Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I think city will pinch a draw,Spurs will dominate jap.gif

We'll have plenty of possession and try to stretch them.....hopefully VDV will play far enough forward to grab a goal or two.....whichever generic and useless striker we play seems irrelevant anyway.

I just wish King or Sandro were fit for this one as we are a bit vulnerable at the back with Kaboul.

I'll compare the benches at the start and just shake my head most likely.....

We'll have plenty of possession and try to stretch them.....hopefully VDV will play far enough forward to grab a goal or two.....whichever generic and useless striker we play seems irrelevant anyway.

I just wish King or Sandro were fit for this one as we are a bit vulnerable at the back with Kaboul.

I hope Kaboul stays at center back actually. He was comfortably our best player in the OT shambles. I reckon he's our most improved player over the last couple of seasons. Why does Redknapp keep naming Ledley anyway if he just cant play? Why hang on to a player who's 32 next birthday if he just can't play?

Kaboul is quicker than Dawson. If he matched Dawsons heart and effort then we'd have a verydecent player. He's also quick enough to stand as a very useful right back

Edited by carmine

I hope Kaboul stays at center back actually. He was comfortably our best player in the OT shambles. I reckon he's our most improved player over the last couple of seasons. Why does Redknapp keep naming Ledley anyway if he just cant play?

Kaboul is quicker than Dawson. If he matched Dawsons effort then we'd have a very promising player. He's also quick enough to stand as a very useful right back

Yeah.... Kaboul is a strong and quick defender impressed with him,lets hope City play the Bell end or book end whatever you want to call him,he is <deleted>.

I hope Kaboul stays at center back actually. He was comfortably our best player in the OT shambles. I reckon he's our most improved player over the last couple of seasons. Why does Redknapp keep naming Ledley anyway if he just cant play? Why hang on to a player who's 32 next birthday if he just can't play?

Kaboul is quicker than Dawson. If he matched Dawsons heart and effort then we'd have a verydecent player. He's also quick enough to stand as a very useful right back

We hang on to King for the half a dozen games he plays each season as you well know when he does play he is usually outstanding.

I hear what you are saying regarding Kaboul I just hope he finds more consistency this year or we could be in trouble defensively.

Cahill would be a better option but we'll all have to wait a few more days to see where he is heading....and he must be leaving Bolton with only a year left on his deal.

Cahill would be a better option but we'll all have to wait a few more days to see where he is heading....and he must be leaving Bolton with only a year left on his deal.

Yes Cahill would be a better option, but if Harry waits a few more days to see where he's heading, it'll be too late for WHL.......It'll be another Charlie Adam scenario (who I think is playing very well at Liverpool).

Yes Cahill would be a better option, but if Harry waits a few more days to see where he's heading, it'll be too late for WHL.......It'll be another Charlie Adam scenario (who I think is playing very well at Liverpool).

ups , are you Charle Adam's dad cos you keep talking about him like you are :o:D

Cahill would be a better option for you Spuds. I can't see the attraction of moving from one non-CL side (that happens to have a decent striker and a sound manager) to another non-CL side that has neither. Maybe he can't either??:lol:

Sorry Smokes 'win at all costs' has been taken. It's a new sign in the home dressing room at Merc City United Stadium of Manchester.

Are you sure jimbob.

Here is the top 10 highest transfers, and we are nowhere to be seen in there. Real Madrid are constant in the list but they don't seem to get any stick from anyone. Never mind, I can feel your nervousness at us becoming a real threat to you, so you just keep on harping on about the injustice of us having some money at last.

1. Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United to Real Madrid – £80m (2009)

2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Inter Milan to Barcelona – £60.7m (2009)

3. Kaka: AC Milan to Real Madrid – £56m (2009)

4. Fernando Torres: Liverpool to Chelsea – £50m (2011) NEW!

5. Zinedine Zidane: Juventus to Real Madrid – £45.62m (2001)

6. Luis Figo: Barcelona to Real Madrid – £37m (2000)

7. Hernan Crespo: Parma to Lazio – £35.5m (2000)

8. Andy Carroll: Newcastle United to Liverpool – £35m (2011) NEW!

9. David Villa: Valencia to Barcelona – £34.2m (2010)

10. Gianluigi Buffon: Parma to Juventus – £32.6m (2001)

Interesting table.

What stands out is that it seems like the Spanish are more resposnsible for the plague of mega transfers than the likes of Chelski and ManC. 4 out of the top 6 prices paid by RM and still they can't win anything big with their signings of recent years.

Torres/Carroll still showing us 7 months later that mega money deals are not the answer.

dzeko is a good player - was just a matter of time and bedding in before he delivered.

redknapp - you're playing a team which employs 5 in midfield including buzzing flies silva, aguero and nasri plus the mobile as hell yaya toure. so how do you set up? a flat 4 with modric and krancjar as your centre mids. clown.

spurs's biggest problem is harry redknapp. utter gobshite of a man and the way he set spurs up tactically yesterday was a disgrace.

Exactly. And he's a crook! i keep saying he has no idea tactically and yet some, , accuse me of always having a go at him! Surely that match was there for everyone tro see. We had to put up with his crap throughout last season, as in game after game, we were clueless against the bottom teams.

Wobbly chops reckons that Modric did'nt want to play again this weekend!!! Somes up the modern day "professional." Where do you go from here? Get all vindictive and stick him perminently on the bench or get rid of the little shit? I'd sell him and try and get Sturridge thrown in. The extra cash won't help us in this window. Mindyou, considering Modric's behaviour, with the verbal signals the manager has been giving out all week that are contrary to Levy's at times i'm not surprised his heads not right. He does though seem to have forgotten that he is a very highly paid sportsmen that is on a longterm contract that he chose to sign without having a gun put to his head.

Levy should have exercised greater control over Redknapps gob. Our manager comments would have unsettled Modric more and certainly given Chelsea all the encouragement they needed.

redknapp - you're playing a team which employs 5 in midfield including buzzing flies silva, aguero and nasri plus the mobile as hell yaya toure. so how do you set up? a flat 4 with modric and krancjar as your centre mids. clown.

That's what I thought. Amazing, it's as if he'd not done his homework and bothered to even watch them :blink:

Morning boys :D

The rot set in last January and it really has been there ever since.

It will be interesting to see what Levy does about it. If I was Levy I would sell Modric and keep the money for when he has a new manager who he can properly finance to rejuvenate the squad.

i know a team thats bottom of the league and a healthy goal difference to boot rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif and you think we have problems, muppets ! laugh.gif

Sorry, whats that about goal difference tiges :o and we why would think you've got problems :D

er, are you or are you not bottom of the league at the moment and looking at relegation ? where as we are one spot off the drop zone ! laugh.gif

come on alfie crack a smile once in a while. we are both <deleted> at the moment, fact. just got to have a bit of a laugh about it, that's all.

i mean it could be worse, you could have been born in Manchester and have an accent like Jack Duckworth out of Coronation street. ph34r.gif

Edited by tigerfish