accounting figures. probably follow the lead of the majority of politicans, private companies, etc or virtually the entire population who handle/solicite other peoples money.