Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Spudz wanted this, we didn't, simple as.

Although I think the ref has been extra harsh on us today and a lot of that can be attributed to Kenny's pop at the refs after last weeks game against Stoke.

I doubt they're really that vindictive or stupid. I think the fact that the team have not yet bedded down, and went to pieces with a bit of pressure exerted on them, and that Prince Kenny is still unproven at this level, might have more to do with it.

Spudz wanted this, we didn't, simple as.

Although I think the ref has been extra harsh on us today and a lot of that can be attributed to Kenny's pop at the refs after last weeks game against Stoke.

Dont think it's got much to do with desire, more to do with, the maybe exception of reinna, man 4 man, our team is better than youre's and that includes the bench,

and as for the ref he's been spot on 4 yellow card offences and 2 reds. And I actually thought that K D's comments earlier in the week weren't so much as a 'pop' but thoughful and well considered.

4 -0 just about reflected our superiority, although a couple more wouldn't have been un reflective. 4th spot? far from out of reach.

As you said above....if Adebayor can't score we'll be looking at 8th most likely.

He'll score alright. What does annoy me about him though, is his lack of effort in going in for headers. Willie Carson would beat him to an header every time.

I just pray he stays fit because with the amount of chances our midfield will create for him i'm hoping he'll score rather a lot.

Told you he would score :D

Told you he'd score. Now get your wallets out and buy him off us. :D

Why would we want to do that and would he want out of from that stupidly stupidly huge contract your lot have got him on!!! Best we wait until either it runs out or you pay him off either will do, then we/who ever can negotiate a decent deal, But gut reaction, he 'll probably end up in Russia!! LOL

Why would we want to do that and would he want out of from that stupidly stupidly huge contract your lot have got him on!!! Best we wait until either it runs out or you pay him off either will do, then we/who ever can negotiate a decent deal, But gut reaction, he 'll probably end up in Russia!! LOL

To be honest I have been struggling with the equation....

Trade in Crouch for Adebayor and end up with an extra 12m quid in the bank...

That isnt Moneyball, its Magic.....

To be honest I have been struggling with the equation....

Trade in Crouch for Adebayor and end up with an extra 12m quid in the bank...

That isnt Moneyball, its Magic.....

I'd be surprised too if Levy did'nt get an agreement fixed to buy Adebayor at the end of the season. if he did then its looks like it could be a spectacular piece of business. Thing is with this striker is how his attitude we be if he goes through a lean patch? He's very moody. That said, with the amount of oppotunities he'll get from our midfield its highly likely a player of his calibre will just keep on scoring.

Its very healthy to have a bench that could consist of the likes of Huddlestone, Sandro, VDV, Gallas and possibly Lennon. All we need to do is keep our fingers crossed that Ledley stays fit. For King to be fit simply wasn't a scenario that i would have anticipated and its a massive bonus. The difference he makes to the whole team is unbelievable. Kaboul is a different player partnering him and Dawson might find it a struggle to get back in what with Gallas fit again aswell.

As a footnote, i just love the way that commentators never mention us in their "top four scenarios", only Liverpool and Arsenal. Heard it again during the Blackburn/Arse game i think. They also seem locked in this delusion that Chelsea are that much better.

Edited by carmine

I remember you or smokes mentioning after 6 games(i said 7 because it is the Arse)you will see how your season is starting.....missed a game and a couple of defeats against the best teams in the league and a good win against Liverpool maybe you beat the Arse and you could be talking CL qualification!

Or am i the one dreaming? biggrin.gif what i want to know is Arry going to manage his country??? laugh.gif

I remember you or smokes mentioning after 6 games(i said 7 because it is the Arse)you will see how your season is starting.....missed a game and a couple of defeats against the best teams in the league and a good win against Liverpool maybe you beat the Arse and you could be talking CL qualification!

Or am i the one dreaming? biggrin.gif what i want to know is Arry going to manage his country??? laugh.gif

Apart from these supposed ex pro's that are paid to comentate on true sports and instead do a very good jod impersonating an imbecile, (Efan Ekoku immediately springs to mind), i think it is obvious that fouth spot at the very least is going to be fought for right down to the last few games. Will it effect us if Redknapp goes? That question is best answered when we know his replacement is. There is no doubt he has great ability in his management but he has'nt got the football brain of some notable others that would/are under consideration and there is, by all accounts a short list. Levy knows that scrotum face will go whenever it pleases him and desperately wants te England job. I don't think his departure will hinder us too much providing an experienced coach was brought in. And Ancelotti for example.

As a footnote, i just love the way that commentators never mention us in their "top four scenarios", only Liverpool and Arsenal. Heard it again during the Blackburn/Arse game i think. They also seem locked in this delusion that Chelsea are that much better.

It doesnt surprise me that Chelsea are tipped to be among the top 3 rather than join bottom 3 of the top 6.

If you follow the moneytrail (which is usually a good indicator) you find that Chelsea have spent 120m over the last two windows (and seemed happy to spend another 40m on Modric.) That puts Chelsea well up there with City and ahead of Man Utd.

Liverpool, which in terms of spend leads the chasing pack, has net spend of 46m over the two windows. Considering that Chelsea were 2nd last year and 1st the year before it doesnt look likely they would fall to 4th with either Liverpool jumping to 3rd on much lower spend from 6th or Spurs jumping to 3rd from 5th on no spend at all. Admittedly Chelsea's play over the first 5 games has implied that they might be vulnerable but there is a long way to go and money usually counts in the end.

It doesnt surprise me that Chelsea are tipped to be among the top 3 rather than join bottom 3 of the top 6.

If you follow the moneytrail (which is usually a good indicator) you find that Chelsea have spent 120m over the last two windows (and seemed happy to spend another 40m on Modric.) That puts Chelsea well up there with City and ahead of Man Utd.

Liverpool, which in terms of spend leads the chasing pack, has net spend of 46m over the two windows. Considering that Chelsea were 2nd last year and 1st the year before it doesnt look likely they would fall to 4th with either Liverpool jumping to 3rd on much lower spend from 6th or Spurs jumping to 3rd from 5th on no spend at all. Admittedly Chelsea's play over the first 5 games has implied that they might be vulnerable but there is a long way to go and money usually counts in the end.

What happens in the january window will probably make the difference for Chelsea. As you say, they were happy to spend another 40m on Modric and if things arn't going so well then i'm sure they'll buy their wa out of troble again. That really all it is with Chelsea, just spend spend spend which keeps them in the top three. What Abramovich does'nt understand is that continuity of management takes you to the next level and if the owner realised that they might have bought more trophies.

As for Spurs, we have all we need right now. A fit King and a goalscorer, the two ingredients i never thought i would see in the same Tottenham line up.

On 18 July 2009, Adebayor signed a five-year contract with Manchester City, for a transfer fee believed to be in the region of £25million

thats a quote from wiki, and if I recall correctly he was reported to be on 160,000 a week!!!

and there aint many clubs that will/ can manage that sort of weekly wage, so looks like he's with u until 2014 or until you pay him off.

Edited by rijit

On 18 July 2009, Adebayor signed a five-year contract with Manchester City, for a transfer fee believed to be in the region of £25million

thats a quote from wiki, and if I recall correctly he was reported to be on 160,000 a week!!!

and there aint many clubs that will/ can manage that sort of weekly wage, so looks like he's with u until 2014 or until you pay him off.

If he bangs in 50 goals this season of course we might reconsider....biggrin.gif

If he bangs in 50 goals this season of course we might reconsider....biggrin.gif

And so you should seeing as your whole team only scored 55 goals last year. :D

I'm praying to whatever God/Allah/Buddha etc that he don't get injured this season. wink.gif

Edited by smokie36

You need to check out the cybretonics! Abrak will be along soon to fill you in! Something to do with Benny Beans Baseball - if I recall?

And for all your wedge you only scored 5 more than we did , weird but true if u look at our stats 4 last season our DEFENCE let us down not our attack!!!

Rijit - be fair (I know it's our thread) but, (generalisation), our strikers let us down up front, and our defenders let us down at the back. And our midfield players (who have a defensive and attacking role) generally did very well!

What Spurs need to concentrate on this season is beating the clubs that we know that we can beat, home and away! Like Shamrock Rovers ;-)

Whilst beating Man U and Man City and Chelsea and Arsenal would be great, we have to beat the other 16 teams in the premiership, both at home and away! We are capable, we have the squad (when fit)!

Rijit - be fair (I know it's our thread) but, (generalisation), our strikers let us down up front, and our defenders let us down at the back. And our midfield players (who have a defensive and attacking role) generally did very well!

What Spurs need to concentrate on this season is beating the clubs that we know that we can beat, home and away! Like Shamrock Rovers ;-)

Whilst beating Man U and Man City and Chelsea and Arsenal would be great, we have to beat the other 16 teams in the premiership, both at home and away! We are capable, we have the squad (when fit)!

Qualification or relegation

1Manchester United ©38 23 11 4 78 37+41 80

2Chelsea38 21 8 9 69 33+36 71

3Manchester City38 21 8 9 60 33+27 71

4Arsenal38 19 11 8 72 43+29 68

5Tottenham Hotspur38 16 14 8 55 46+9 62

1 I am being fair and look at the figures our goals for were within sniffing distance of man city, but the goal difference was down to + 9 not anywhere near ANY of champs league clubs, in relation to the amount of goals we scored we let 2 many in. Anyway,we've always known we can beat the smaller clubs in the prem, beating the top clubs is all about confidence, it's what traditionally. even going way bac to 84ish, has stopped us going on and winning the championship.

Edited by rijit

Qualification or relegation

1Manchester United ©38 23 11 4 78 37+41 80

2Chelsea38 21 8 9 69 33+36 71

3Manchester City38 21 8 9 60 33+27 71

4Arsenal38 19 11 8 72 43+29 68

5Tottenham Hotspur38 16 14 8 55 46+9 62

1 I am being fair and look at the figures our goals for were within sniffing distance of man city, but the goal difference was down to + 9 not anywhere near ANY of champs league clubs, in relation to the amount of goals we scored we let 2 many in. Anyway,we've always known we can beat the smaller clubs in the prem, beating the top clubs is all about confidence, it's what traditionally. even going way bac to 84ish, has stopped us going on and winning the championship.

You've gone all Abrak on me! (but not in a nice spreadsheet).

Your point was about ATTACK and DEFENCE. My point was that the MIDFIELD has a huge part to play! I'll repeat, last season our defence was poor and our attack was poor! Our midfield made and scored many goals, but our midfield lost (or didn't even go for) tackles and therefore the defence of the defence.

No point in arguing amongst ourselves!

No Carling Cup on TV - off to look for the result! Fingers crossed!

And for all your wedge you only scored 5 more than we did , weird but true if u look at our stats 4 last season our DEFENCE let us down not our attack!!!

That wasn't my point. Smokes said you would consider buying Adebayor if he scored 50 goals. I was saying and so you should if a single player scored almost as many as your whole team did last year. It was also a bit of a joke (hence the smiley). No need to go all serious on us.

I've noticed that!rolleyes.gif We're far too serious on this thread!blink.gif

Let's ave an Arry 'scrote face' England manager job, post - it's been at least a day or two!jap.gif

Don't worry about BJ trevor. he's ok, he just gets lonely on the moneybags thread.

Anyway, back to happy thoughts.....:rolleyes: now we have Gallas and Sandro back to fitness along with Van Der Vaart. Not good news at all about Dawson but atleast we have cover now at center of defence. any news on Lennon?

We need to keep our fingers crossed we don't pick up anymore nasty injuries.

I've noticed that!rolleyes.gif We're far too serious on this thread!blink.gif

Let's ave an Arry 'scrote face' England manager job, post - it's been at least a day or two!jap.gif

Don't worry about BJ trevor. he's ok, he just gets lonely on the moneybags thread.

Anyway, back to happy thoughts.....:rolleyes: now we have Gallas and Sandro back to fitness along with Van Der Vaart. Not good news at all about Dawson but atleast we have cover now at center of defence. any news on Lennon?

We need to keep our fingers crossed we don't pick up anymore nasty injuries.

Staying serious just for a minute....if Ledley can really play 20 games for us this season would be fantastic. That would see our goals conceded tally drop in half I reckon. wink.gif