Tottenham Thread

chonabot

yeah and lets hope switching off and giving goals away in the last ?? mins of the game is a thing of the past.

Yep but stop letting them in the first half and you will be OK......Fulham in disguise.you should of signed Bungle tongue.png

And mate 2 day you were weaker than PISS POOR in the 1st half and not much better in the second!!!. l we'd have had 3 pts of you 2 day and on that we will next weekend. .but on your side is even giggs at 37? ish should struggle to be that ineffective 2 weekends in a row.

• Like 1

yeah and lets hope switching off and giving goals away in the last ?? mins of the game is a thing of the past.

Yep but stop letting them in the first half and you will be OK......Fulham in disguise.you should of signed Bungle tongue.png

And mate 2 day you were weaker than PISS POOR in the 1st half and not much better in the second!!!. l we'd have had 3 pts of you 2 day and on that we will next weekend. .but on your side is even giggs at 37? ish should struggle to be that ineffective 2 weekends in a row.

Gave you a like rij...just wish I could understand all of it....but I get the general gist! biggrin.png

You never used to write such gibberish rijit,what has happened to you?

QPR deserved a point purely on their first half display. i thopught we were dreadful in the first half and very good in the second.

At half time AVB corrected his poor selection decisions to do what he should have done from the start. Namely Caulker at center back, switch Vertoghen to left back, push Bale further forward and slip Dempsey right up behind Defoe.

It seemed obvious yesterday when we knew Naugthon was probably crocked and its rather worrying that he got the first half so wrong because if not for friedal we would have lost that game.

Not looking forward to next weekend.

Those berks booing at halftime don't help the team and should be ashamed of themselves

Edited by carmine

QPR deserved a point purely on their first half display. i thopught we were dreadful in the first half and very good in the second.

At half time AVB corrected his poor selection decisions to do what he should have done from the start. Namely Caulker at center back, switch Vertoghen to left back, push Bale further forward and slip Dempsey right up behind Defoe.

It seemed obvious yesterday when we knew Naugthon was probably crocked and its rather worrying that he got the first half so wrong because if not for friedal we would have lost that game.

Those berks booing at halftime don't help the team and should be ashamed of themselves

Minus points : i still have my doubts about Sandro playing the quarter back role as his range of passing isn't great and while Defoe is in the team we are always going to struggle to break teams down.

Plus points : Vertonghen, perhaps he could play full back all the time when we have our full compliment of centre halfs, Caulker.

Edited by alfieconn

Well i still have my doubts about Sandro playing the quarter back role as his range of passing isn't great and while Defoe is in the team we are always going to struggle to break teams down.

Point taken about Sandro's passing range. Thats the main criticism levelled at him. And it really has to be Adebayor in a 4-2-3-1.

Defoe is great when in form and set in a 4-4-2.

Caulker has to play now otherwise he will be looking for another club,i like him he is very composed and has that touch of class.

This is the general feeling amongst Spurs fans and frankly Vertoghen is so good at left back AVB could play Caulker with Kaboul in the middle.

With Lloris eventually taking over in goal and hopefully walker improving the defensive side of his game we will have an excellent back five.

Whatever happens, Vertoghen starts though.

You never used to write such gibberish rijit,what has happened to you?

Staying with a man utd fan !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I really hope AVB decides to keep Vertonghen at left back with Bale in front of him.

Those two were the reason we won the match yesterday.

I also feel 4-4-2 formation should be kept for all home games otherwise Defoe

doesn't get enough chances.

This playing one up front, just isn't working for me, Defoe needs a partner!

Think that parker will make a difference when he returns, his expirenced cool head and relentless high energy play is something that we've missed , and whats up with adeboy didnt even make the bench at the weekend, injured? As for the LHS of our defense

from what i saw, ive got no objections the naughton carrying on there, he looked the part against lazio, could be different in the prem tho and agreed defo caulker to start the boys quality, time to out gallas? and go with verity and caulker ?

I really hope AVB decides to keep Vertonghen at left back with Bale in front of him.

Were equipped to play one upfront, adeboy's bloody good at it,please dear god dont let him have an in out season, the cynic in me suggests its a pos, u know, new contract sealed, time 4 a chill!!!!! but with dempsey, siggy 2 drop off into midfield no reason we cant be effective, but we MUST use other formations equally, i was nearly as pleased with vb changing it around at half time as I was the result, he gets it right we've got the makings of a b good squad., Which is what every bodies been telling me , but hey ho how many f 'ing times have i heard that with the mighty spurs!!!!!

The problem with playing 4 4 2 sots is that nowadays most teams play with 3 in the middle which means we would be outnumbered in there, might get away with it gainst the poorer teams but not against the good uns !

The playing one up front doesn't work if its Defoe.

Edited by alfieconn

The problem with playing 4 4 2 sots is that nowadays most teams play with 3 in the middle which means we would be outnumbered in there, might get away with it gainst the poorer teams but not against the good uns !

The playing one up front doesn't work if its Defoe.

exactly and with Adebayor injured it really highlights us being a striker short, or atleast one that plays the lone striker role.

Like i said yesterday, i'm really confused what was going through AVB's mind setting us up the way he did. fair play as rijit said for seeing it and changing at halftime but why on earth did he even consider it in the first place?

I'm not knocking him but i would like to hear from him what his thought process was.

have to wait and see the state of injuries for next weekends game but i hope we see Caulker start. ideally i'd like a fit Naughton and Vertoghen partnering Caulker otherwise switch vertoghen again to the left keeping bale on the wing and gallas in the middle.

Think that parker will make a difference when he returns, his expirenced cool head and relentless high energy play is something that we've missed ,

And who are you going to drop rij ?

Interesting point isn't it!

would you, for away games for example use Parker and Sandro whilst pushing Dembele further up the pitch. Or perhaps drop Sandro in favour of Hudds superior passing game to allow better attacking options? this flexibility is offered in the 4-2-3-1 but will probably only work with Adebayor up top.

The ever present in all this has to be Dembele for me. If he is playing well then i like the pairing with Sandro. I also don't think that Parker has much more than this season to keep playing at his intensity. If we are to see the best out of Parker this season AVB is going to have to rotate and he certainly has the midfield to do just that. Don't see Livermore as much more than a fill for any one of the others mentioned but an excellent player to have on the bench

We have players competing for places almost all over the park which is healthy. Except for the strikers at the moment, with Adebayor unfit.

Its a nice situation to have for a new manager trying to work out his best team.

Funny isn't it that despite the tabloids going on about our terrible start and must win games we are only one point behind Arsenal who they claim have had an excellent start!

They must have been gutted about sunday especially with us away to Utd next weekend. biggrin.png

We have players competing for places almost all over the park which is healthy. Except for the strikers at the moment, with Adebayor unfit.

Its a nice situation to have for a new manager trying to work out his best team.

Funny isn't it that despite the tabloids going on about our terrible start and must win games we are only one point behind Arsenal who they claim have had an excellent start!

They must have been gutted about sunday especially with us away to Utd next weekend. biggrin.png

I can imagine them scratching their heads and asking "How can we get him sacked by Xmas now??"

Hopeless hacks the lot of 'em! laugh.png

Edited by smokie36

Chris Foy is due to ref the match at OT with Clattenburg as 4th official

Nightmare. They are both way out of their depth reffing at this level and thats without having the biggest bully in premier league management staring down on them.

Foy's fficiating of our game at Stoke last season was the worst officiating of a Spurs game i've seen in years. he's a truely dreadful referee.

Clattenburg is the pussy that allowed Rio "i'm owed my place in the England side" Ferdinand to stand in on his consultation with the linesmen, join in the conversation, and then awarded against Spurs and all contrary to what was stated in the rulebook!

Pair of jokers. No way you'd have such poor officials in ice hockey, james.

Edited by carmine

I'de go with Carmines first option Sandro, parker and push Dembeli as far up the pitch as possible, barring his debut dont think he's been getting 'at' defenders in and around the box enough, he's defo got the skill to unlock defenses.

Barring an extra striker, and we've not yet seen how Dempsey would play as the sole striker? relatively we've got good strength in depth

Edited by rijit