Racist Bangkok taxi driver doesn't accept Japanese passengers

webfact

Where are the people applauding that Thais can get away with this racist crapola and it's a GOOD THING because they don't have the "PC police" to bother them? ermm.gif

Selectively choosing where they post so as to keep their keyboard warrior creds.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A not surprising reaction on an entire race because of the opinion of one individual. What a big baby. Thainess in full glory.

I assume you've never heard of irony or hypocrisy.

• Like 1

hansgruber, on 21 Jan 2015 - 15:16, said:

Everyone has a right to refuse service.

I've seen worse. Anti Israel sign on Phi Phi island saying "Israeli not welcome at this hotel".

Another bar in Phuket has "No Africa man allowed"

I'm not full up on Thai law, but certainly, in Australia, a taxi driver would lose his licence for such behaviour.
Same stuff goes on in Western Australia. Every country has their own brand of racism and xenophobia.

post-147411-14218405071703_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong but is there not or was there a Japanese only Soi next to PatPong? caters to thai ladies for Japanese only. If anyone else goes there they will not serve you.

you're right, this is the 1st or 2nd soi after entering Surawongse and having passed Jim Thompson's...then again: if anything is that obvious then they may keep to themselves, I could not care less. And mind you: Any Westerner would be laughed at by the girls holding a 1000Baht note in his trembling hand, wouldn't even buy him a tooth-pick in these high- powered places where the byrds wouldn't speak a word of English but domo arigato

"Racist Bangkok taxi driver doesn't accept Japanese passengers"

or ...
"Discerning Bangkok taxi driver doesn't accept Japanese passengers"

I'll bet very few of you, if any, have worked as a taxi driver in Thailand.

Certainly none of you being a Thai working in service industry, and being spoken to by Japanese men.

You can never know what there is going on there. And this sign I suspect goes deeper than just a knee jerk reaction to the Japanese guy mouthing off. Perhaps it was the catalyst that helped the driver spit the dummy.

You will never know, because you are not Thai.

( I know Norwegian people who want nothing to do with Swedes, let alone Germans, and I've not the time now to give you detailed story of what was going on there during the 2nd World War. Suffice to say that during my two decades in Scandinavia, including Finland, I was privileged to enjoy a great many conversations at family dinner tables, around the fireplace, in mountain cottages and in the sauna. I learnt stuff that will never read about in tourist brochures.)

(Other conversations, an artist associate who frequented my art gallery in Australia, happened to work a few hours a week in the sex industry. Wow ... you would perhaps be taken a back by what she and her co-workers had to say about Japanese clients. Without exception, every one expressed hatred for the "dirty b****ds" )

Anyway, remember, Japan occupied Thailand.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Edited by TechnikaIII
  • Like 1

The message is signed "From the Thai Taxi Driver Community for Suvarnabhumi Airport."

Thank goodness for the Airport Link!
Which unfortunately rather seems to be on its last legs...... Edited by JAG

I've seen worse. Anti Israel sign on Phi Phi island saying "Israeli not welcome at this hotel".

I suppose it's okay...until they refuse you service.
  • Like 1

Both Thais and Japanese are part of the mongoloid race, so how is one "racist" against one's own race? Biased, prejudiced, bigoted perhaps, but not "racist."

Mongoloid is now considered a derogatory word.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Come on people, why the massive suppport for Japan here ?

The man has, I think, the right to refuse service if he wishes. The man is probably acting by himself. And this shows "when you take action by yourself only, you are useless, you must get organised, be in a group, and take collective or joint action".

As for supporting Japan, nobody has forgotten fighting the war against Germany. But people act as if there never was a World War against Japan.

Why ?

If it was about refusing service to Chinese passengers, surely most people on Thai Visa would be cheering on the whole thing.

So we don't like the Chinese, but we love the Japanese ? Who did Britain (and America as well) fight in a World War ??

And why did they fight it?

To allow xenophobic &lt;deleted&gt; to discriminate against people because of their nationality?

You know, I don't think they did.

hansgruber, on 21 Jan 2015 - 15:16, said:

I'm not full up on Thai law, but certainly, in Australia, a taxi driver would lose his licence for such behaviour.
Same stuff goes on in Western Australia. Every country has their own brand of racism and xenophobia.

Just because it happens elsewhere doesn't make it right.

In his cab, it's best not to be Turning Japanese, Turning Japanese...yes, I really think so.

Haha, that song is actually about jerking off.

I'll bet very few of you, if any, have worked as a taxi driver in Thailand.

Certainly none of you being a Thai working in service industry, and being spoken to by Japanese men.

Yeah right! The old "Bai Soi Thaniya, khrup" can really bring out the worst in people. :rolleyes:

It's difficult for me to understand why a taxi driver who makes a small amount of money would refuse to take Japanese, or refuse to take other paying customers or they refuse to use the meter which decreases their potential fare paying customers. At the end of the day they don't have the money they could have. It appears that it's not very important to make money. They seem to be expecting and waiting for that one big pay day but from whom, I do not know!