Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Its nearly all good news as it stands. We have Dawson alongside Gallas with an option of Woodgate if Billy's hip injury gets worse. Corluka on the right.

I'm not for one moment saying we will beat them but with our pace down both flanks we are going to cause them big problems on the break and they are a relatively old team.

Lets hope our manager gets his tactics right, unlike at the San Siro last time.

Is that particular bit the " nearly " ??

Or are you excelling even Liverpool Supporters on your one eyedness, as usual ??

Dawson is an excellent player in my book.

The bit that isn't good news is the fact that we have three forwards, one that the manager won't play, even though he's probably the best, one that could'nt buy a goal, and one that is a genetic throw back that still can't kick a ball and astonishingly reckons he's having an ok season.

Incidentally singher, i hear West Ham are back to their hilarious best. I really think they will struggle in the championship next season.

Read somewhere about giving Monkey boy a go up front, can't see that we would have a lot to lose, he's got all the attributes, what ya think chaps ? or better still we clone him and he can cross the ball to himself :D

Edited by alfieconn

Its nearly all good news as it stands. We have Dawson alongside Gallas with an option of Woodgate if Billy's hip injury gets worse. Corluka on the right.

I'm not for one moment saying we will beat them but with our pace down both flanks we are going to cause them big problems on the break and they are a relatively old team.

Or are you excelling even Liverpool Supporters on your one eyedness, as usual ??

If it worked, think how much it would increase his value, being valued as a striker that is.

The bit that isn't good news is the fact that we have three forwards, one that the manager won't play, even though he's probably the best, one that could'nt buy a goal, and one that is a genetic throw back that still can't kick a ball and astonishingly reckons he's having an ok season.

Incidentally singher, i hear West Ham are back to their hilarious best. I really think they will struggle in the championship next season.

Read somewhere about giving Monkey boy a go up front, can't see that we would have a lot to lose, he's got all the attributes, what ya think chaps ? or better still we clone him and he can cross the ball to himself :D

Interesting point that. its been banded around before that gareth could play a strikers role and i for one see no reason why not. All i know is, i can't take much more of watching Croutch and Defoe. (i also found Croutch's justification of his season thus far to be borderline offensive.) I'd have to have a much longer mull over the formation we'd play, but yes, on the face of it, why not. I suppose theres an outside chance it could save our season.

Edited by carmine

Same formation...Pienaar on the left......no need for a new striker....hmmmm worth a punt nothing to lose....

I would'nt think Pienaar would work on the left in this scenario. This is why i think it needs to be well thought over.

Modders plays on the left side as does Kranjcar and then ofcourse you have to accodate van Der Vaart. its not easy.

Here's a weird one in that we do accodate for VDV and he has been a talisman and yet, when we replce him and switch to a 4-4-2 we seem to play better and are much more comfortable.

On a completely separate note, unfortunately i must move back to the dibarcle that was our performance in the transfer window. A little for you...."Baring in mind his form of recent months, <deleted> is Walker doing out at Villa, especially as we are left with Alan Hutton's fragile defensive abilities?"

Edited by carmine

I thought he was summed up for what he is completely at Fulham, a Donkey/Carthorse.

Bring the Hammers into it though if it makes you feel better too, you would find any ducking or hiding from me when things go wrong for us..:)

I thought he was summed up for what he is completely at Fulham, a Donkey/Carthorse.

Bring the Hammers into it though if it makes you feel better too, you would find any ducking or hiding from me when things go wrong for us..:)

He's none too quick on the turn i'll admit but theres very little else wrong. He was also immense for us last season and Capello choosing Upson over him in South Africa just summed up what a dreadful world cup the manager had. Theres also little wrong, even at CL level, with three fit center backs in Dawson, Gallas and Woodgate.

[

i don't expect for one minute that Droopy face will give it a go by the way.

Your right Carms, when we play VDV and 2 up front it just doesn't seem to work :o.

Regarding Dawson looking like a donkey, it seems to go with the territory that every now and then a top centre half will look slow and cumberson even the likes of Ferdinand and Terry :o:D and usually when they have just come back from injury.

Edited by alfieconn

Same formation...Pienaar on the left......no need for a new striker....hmmmm worth a punt nothing to lose....

I would'nt think Pienaar would work on the left in this scenario. This is why i think it needs to be well thought over.

Modders plays on the left side as does Kranjcar and then ofcourse you have to accodate van Der Vaart. its not easy.

Here's a weird one in that we do accodate for VDV and he has been a talisman and yet, when we replce him and switch to a 4-4-2 we seem to play better and are much more comfortable.

On a completely separate note, unfortunately i must move back to the dibarcle that was our performance in the transfer window. A little for you...."Baring in mind his form of recent months, <deleted> is Walker doing out at Villa, especially as we are left with Alan Hutton's fragile defensive abilities?"

I'd like to see this...it would wipe that perpetual grin from Crutchie's ugly mug and <deleted> he might even take a look at his miserable contribution and learn to head the big round thing.

But that's a pipe dream no more .

Best of luck to Kyle Walker on Wednesday although he might have picked a better place to be born....silly laddie. ;)

massive game for us at Sunderland. Injury list looks bad. No Modric, Bale or van Der Vaart for this one. If we could get three points, what with City at OT and Chelski at Fulham it could be a very good weekend for us.

That is ofcourse unless he picks the say two upfront. I'll have to have a bottle of whiskey at the ready to get through the game if we are to be subjected to another 90 minutes of 2MP.

"Pav must play!"

Its all about squad strenght this one and players stepping up and taking heir chance. Hopefully Jenas will continue his fine recent form.....Palacios and Crutchie on the bench theres a good chap 'Arry.

I'd be delighted with a draw tbh.

Agree with you about Palacios and Crouth not playing but i'm afraid a draw is no good to us. This is a must win. The only away draws we can acept would be the City, Chelsea and Liverpool fixtures.

Its all about squad strenght this one and players stepping up and taking heir chance. Hopefully Jenas will continue his fine recent form.....Palacios and Crutchie on the bench theres a good chap 'Arry.

Agree with you about Palacios and Crouth not playing but i'm afraid a draw is no good to us. This is a must win. The only away draws we can acept would be the City, Chelsea and Liverpool fixtures.

With our injury list and lack of goals from the strikers I've given up any hope of finishing top four carmine.....we've been lucky so far that's all.

I'd be very surprised.....Sunderland are a good team and we could get a pasting up there today.

With our injury list and lack of goals from the strikers I've given up any hope of finishing top four carmine.....we've been lucky so far that's all.

I'd be very surprised.....Sunderland are a good team and we could get a pasting up there today.

They are in very poor form right now and thats obviously lucky for us. This is the month that will make or break our season. Lucky so far but to a high degree you make your luck and we are still for the most part having to score from the midfield. Imagine how good we would have been if those over paid strikers of ours knew how to score. I don't include Pav so much because scrotum face won't play him.

If you look at the team/options he has at his disposal tonight you'll see we are easily good enough for the win if our strkers might just care to score once, that could be enough. :rolleyes:

Gomes

Corluka Dawson Woodgate/Gallas BAE

Lennon Jenas Palacios Pienaar/Kranjcar

(Fairly irrelevent to us really arn't they! :D !)

Hopefully not if Pav and Defoe play. We could really use a purple patch for Pav right about now...similar to last season really.

Pienaar gives us a good option but I'd start with Krancjar as surely he deserves it....been very patient this season.

Woodgate at the heart of the defence and at his best well you're right a goal might be enough.....I hope so.

They are in very poor form right now and thats obviously lucky for us. This is the month that will make or break our season. Lucky so far but to a high degree you make your luck and we are still for the most part having to score from the midfield. Imagine how good we would have been if those over paid strikers of ours knew how to score. I don't include Pav so much because scrotum face won't play him.

If you look at the team/options he has at his disposal tonight you'll see we are easily good enough for the win if our strkers might just care to score once, that could be enough. :rolleyes:

Gomes

Corluka Dawson Woodgate/Gallas BAE

Lennon Jenas Palacios Pienaar/Kranjcar

(Fairly irrelevent to us really arn't they! :D !)

Wouldn't mind seeing Kranjar play behind one of the forwards but i doubt very much that will happen though :(

Very good win last night. This puts extra pressure on Chelski and takes away Citys advantage (shame they are guarranteed to beat us :rolleyes: ) More than anything i thought the resiliance that we showed will take us a long way.

Standouts for me Kranjcar and Sandro, who might be starting more often from now on. It just seems crazy to have a player as talented as the croat who spends 90% of the season on the bench. Gallas and Dawson very solid at the back as usual but did'nt Gomes make a tit of himself. :whistling:

COYS

Very good win last night. This puts extra pressure on Chelski and takes away Citys advantage (shame they are guarranteed to beat us :rolleyes: ) More than anything i thought the resiliance that we showed will take us a long way.

Standouts for me Kranjcar and Sandro, who might be starting more often from now on. It just seems crazy to have a player as talented as the croat who spends 90% of the season on the bench. Gallas and Dawson very solid at the back as usual but did'nt Gomes make a tit of himself. :whistling:

COYS

Great result, taking into consideration we had our best midfield 4 all out ( how many other teams could cope with that ;) ) and that we didn't have any forwards playing :o:D .

I was a bit angry that he rested Lennon as the Premier league is an easier way of getting into the champs league than winning the thing but i suppose it paid off in the end. :o

Agree with you about the resting of Lennon. Strange one that.

I forgot to add that the performance was extra impressive because we did it again without any strikers! How bad is Defoe, totally useless, Croutch laughable and now Pav has gone all sunday league. Even Wilson and JJ looked more like scoring...:whistling:

What has Les Ferdinand done to them? :blink: 7 goals from 26 games.

Scary to think where we might be now if those tossers had done even half the job they were supposed to.

Spoke to a Liverpuddle supporter the other day :unsure: and he said we should blame it on the owners and Roy Hodgson. :o

This is the new 4-6 formation football. ;)

Agree with you about the resting of Lennon. Strange one that.

I forgot to add that the performance was extra impressive because we did it again without any strikers! How bad is Defoe, totally useless, Croutch laughable and now Pav has gone all sunday league. Even Wilson and JJ looked more like scoring...:whistling:

What has Les Ferdinand done to them? :blink: 7 goals from 26 games.

Scary to think where we might be now if those tossers had done even half the job they were supposed to.

Spoke to a Liverpuddle supporter the other day :unsure: and he said we should blame it on the owners and Roy Hodgson. :o

This is the new 4-6 formation football. ;)

4-6? Not a bad idea for the San Siro....better than a 4-4-0 anyway. :o

In case you missed it Milan are top of the league and won 4-0 yesterday.....:ermm::unsure:

COYS

can't wait for the game to get underway. This will be a massive test for us. Modders and Gareth both out. VDV will play but is not 100%. Does anyone have any ideas how we will be set up? I reckon he might play Palacios and Sandro to bolster the midfield but upfront very dificult to say. Croutch is not 100% so unsure if H will go with the usual option.

Whoever he plays upfront will they please shock us all and atleast take one of their chances!!!!! We will be a different proposition in the second leg with a full side so the away goal is going to be crucial. I think Redknapp is right to go for all out attack. Nothing to lose.

COYS

can't wait for the game to get underway. This will be a massive test for us. Modders and Gareth both out. VDV will play but is not 100%. Does anyone have any ideas how we will be set up? I reckon he might play Palacios and Sandro to bolster the midfield but upfront very dificult to say. Croutch is not 100% so unsure if H will go with the usual option.

Whoever he plays upfront will they please shock us all and atleast take one of their chances!!!!! We will be a different proposition in the second leg with a full side so the away goal is going to be crucial. I think Redknapp is right to go for all out attack. Nothing to lose.

COYS

i think I'm right in saying Jenas is out as well so.....Pienaar on the left Lennon Sandro as he seems to have at las found his boots Palacios and VDV supporting Pav up front.....Krancjar as impact player second half probably for one of the defensive midfielders.

Well that's how I'd play it. :D

COYS!!!!

COYS

i think I'm right in saying Jenas is out as well so.....Pienaar on the left Lennon Sandro as he seems to have at las found his boots Palacios and VDV supporting Pav up front.....Krancjar as impact player second half probably for one of the defensive midfielders.

COYS!!!!

JJ is out through suspension. I'm pretty sure he'll start with Kranjcar and probably Sandro in a defensive midfield role breaking up their attacks. If so, lets hope he plays like he did in the second half last sunday. We need to give Dawson and Gallas as much protection as poosible. Just got to hope that Palacios stops giving the ball away so much. Can't afford to do that at this level.

If he is fit he'll probably go with Croutch upfront.

Edited by carmine

COYS

COYS!!!!

JJ is out through suspension. I'm pretty sure he'll start with Kranjcar and probably Sandro in a defensive midfield role breaking up their attacks. If so, lets hope he plays like he did in the second half last sunday. We need to give Dawson and Gallas as much protection as poosible. Just got to hope that Palacios stops giving the ball away so much. Can't afford to do that at this level.

If he is fit he'll probably go with Croutch upfront.

Looking at it I'd be delighted with a draw of any sort....even a one goal defeat would leave me satisfied.....I believe we can beat 'em at the Lane especially as the team will be much different by then.

COYS

So the flip flop king is back again.

First of all you laugh off my suggestion that City would finish in front of you... then when challenged you comment that you thought City would finish in front of you, and that your comment was made to wind me up :blink::rolleyes:

Now you have had a couple of decent results (even though you have consistently slagged off your manager :lol: ) so you really think you have a chance of finishing above City? Tell us what you really think!!

I will stick to what I said.... Guaranteed to finish top 4..... Guaranteed to finish above Spurs ;)

COYS

I will stick to what I said.... Guaranteed to finish top 4..... Guaranteed to finish above Spurs ;)

Seems you came out with the same this time last season

Posted 2010-03-26 08:05:51

Let me start by saying I honestly believe that we will get 4th.

Still i suppose if you keep saying the same every year then your bound to be right some time :o:D

COYS

Seems you came out with the same this time last season

Posted 2010-03-26 08:05:51

Let me start by saying I honestly believe that we will get 4th.

Still i suppose if you keep saying the same every year then your bound to be right some time :o:D

No, no, no Alfie. The two are not the same. Last years he said he "believed" we would finish top 4. This year we are "Guaranteed". It's not the same thing. :D