Tottenham Thread

chonabot

OK we will see wai.gif

Bale for £40m? Ya better get a bigger bank loan mate. wink.png

Every player has his price is true but Bale is not for sale. As said above the right offer for Modric i think may be accepted.

Mind you with CL returning to the Lane next season why would he leave?

If we buy Modric i will show my arse on Thai Visa w00t.gif

So is Ferguson perpetually tapping him up just for fun? If you finish runners up in the league which is most likely then this will signal a mini spending spree.

If you don't qualify for the Champions League he is off,said so himself.

You got something wrong with your earoles Red, listen to the video again 30.gif

Well Alfie he said he has to do what is best for himself,from that i think you can see that he is thinking along the lines of above.He is a gimp though so it is easy to confuse his ramblings.

A gimp or a chimp?

He ain't going nowhere pal, end of!

Modric on the other hand will start to alert all his suitors anytime now and i hope Levy gets rid of him. Afterall we've knownof his intentions for a while now and should have lined up a replacement. Well, lets hope we have anyway. Huddlestone back next season is a major boost mind.

To be fair Carms i dont think we need to buy someone to replace him especially if Hudd is back, we will have him, Parker, Sandro and Livermore for the defensive midfield role, might as well use the 40m for other areas 4.gif.

Well i hope we do spend some money this close season,and i am sure we will! wink.png

Harry looked a bit pissed off yesterday in his interview didn't he....."why do people think we are a selling club"

Well i hope we do spend some money this close season,and i am sure we will! wink.png

Harry looked a bit pissed off yesterday in his interview didn't he....."why do people think we are a selling club"

I don't bother listening to old saggy chops any more. Listen to what Levy has to say.

Chelsea know were not! Mindyou, we will be happy to sell you Modders for the usual silly money.

Chelsea know were not! Mindyou, we will be happy to sell you Modders for the usual silly money.

We stand half a chance of keeping him if we qualify for the champs lge, i presume the c/l bonus's we will pay him if we progress,, will go some way to balancing the HUGE difference in wages that chesea and one presumes others were going to pay him. If we go out early well jan could be an option for him to be sold.and 50 mil sounds good enuf money. let's be rational about it, is there anyone on here that works and would turn down a doubling or even a trebling of wages? once you could probably say no but second time round, third time round? difficult.

Edited by rijit

I dunno if I can take much more...

tell me about it crying.gif

I hear you but it could be CL...Europa League or fark all for us. I hope its us then the Geordies then Arsenal with Chelski losing the cup final and out of Europe.

Now I'm going to wipe my chin....biggrin.png

Can someone please tell me why a manager would put on def. midfielder instead of Defoe when we need a goal? Was it that AV was completely over us, and we needed to strenghten the midfield? Or was just because Harry is useless when it comes to making changes?

PS! You all read the rumors saying several players were complaining to Levy about Harrys and the other coaches training methods. Especially no focus on tactics and set pieces. Well heres a "fun" fact. Tottenham have created 274 corners so far this season, scoring 7....that makes about 40 corners per goal!!!

• Like 1

Can someone please tell me why a manager would put on def. midfielder instead of Defoe when we need a goal? Was it that AV was completely over us, and we needed to strenghten the midfield? Or was just because Harry is useless when it comes to making changes?

PS! You all read the rumors saying several players were complaining to Levy about Harrys and the other coaches training methods. Especially no focus on tactics and set pieces. Well heres a "fun" fact. Tottenham have created 274 corners so far this season, scoring 7....that makes about 40 corners per goal!!!

18?corners 2 day, dont think we threatened/ pressured the keeper from one.

19 actually!! The closest was a shot one which ended with Walker blasting it over... Useless on set pieces. We have a player like Gallas, who has scored 5-8 goals every season for other teams, and mostly on corners, he has scored one at Tottenham!!! Stoke away in his first season. We also have players like Kaboul, Sandro, Bale, King and Dawson. So the hight and good headers are there...

19 actually!! The closest was a shot one which ended with Walker blasting it over... Useless on set pieces. We have a player like Gallas, who has scored 5-8 goals every season for other teams, and mostly on corners, he has scored one at Tottenham!!! Stoke away in his first season. We also have players like Kaboul, Sandro, Bale, King and Dawson. So the hight and good headers are there...

A very good point you are making there. Mostly we just can't score goals at all. Hope is all I have left.

Yep , for sure it's a weakness, one i've been on about for a while. How is it rectified? Giving them to modric?, looks an easy option, Will it make any difference? who knows. But for sure they cant be any worse.

Our problem is that we have too many players, who get into an attacking position, and then try multiple step overs and kick the ball at the on-rushing pair of opposite teams feet, both from their defence and midfield! Learn to shoot, on target and from 18 yards, no more, no less!

i just love this thread, it puts a smile on my face everyday !biggrin.png

Not yesterday it didn't ya vanishin leprechaun....now piss off! biggrin.png

care to up the stakes then ? post-4641-1156694005.gifdrunk.gif

Don't be silly. You have a tricky away game against a relegation threatened side. And an inferiority complex. Oh and you are a bunch of bottlers.

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

To get the players to do what we want, and then I mean getting Bale to stay on the left. Ensuring Kaboul does not go on runs with the ball etc, they should do something like this:

Good stuff. Does any of you guys recognize any of the players?

i just love this thread, it puts a smile on my face everyday !biggrin.png

Not yesterday it didn't ya vanishin leprechaun....now piss off! biggrin.png

care to up the stakes then ? post-4641-1156694005.gifdrunk.gif

Don't be silly. You have a tricky away game against a relegation threatened side. And an inferiority complex. Oh and you are a bunch of bottlers.

hang on a minute, we have got WBA away. hardly a side with the threat of relegation hanging over their head, but admittedly a tricky fixture. where as you have Fulham at home and up against one of your former managers. who if i remember rightly you sent packing in rather an unpleasant manner. he may have a point to prove, wouldn't you say ? or are you just trying to wriggle out of what i would say is a generous looking bet. whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Edited by tigerfish

hang on a minute, we have got WBA away. hardly a side with the threat of relegation hanging over their head, but admittedly a tricky fixture. where as you have Fulham at home and up against one of your former managers. who if i remember rightly you sent packing in rather an unpleasant manner. he may have a point to prove, wouldn't you say ? or are you just trying to wriggle out of what i would say is a generous looking bet. whistling.gifbiggrin.png

I'm just hoping you have a bottle of Sangsom left tigerflish....! rolleyes.gif

how does it go ?

somewhere along the lines of........ you can take the Scotsman out of Scotland, but he will always be a tight fisted so and so !

name your tipple of desire and i will honour the bet. i am not just talking about something you can pick up from the local 7/11. laugh.png

Edited by tigerfish

how does it go ?

somewhere along the lines of........ you can take the Scotsman out of Scotland, but he will always be a tight fisted so and so !

name your tipple of desire and i will honour the bet. i am not just talking about something you can pick up from the local 7/11. laugh.png

bunnahabhain_25yo_2.jpg

And your choice? biggrin.png