Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

If she was taking an antibiotic we have to wait and see. I was never know to have an allergy to anything, but one day was give sofiia and then become vary ill - I was near death by the time I got into an ER - hell of a thing to go from a bad cold to near death in a few hours. I would think they would have seen hives and swelling on the victim, it causes one to choke to death, but it is an example of no need to jump to any conclusions.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how so many of you jump to conclusions without knowing anything.

I feel the two Burmese are scapegoats, but this poor young girl could have died for any number of reasons. No details of the cause of death.

Let's just wait, hope and pray that there is no foul play.

The fact that after 4 days the police have released zero info of the circumstances wreaks of foul play and antibiotics don't kill neither does partying on holiday - all the info so far is coming from none local sources

She had been taking Valium, Tramadol and antibiotics with alcohol; overdoses of the first two with alcohol can cause death.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A picture of Mon (they got that right) and the resort where she was found (they got that right to), a local official speculates on the drug overdose, there, any more????

Everything right so far, the only thing missing now is one or more Burmese migrants to confess the murder with "help" from the RTP, case closed.

No point in posting a link to the report in the Daily Mail UK since it's banned in Thailand, but her mother states she died of natural causes.

In the image taken from the news report which came from her Twitter account she recounts 'lying on a sunbed with an alcopop and a bucketload of Tramadol'.

Mixing Tramadol with alcohol and certain types of antibiotics can prove fatal according to this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol#Interactions

Why she would be taking Tramadol in the first place is difficult to imagine considering it's a strong painkiller, but given the easy access to pharmacutical drugs in Thailand, she probably wouldn't experience any difficulty getting hold of it.

If death was caused by the effects of mixing drugs or the side effects of doing so then "natural causes" is clearly incorrect. If it was a combination of illness and the above then I guess it's less clear. I wonder how the insurance will view it if she had insurance either of the travel variety or back home.

The Daily Mail reports:

Christina's mother Margaret gave her cause of death as 'natural causes' today.

Posting on her daughter's Facebook page, she wrote: 'We have lost our beautiful daughter Chrissie in Thailand of natural causes.

Sorry but that sounds a really strange way to put it coming from a mother. So it sounds as if the autopsy has already been done and the mother is satisfied that it was natural causes. Apparently the young woman had a chest infection. No doubt her mobile phone is in the hands of the RTP who will be able to check her calls and photos to ascertain her movements and conversations before she was found dead. Not that the RTP will reveal anything though. Just seems very premature for a mother to make a statement like this so soon and seemingly without question. Unless of course she was seriously ill and her mother knew she was and was expecting her daughter to die imminently. Which I doubt.

Well actually it can be called Death Island, as it is an island, and a lot of people seem to

mysteriously die there. But I do agree, whoever is doing the killing, is certainly targeting

tourists. So......I guess that means the killer / killers are local people.

What are the a lot of mystery deaths? Two brutal murders with suspects whose sperm was found in one victim and whose dna was found at the crime scene? A sick girl who appears to have died of naturally but just plain idioitc to cause it a mystery at this point simply because it just happened and you don't know the circumstances yet ... extremely drunk person drowning ... diving accident ... suicide

It is no mystery why the sun is hot unless you just want to pretend there is one and ignore the science and cast doubt on the credibility of anyone who has actually researched the subject.

Has there been a cluster of deaths, yup. Would the majority of them have made the news had their not been the brutal murders that can happen anywhere in the world at any time ... probably not. Certainly appears to be a lot of recent deaths but not seeing much mystery unless you simply choose to want to believe mystery and disregard reality. Might not even be a lot of deaths as Thailand has a lot of vices that can bring on depression from money to love woes, attracts both the old and hard party people and in much of the country you are not babysat by authorities to keep you safe and drunks get on bikes or go swimming and others choose to take their own life just like somebody does each day in Las Vegas, another place of vices attracting many less than stable people. Tragic yes, mystery not.

Where do you live John ?

Do you have a business on KT by any chance ?

Maybe he's just a sensible, rational person?

I feel the two Burmese are scapegoats, but this poor young girl could have died for any number of reasons. No details of the cause of death.

The fact that after 4 days the police have released zero info of the circumstances wreaks of foul play and antibiotics don't kill neither does partying on holiday - all the info so far is coming from none local sources

I must have missed something in school, but what other 3 days are there between Wednesday and Thursday?

A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesperson said: "We can confirm the death of a British National in Thailand on 21 January 2014.

She had been taking Valium, Tramadol and antibiotics with alcohol; overdoses of the first two with alcohol can cause death.

And you know this because ?

Yet another one for Death Island, however we know for sure that no Thai would do it. Ask the police.

Plenty on CSI LA about this - BIB is already trying the ' death by natural causes' line on this ( if you go to koh Tao alone ...... Naturally you will die. Stop going there and it might change?

Rip Christina- a terrible ending

A women gets sick and dies in Thailand, nothing to suggest any foul play ... this to many posters is proof positive of foul play. Run to facebook pages and and other conspiracy based delusional social media posters to get up on the latest conspiracy theories and start spreading them fast in numbers because it will not be long before the non-nutters start pointing out the reality which includes her own tweets before her death about being ill after two weeks of solid drinking and needing to spend around 3,000 baht for antibiotic treatment.

Nothing to suspect foul play by any reasonable person but too many posters know better and know reasonable thinking doesn't help promote their internet detective skills or spread their hateful insecure agenda.

Nothing to suspect foul play but very mysterious for any reasonable person JTJ, Reports of another mysterious death of a Brit tourist on Thai holiday island of Koh Tao.

twitter.com/andylines

And don't forget it was your so called "delusional social media posters" who broke this story first 9 hours ago.

Every single death, in fact every single incident of any kind that happens anywhere, is mysterious until the cause is known, a mystery isn't necessarily suspicious. There is a huge difference between mysterious and suspicious.

There you go this is what it means http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mysterious

strange, unknown, puzzling, curious, secret, hidden, weird, concealed, obscure, baffling, veiled, mystical, perplexing, uncanny, incomprehensible, mystifying, impenetrable, arcane, inexplicable, cryptic, insoluble, unfathomable, abstruse, recondite, Delphic He died in mysterious circumstances.

I also heard the same as Pink Panther in that local journalists reported that the lady was discovered dead in none other than In touch resort, owned by the infamous Mon.. Obviously some sources TV forum approve of to confirm are thin on the ground. In time I think, although incredibly odd with the delay in the reporting considering the ongoing KT case with the Burmese lads

Yes CSI were first with the news through their contacts on KT, 9 hours ago, and sure its them that have said she was found naked in the resort owned by Mon, "In Touch" Local officials are saying its a drug overdose according to them. Yea of course what else............

What else.......may be

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

'Died of natural causes'

We are hearing that tragic Christina is thought to have died of natural causes.

The 23-year-old, who was well known in political circles, was on a four month trip around South East Asia when she passed away.

The Foreign Office has confirmed the death of a British National in Thailand and is providing support to the family.

RIP Christina, far too young to die.

Natural Causes at 23?

What is the list of Natural Causes for a young person...

No point in posting a link to the report in the Daily Mail UK since it's banned in Thailand, but her mother states she died of natural causes.

In the image taken from the news report which came from her Twitter account she recounts 'lying on a sunbed with an alcopop and a bucketload of Tramadol'.

Mixing Tramadol with alcohol and certain types of antibiotics can prove fatal according to this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol#Interactions

Why she would be taking Tramadol in the first place is difficult to imagine considering it's a strong painkiller, but given the easy access to pharmacutical drugs in Thailand, she probably wouldn't experience any difficulty getting hold of it.

Some of the pages of the DM can still be viewed via some of the Thai ISP's. Here is the link to the DM article that I can view :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2921704/Young-British-tourist-dies-unknown-circumstances-Koh-Tao-island-two-UK-backpackers-murdered.html

If death was caused by the effects of mixing drugs or the side effects of doing so then "natural causes" is clearly incorrect. If it was a combination of illness and the above then I guess it's less clear. I wonder how the insurance will view it if she had insurance either of the travel variety or back home.

The Daily Mail reports:

Posting on her daughter's Facebook page, she wrote: 'We have lost our beautiful daughter Chrissie in Thailand of natural causes.

Sorry but that sounds a really strange way to put it coming from a mother. So it sounds as if the autopsy has already been done and the mother is satisfied that it was natural causes. Apparently the young woman had a chest infection. No doubt her mobile phone is in the hands of the RTP who will be able to check her calls and photos to ascertain her movements and conversations before she was found dead. Not that the RTP will reveal anything though. Just seems very premature for a mother to make a statement like this so soon and seemingly without question. Unless of course she was seriously ill and her mother knew she was and was expecting her daughter to die imminently. Which I doubt.

You're right on the ball there. Can't be anyone else as Mon who posted that on her FB page under the disguise of her mother.

Or would you think the mother is in on the conspiracy?

Correct. And so can murder.

I also heard the same as Pink Panther in that local journalists reported that the lady was discovered dead in none other than In touch resort, owned by the infamous Mon.. Obviously some sources TV forum approve of to confirm are thin on the ground. In time I think, although incredibly odd with the delay in the reporting considering the ongoing KT case with the Burmese lads

Yes CSI were first with the news through their contacts on KT, 9 hours ago, and sure its them that have said she was found naked in the resort owned by Mon, "In Touch" Local officials are saying its a drug overdose according to them. Yea of course what else............

What else.......may be

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

'Died of natural causes'

The 23-year-old, who was well known in political circles, was on a four month trip around South East Asia when she passed away.

The Foreign Office has confirmed the death of a British National in Thailand and is providing support to the family.

RIP Christina, far too young to die.

Natural Causes at 23?

What is the list of Natural Causes for a young person...

I have searched and searched on the web, but I can't find any evidence of a 23 year old ever died of natural causes anywhere in the world.

The Daily Mail reports:

You have hit the nail on the head. I know if my daughter was on deaths door i would be more than happy for her to travel 60000 miles for a last holiday.

looks like there might be a serial killer on the island, and this killer seems quiet busy.

Maybe it's just for fun at this point, who knows?

Anything is possible. But I can think of only one or two serials who liked to murder both men and women. I'm thinking of Son of Sam and the Zodiac nut. But neither of them used such a wide variety of MO's. As for signature--I haven't read anything about signatures, have you? That doesn't mean there weren't any signatures--but the Thai authorities or Thai media haven't mentioned any that I've seen. (M.O. is of course the modus operandi; ALL criminals have an MO--techniques and habits they use to complete the crime, escape, and avoid capture. Signature on the other hand is committed to satisfy the emotional and psychological needs of the offender and usually define the theme of a crime. It often takes the form of some type of left-behind or staged ritual like you see in the movies.

Please stop all the conspiracy theories now , and let the facts speak for it self his time.

Koh Tao is still an island that attracts backpackers that want to party and use drugs . Unfortunately the murders in September were not enough to keep young vulnerable people away from Koh Tao .

Edited by balo

Those twuntards in the AC bar must really hate Europeans, Brits in particular it seems. RIP young lady, my heart goes out to your family. It's about time the UK put a campaign together warning people of the risks involved if they decide to visit this island.

"Those twuntards in the AC bar must really hate Europeans, Brits in particular..."

What do they have to do with this girl's death? You know something nobody else does? No, of course you don't.

When they post sick pictures of themselves mocking the deaths of Hannah and David they deserve to be called far worse than twuntards!! AC bar lowlife scum I call them

My point was what do they have to do with this girl's death, what's your point?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So convenient that the pathologist found all this drugs in her stomach during the autopsy, now the RTP can exclude murder and Mon can keep on with his tourist business as usual.

How the hell can they say natural causes at 23 years old, thee is nothing natural about dying at that age...... Same as the guy who allegedly committed suicide after stabbing himself 47 times and slitting his throat... RTP.... what a bunch of clowns.

Please stop all the conspiracy theories now , and let the facts speak for it self his time.

Koh Tao is still an island that attracts backpackers that want to party and use drugs . Unfortunately the murders in September were not enough to keep young vulnerable people away from Koh Tao .

Drugs are illegal in Thailand. And its thanks to people like you who defend murderous bastards that people still go to that island.

One day you might understand,, but I very much doubt it.

Another day, another death in Koh Tao, so that is 4 deaths of tourists in less than a 6 month period...

And many more to follow if they dont STOP going there.

Obviously the murderer of Hannah and david is still at large but nobody seem to give a damn.

RIP to the young lady and condolences to her family and friends.

Be interesting to see how this one progresses after the previous fiasco

Well they could send out some British police to work their superior policing magic as before.

Sorry for the young lady & her family and also sorry that everyone, including quite possibly her family, will be forced to endure all the speculative nonsense on TV. It seems these days the threads that result in the most activity tend to be those that inspire a ghoulish fascination with the misfortune of others.

What else.......may be

'Died of natural causes'

Foreign office as useless as a wet fart". So someone reported she is thought to have died from natural causes and so that's it is it! If is the police who 'thought' that then there is surely grounds for a proper investigation. Strange it has been kept very quiet over here so far.

They can only 'quote' what they are told, by the local Thai authorities. The same dishonest authorities that will cover up any foul play as best they can. Unfortunately, as has been seen numerous times previously, the Thai authorities cannot be trusted at all to tell the truth. Until some of these deaths are investigated independently (never) doubts and suspicions will always be there.

RIP young lady.

And off topic a bit, but the french guys hands were bound too tight to have been done by self, and has it all gone quiet on the fact that there were 3 lots of dna on Hannah? They have successfully put the focus on the Burmese two but even if they have the right guys (v. doubtful imo) what about the third. Total BS.

I do hope that anyone still going to KT now is aware of the possible outcome and therefore have decided to accept the risks. The lack of progress / change on KT over the last few months I think signifies how much change is actually going to take place in the country as a whole under Prayut, which is not bloody much at the end of the day. Such a shame. He had a great opportunity but bottled it it seems (that's if he ever intended to try and clean up - maybe he is like the others, or maybe the job is just too big - but corruption and dishonesty is rife, and if you're not Thai you're particularly likely to be on the wrong end of it)

and JTJ - Such blatant agendas, often I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read some of that guff! Some of it could come straight out of the RTP handbook

"Thai authorities cannot be trusted at all to tell the truth. Until some of these deaths are investigated independently (never) doubts and suspicions will always be there."

If the Thai authorities don't investigate who do you think will, another country's investigators? What kind of make believe world do you live in, can you name just one country, anywhere, that allows such things to happen?

A post containing content from CSILA has been removed as CSILA is not a credible source for news. Other insensitive trolling posts have been removed as well.

Yes, Yes, Yes,,, by all means,,,, Only posts from, "Stickman" should be allowed,, as they have been, "confirmed" as credible "news" sources,,,,,,

They can only 'quote' what they are told, by the local Thai authorities. The same dishonest authorities that will cover up any foul play as best they can. Unfortunately, as has been seen numerous times previously, the Thai authorities cannot be trusted at all to tell the truth. Until some of these deaths are investigated independently (never) doubts and suspicions will always be there.

RIP young lady.

And off topic a bit, but the french guys hands were bound too tight to have been done by self, and has it all gone quiet on the fact that there were 3 lots of dna on Hannah? They have successfully put the focus on the Burmese two but even if they have the right guys (v. doubtful imo) what about the third. Total BS.

I do hope that anyone still going to KT now is aware of the possible outcome and therefore have decided to accept the risks. The lack of progress / change on KT over the last few months I think signifies how much change is actually going to take place in the country as a whole under Prayut, which is not bloody much at the end of the day. Such a shame. He had a great opportunity but bottled it it seems (that's if he ever intended to try and clean up - maybe he is like the others, or maybe the job is just too big - but corruption and dishonesty is rife, and if you're not Thai you're particularly likely to be on the wrong end of it)

and JTJ - Such blatant agendas, often I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read some of that guff! Some of it could come straight out of the RTP handbook

"Thai authorities cannot be trusted at all to tell the truth. Until some of these deaths are investigated independently (never) doubts and suspicions will always be there."

If the Thai authorities don't investigate who do you think will, another country's investigators? What kind of make believe world do you live in, can you name just one country, anywhere, that allows such things to happen?

No. But we do know that in another other "normal' country there would be a proper investigation.

Do you see any problems with that ?