Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I listened a lot to what was said about vb b4 and after he left chelsea, one crit' that was constant throughout from his ex staff to ex players to his ex managers he was a loner that had difficulty handling relationships within the work environment, seems the way he handled himself at Chelsea held that crit up, every player, staff member is aware and accepts that when a new manager comes there's Donna be some changes, ITS STANDARD how the manager goes about it, imo sets the tone for how his tenure is gonna go, v b came in heavy handily and rather stupidly andfuc_ked things up lets hope he does better at spurs, cant see it myself, I saw NOTHING, team selection, tactically, I repeat NOTHING,, from his time at Chelsea to convince me that he will do a good job at spurs but if he's appointed i'll give him a fair go and as I said i genuinely hope my opinion is wrong and we are on the cusp of a new and exciting era,

Fair comment that rij....give him some time....and with good signings we can push on this season. Bale signing is great news already....sort out the strikers and it could be exciting times indeed!

I listened a lot to what was said about vb b4 and after he left chelsea, one crit' that was constant throughout from his ex staff to ex players to his ex managers he was a loner that had difficulty handling relationships within the work environment, seems the way he handled himself at Chelsea held that crit up, every player, staff member is aware and accepts that when a new manager comes there's Donna be some changes, ITS STANDARD how the manager goes about it, imo sets the tone for how his tenure is gonna go, v b came in heavy handily and rather stupidly andfuc_ked things up lets hope he does better at spurs, cant see it myself, I saw NOTHING, team selection, tactically, I repeat NOTHING,, from his time at Chelsea to convince me that he will do a good job at spurs but if he's appointed i'll give him a fair go and as I said i genuinely hope my opinion is wrong and we are on the cusp of a new and exciting era,

Do you not think it was just a clash of personalities Rij, afterall i don't recall him having problems with the staff at Porto or if he did then it didn't do them any harm.

2 great managers in Bobby Robson and Jose Mourinho believed in AVB and thought him exceptional.

What he achieved at Porto was nothing short of outstanding.

You dont suddenly become a bad manager after a few months!!

Do you not think it was just a clash of personalities Rij, afterall i don't recall him having problems with the staff at Porto or if he did then it didn't do them any harm.

I

I really think he judged and handled the situation poorly, he was entering a very successful and long established group, supposedly as their leader, what does one do ? esp when they already know him as a goffer,best go gently gently slowly sus it out, I would have thought but the way he started t, transfer listing Alex and Anelka fair enuf, but then making them train with the youth team, , nah. we may think footballers as stupid fuc_kers but an awful lot of them are tri lingual and far from stupid and they defo stick 2 gether, he helped create an us and them, with him as the outsider, And the rests history.

2 great managers in Bobby Robson and Jose Mourinho believed in AVB and thought him exceptional.

What he achieved at Porto was nothing short of outstanding.

You dont suddenly become a bad manager after a few months!!

Cant find anywhere that robson or murry boy actually are quoted as saying that he was exceptional, can you? but Robson did give him his first job and murry boy had him as his assistant but then froze him out when he found he wanted to be a manager.

And yeah, great achievements in PORTUGAL, but we know the prem is a step up from that and Chelsea are top ish of that pile, and come on how many successful lower league managers and managers from smaller clubs have u seen in your time, that have tried to step up and failed? enuf i'm sure, just like players stepping up a level, sometimes they make it sometimes they dont. So a V V cold honest hand on heart, you think he's taken the step up successfully? I cant for the life of me see how anyone can say that he has.

Edited by rijit

What AVB achieved at Porto had not been achieved in the past 100 years in Portuguese football.

Failing at Chelsea is pretty much a given. Terry tried to organize a mutiny against Capello within two weeks of camp at the World Cup in South Africa. Chelsea is pretty well the last place I would rely on for judgment of a managers capability. AVB must take some blame for taking the job in the first place but hopefully he has learnt something from the experience.

• Like 1

What AVB achieved at Porto had not been achieved in the past 100 years in Portuguese football.

Failing at Chelsea is pretty much a given. Terry tried to organize a mutiny against Capello within two weeks of camp at the World Cup in South Africa. Chelsea is pretty well the last place I would rely on for judgment of a managers capability. AVB must take some blame for taking the job in the first place but hopefully he has learnt something from the experience.

Have you switched allegiance this year Abrak? rolleyes.gif

No, but I will readily admit that AVB was my first choice for manager of LFC after Dalglish left.

Still guys dont get too cocky. You could be in for a big surprise. Laurent Blanc has just quit as manager of the French team.

No, but I will readily admit that AVB was my first choice for manager of LFC after Dalglish left.

Still guys dont get too cocky. You could be in for a big surprise. Laurent Blanc has just quit as manager of the French team.

Given how poor France were there is no chance of him arriving at the Lane. Daniel understands that attacking and attractive football are not simply a requirement...they are the basis of our club's philosophy.

Haha on the lao khao again you lucky bugger! rolleyes.gifcheesy.gif

Another spectacular own goal by rij!!!

Please enlighten me, How do you work that one out carmine?.

Well you seem to be confusing who's posted what don't you! You started having another pop at me on nthe back of a post made by smokie. Now i've had just about enough of your unpleasant misplaced comments. If you have anything worthwhile to say football wise. which i doubt, please feel free to do so. Otherwise, save the nasty little jibes for another forum.

Run along now

Daily telegraph 30 June 2012

Andre Villas-Boas to join Tottenham this week

Andre Villas-Boas will be confirmed as Tottenham Hotspur manager this week.

The Portuguese is now contractually free to take up another job in England, after being sacked by Chelsea in March, and has been in advanced negotiations with Spurs for the past week.

No deal has been agreed but it is expected that a three-year contract will be quickly finalised ahead of an announcement, probably on Tuesday, with Spurs also hopeful of then confirming the signings of defender Jan Vertonghen for £9.5 million from Ajax and the 22-year-old Hoffenheim midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, who was on loan to Swansea City last season, for £8 million.

There is also strong interest from Spurs in the highly-rated 20-year-old Brazilian playmaker Oscar who already has six senior caps and has attracted interest across Europe. His club, Internacional, have close ties with Spurs, who signed Sandro from them, although there is competition to acquire the attacking midfielder who may be regarded as an eventual replacement for Rafael Van der Vaart.

Spurs remain braced for offers for midfielder Luka Modric, who is set to hand in a transfer request, but Real Madrid have cooled their interest.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has also made it clear to Chelsea, who have made a fresh inquiry, that he will not sell to another English club, raising the prospect that the Croatia international could still stay.

Spurs are also likely to tell Jermain Defoe, who has already suggested he might have to leave in search of first-team football, that they have no intention of selling him and, while they retain an interest in Emmanuel Adebayor, a deal is unlikely to be agreed unless the Manchester City striker’s financial demands are lowered.

There is further good news for Spurs with Kyle Walker set to be fit for the start of the season, after a toe injury ruled him out of Euro 2012, although Scott Parker may have to undergo surgery on an Achilles. Gareth Bale, who last week agreed a new four-year deal, has withdrawn from the Team GB Olympics squad with a back injury but should also be fit for the start of the season.

• Like 1

Daily telegraph 30 June 2012

Andre Villas-Boas to join Tottenham this week

Andre Villas-Boas will be confirmed as Tottenham Hotspur manager this week.

The Portuguese is now contractually free to take up another job in England, after being sacked by Chelsea in March, and has been in advanced negotiations with Spurs for the past week.

No deal has been agreed but it is expected that a three-year contract will be quickly finalised ahead of an announcement, probably on Tuesday, with Spurs also hopeful of then confirming the signings of defender Jan Vertonghen for £9.5 million from Ajax and the 22-year-old Hoffenheim midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, who was on loan to Swansea City last season, for £8 million.

There is also strong interest from Spurs in the highly-rated 20-year-old Brazilian playmaker Oscar who already has six senior caps and has attracted interest across Europe. His club, Internacional, have close ties with Spurs, who signed Sandro from them, although there is competition to acquire the attacking midfielder who may be regarded as an eventual replacement for Rafael Van der Vaart.

Spurs remain braced for offers for midfielder Luka Modric, who is set to hand in a transfer request, but Real Madrid have cooled their interest.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has also made it clear to Chelsea, who have made a fresh inquiry, that he will not sell to another English club, raising the prospect that the Croatia international could still stay.

Spurs are also likely to tell Jermain Defoe, who has already suggested he might have to leave in search of first-team football, that they have no intention of selling him and, while they retain an interest in Emmanuel Adebayor, a deal is unlikely to be agreed unless the Manchester City striker’s financial demands are lowered.

There is further good news for Spurs with Kyle Walker set to be fit for the start of the season, after a toe injury ruled him out of Euro 2012, although Scott Parker may have to undergo surgery on an Achilles. Gareth Bale, who last week agreed a new four-year deal, has withdrawn from the Team GB Olympics squad with a back injury but should also be fit for the start of the season.

I don't think we have an earthly chance of signing Oscar. He's a brilliant attacking midfield and at only 20 years old already capped i believe 8 times by Brazil. Scored a hattrick in the U21 world cup final.

Slightly more realistic would be Moutinho because of the AVB/Porto link and if the Hulk deal falls through then they will need some cash. All this being if we can offload Modric to PSG.

Haha on the lao khao again you lucky bugger! rolleyes.gifcheesy.gif

Another spectacular own goal by rij!!!

Please enlighten me, How do you work that one out carmine?.

Well you seem to be confusing who's posted what don't you! You started having another pop at me on nthe back of a post made by smokie. Now i've had just about enough of your unpleasant misplaced comments. If you have anything worthwhile to say football wise. which i doubt, please feel free to do so. Otherwise, save the nasty little jibes for another forum.

Run along now

Looks to me like I asked you a question, so heres another one,

you say on the back of a conversation with smokey, best you 'SHOW ME EXACTLY WHERE I'VE HAD A POP AT YOU

highlighting these nasty little jibes, seems very much to me these 'nasty little jibes' are all your rather nasty little head ,

just per chance you cant back your statement up a PUBLIC apology will do. Better still just shut the f-- up.

Edited by rijit

It would be a hell of a surprise baring in mind Villas-Boas is currently starting a new three year contract with us. biggrin.png

The only real problem i see with his appointment is the press undermining him at every turn. I think your post earlier regards his reigns at Porto and Chelsea was spot on. He certainly hasn't become a bad manager. What he needed at Chelsea was the experience that Capello showed with England, to stamp on Terry early on and show him who's boss. It didn't help either that Lampard saw his departure as a means to extend his Chelsea career. No, i'm not really concerned about what happened in his time at Chelsea as long as he learnt from some of his mistakes.

It would be a hell of a surprise baring in mind Villas-Boas is currently starting a new three year contract with us. biggrin.png

The only real problem i see with his appointment is the press undermining him at every turn. I think your post earlier regards his reigns at Porto and Chelsea was spot on. He certainly hasn't become a bad manager. What he needed at Chelsea was the experience that Capello showed with England, to stamp on Terry early on and show him who's boss. It didn't help either that Lampard saw his departure as a means to extend his Chelsea career. No, i'm not really concerned about what happened in his time at Chelsea as long as he learnt from some of his mistakes.

There's one other problem carms....I hope someone points him in the direction of a decent tailor....

so nothing's been announced about vb,

could it be a lot of press bullshit?

if we've signed him, why the fuc dont we just announce it?

perhaps a last minute challenge in Blanc

got an excellent club record, be it in France,

Its AVB.....oh and its Sunday today rij.....a day for rest and contemplation.....biggrin.png

As for moutinho, ive heard talk of 32 mil, 4 him it sounds a lot of money , dont see that reps particularly good value, esp in a position that, imo not were really not in desperate need of strengthening.

Better we look to invest in our strike force, i know it's going bac a fair time but after letting pav crouch and Keane go, weve signed only loan player's saha and adeboy good enuf for a team that's contending for a top 4 spot? or maybe could we class sigg' as a striker?, that is if we do sign him

Its AVB.....oh and its Sunday today rij.....a day for rest and contemplation.....biggrin.png

Best you tell that to carmine

laugh.png Don't drag me into your squabbles......coffee1.gif

laugh.png Don't drag me into your squabbles......coffee1.gif

By making comment YOU make your self involved, easy ans no comment , no involvement.

Rij be patient, this is going to be the week of all weeks, new manager,players and perhaps the club even being taken over 5.gif

• Like 1

Looks like we have an arab consortium investing significantly in the club which is why we have increased Bales wages to over 100000 p/w and will probably now keep Adebayor permanently.

That can't be true about Bale carms, there's going to be an exodus and bale is definitly leaving according to posters on Thai Visa 4.gif

Looks like we have an arab consortium investing significantly in the club which is why we have increased Bales wages to over 100000 p/w and will probably now keep Adebayor permanently.

That can't be true about Bale carms, there's going to be an exodus and bale is definitly leaving according to posters on Thai Visa 4.gif

Yes that right, according to one of Redknapps mates who "writes" for the Express comic theres about to be a player exodus isn't there. The Mirror and the Express in particular really are making a conserted effort to undermine us.

The tabloids must be missing the Harry Redknapp exclusives they were fed so frequently