Thai PM deflects concern over mass surveillance bill

webfact

I guess what this means that if they (meaning the PM or his henchmen), do not like any of the postings on this forum, can request (read "order" ), all the profile information from TV for a member. I know foreign ISPs will tell them to piss off if they request information, but what about Thai ISPs ?

Her Goebbels has been resurrected.

• Like 2

For those who backed and applauded this man, I hope you can see your rights and freedoms being stripped away.

Just one problem with that thought.... For most of those reading here, myself included, we have few if any rights and freedoms in Thailand. Can't take away something that doesn't exist in the first place. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Anything that stems from a militarily led coup is by definition and extension, illegal. So to attempt to delineate between pre and post declaration legality would be pointless, would you not agree? That aside, of course this behaviour has been taking place from the onset. Attempting to legitimize it at this time is not only the height of absurdity, but speaks volumes toward revealing the true nature of what has taken place here. The past is being over-written, right before our eyes, while the present is pretty quickly devolving into a nightmare of Orwellian proportions.

"surveillance bill that would allow officials to inspect any form of communication without a requesting a court warrant"

You're deceiving yourself if you don't think MICT was already doing this, albeit, illegally.

• Like 1

obviously he is not a politician, he is answering like any General to his troops. But re the law, most countries are likely doing it anyway, especially after France etc. If it is used to catch someone working without a permit or the like, that would be wrong. If it used to catch terrorists, go fo it.

Its all getting a bit scary now

Please do not fret, my friend. Costas, rubl & djjamie will be along shortly to explain why these measures are to be applauded and how the west is far worse.

Did you miss me wink.png

Actually I'm disappointed that such snooping will be allowed without a proper warrant. On the other hand sometimes time is of utmost importance. With proper justification I would allow warrants to be asked after the snooping event and insist warrants are ALWAYS asked whether before or after.

Snooping is a hot issue for governments. The terrible attack in Paris a week ago puts pressure on governments to prevent such attacks. I'm afraid that at times freedom and security do not mix well.

Please do not fret, my friend. Costas, rubl & djjamie will be along shortly to explain why these measures are to be applauded and how the west is far worse.

Did you miss me wink.png

Actually I'm disappointed that such snooping will be allowed without a proper warrant. On the other hand sometimes time is of utmost importance. With proper justification I would allow warrants to be asked after the snooping event and insist warrants are ALWAYS asked whether before or after.

Snooping is a hot issue for governments. The terrible attack in Paris a week ago puts pressure on governments to prevent such attacks. I'm afraid that at times freedom and security do not mix well.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin, one of the original founders of The United States of America.

But, I expected you would be along to stick up for the status quo.

Edited by NeverSure

Did you miss me wink.png

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin, one of the original founders of The United States of America.

A mis-interpretation.

I have no good answer how to balance security and freedom and looking around me neither does the 'World'. Does that mean I 'stick up' with the status-quo? Can or should I alter something in here ? Does my attitude as professed in the post I wrote before make me much different from other posters here?

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh?

If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
Othello. Act III Scene I
William Shakespiere
Edited by rubl

Did you miss me wink.png

A mis-interpretation.

I have no good answer how to balance security and freedom and looking around me neither does the 'World'. Does that mean I 'stick up' with the status-quo? Can or should I alter something in here ? Does my attitude as professed in the post I wrote before make me much different from other posters here?

Stop procrastinating Rubl and just comment on the topic at hand... I know you are always keen to keep discussion on track, as you so keenly point out in nearly every other thread on TVF.

• Like 1

Did you miss me wink.png

A mis-interpretation.

Stop procrastinating Rubl and just comment on the topic at hand... I know you are always keen to keep discussion on track, as you so keenly point out in nearly every other thread on TVF.

Please let me repeat my previous post on the topic

"Actually I'm disappointed that such snooping will be allowed without a proper warrant. On the other hand sometimes time is of utmost importance. With proper justification I would allow warrants to be asked after the snooping event and insist warrants are ALWAYS asked whether before or after."

"I don't have to answer why! I will pass it. You have a problem with that? Otherwise, why the hell am I the Prime Minister? Why am I the Prime Minister?"

Now, there's a question.......

a variation of an old saying comes to mind "with absolute power comes absolute madness"

Its all getting a bit scary now

Did you miss me wink.png

Would a black person have friends amongst members of the klu klux clan ?

So if not why do you think then the general is your friend ?

Suggest he worries first about, and puts an end to, 'illegal' activity on the ground and in 'real life' before he starts worrying about cyberspace. By the by most people I know communicate in 4/5 languages/dialects; do you suppose LOS's equivalent of GCHQ has the same multilingual capacity?

Did you miss me wink.png

A mis-interpretation.

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh?

If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
Othello. Act III Scene I
William Shakespiere

Oh I really must disagree - it's Merchant of Venice Act 3 Scene 1. Shylock says it to Salarino.

• Like 2

I have been eagerly awaiting a response from Costas to explain his masters comments. But for some reason he seems a bit quiet today.

Perhaps he is unable to see through the wall of his deliriously happy tears to be able to type, or maybe he is too busy proudly dusting off his hero's portrait collection of and replacing the flowers...?

• Like 1