Tottenham Thread

chonabot

<yawn>

Particularly insightful comment smokey, and let's hope that's it's the right reaction and nothing happens.

In Llorris's defence they said he was a really really intelligent guy and was v v good at dealing with difficult situations

Bottom line as carmine say's how can you justify dropping freda?, when, arguably he's been our stand out player so far this season, and as forfreda fuc_king up, tbh ive been waiting for him to f/up since he joined it just hasnt happened,if anything it could be argued he's got better.

I hope you are right about him being an intelligent guy and hopefully he'll understand the dilema Friedal is causing but i still don't understand why he didn't play in the cup and i doubt he does either.

On a bright note jenas is off on loan to Forest!

wont do it !

Love it ........................How to make a reporter look a prick !

http://www.footytube...f=lchan_vidgrid

Edited by alfieconn

Have those shorts arrived yet?

Blue shorts in a 3-0 win at carlisle!!

!

See, told ya........there's no way they would have beaten Carlisle with white shorts. biggrin.pngwink.png

Exactly and no matter how hard the press try and bash AVB they can't deny he knows how to dress his players

Have those shorts arrived yet?

Blue shorts in a 3-0 win at carlisle!!

!

See, told ya........there's no way they would have beaten Carlisle with white shorts. biggrin.pngwink.png

Exactly and no matter how hard the press try and bash AVB they can't deny he knows how to dress his players

He's certainly a dedicated follower of fashion.........sometimes doesn't get the stubble quite right though.

Hows the Orient thread coming along these days ups ?

Don't need a thread mate, me and the other 4 supporters just keep the information flowing via email.

uptheos biggrin.png

That's a cracking boozer you lads have at the ground ups...enjoyed a few shebets there once or twice. ;)

We were great first half...well deserving at least a two goal lead. Second half largely poor...but Man Yoo are a good side especially at home.

Missed Parker there in the second period...for his cool head and experience. Didn't do bad though did they? smile.png

AVB looked delighted at the final whistle and so he deserves...thumbsup.gif

So we beat Utd on the day that filthy rag of a tabloid has now started claiming we have a full on player mutiny! Theres no grounding, no quotes from anyone just a scumbag sun newspaper journo with a love Harry/hate AVB agenda. Isn't it about time that paper was banned from all our official press conferences for printing blatent groundless lies?

Rant Over.

Great game and i think the mental strength we'll take from this will be enormous. Turning point for me was the rooney freekick. i think we would have really struggled if that had gone in. i think the other penalty incident was shown in slow mo afterwards that it was a good decision not to be given, but i do wonder, if it was any other Utd player than Nani whether it would have been given? You couldn't blame the ref for giving it from only a view in real time.

Positives all round really, Vertoghen is the best left back at the club! Steven Caulker is 100% ready for the premier league, Dembele and Sandro are going to be a great pairing and the team is really adjusting well to the new 4-2-3-1. Should be even better when Adebayor is back fit again. i also haven't seen Bale that good for a long time.

I think we are a little weak defensively on the right side when under extreme pressure. Lennon and walker lookes so much better in the first half and walker in particular needs to work on his defensive duties.

Nice of ferguson to be so gracious in defeat! Quite how he thought that more than four minutes was warrented is beyond me.

Anyway, fantastic three points and a chance for the manager and players to settle down and ignore the tabloid rabble rousing.

We were great first half...well deserving at least a two goal lead. Second half largely poor...but Man Yoo are a good side especially at home.

Missed Parker there in the second period...for his cool head and experience. Didn't do bad though did they? smile.png

Agree you won the first half we shaded the 2nd, well done and a great game to watch, you did well tto keep us out near the end, maybe a bit more compose and luck it might have been a draw.

Agree you won the first half we shaded the 2nd, well done and a great game to watch, you did well tto keep us out near the end, maybe a bit more compose and luck it might have been a draw.

Cheers Nev. The neutrals might have enjoyed the 2nd half but i didn't!

As i said in my post, the most important thing we'll take from this is the mental strength. Everybody knows that we can play some great football but i think we all know most Spurs sides would have folded under that 2nd half pressure

As i said in my post, the most important thing we'll take from this is the mental strength. Everybody knows that we can play some great football but i think we all know most Spurs sides would have folded under that 2nd half pressure

Agree Spurs of the past maybe would have lost that game, but you have bought well have some decent players come in, us we still have not addressed the central midfield issue that blind freddie can see we need but our manager cant, say someone like Tiotti.

The last few minutes were torture. I was yelling at 'em to keep possession and what do they do? Try to score a bloody fourth. Gotta love 'em! biggrin.png

AVB clinched it for us when he jumped up right at 4 mins....otherwise the ref would have allowed another 5 mins easy....

Believe me Carms, the "neutrals" didn't enjoy the second half. We thought the RAGS were gonna draw or even win. Well done.

• Like 1

AVB clinched it for us when he jumped up right at 4 mins....otherwise the ref would have allowed another 5 mins easy....

the four minutes of injury time were "an insult to the game" according to ferguson. he really is hugely embarrassing at times.

Immense performance, especially by our defense in the second half. Slightly worrying that our midfield couldn't get a grip on scholes and carrick in the second half, but parker bac should go a way 2 sorting that out. What a way to open your scoring account for Dempsey the winning goal at old trafford, &lt;deleted&gt;. As for our strike force Defoe did ok in the first half but couldnt 'hold' the ball up enough in the second when we desperately needed it, lets hope vb gets adeboy up and running soon. Good to see Dawson getting on, and even though it was just for a short time he got a couple of decent headers in. seven unbeaten and from what i can see we can still improve.

• Like 1

Immense performance, especially by our defense in the second half. Slightly worrying that our midfield couldn't get a grip on scholes and carrick in the second half, but parker bac should go a way 2 sorting that out. What a way to open your scoring account for Dempsey the winning goal at old trafford, &lt;deleted&gt;. As for our strike force Defoe did ok in the first half but couldnt 'hold' the ball up enough in the second when we desperately needed it, lets hope vb gets adeboy up and running soon. Good to see Dawson getting on, and even though it was just for a short time he got a couple of decent headers in. seven unbeaten and from what i can see we can still improve.

Nice summing up rij....good to see the English lessons are paying off as well! tongue.png

Great win but dont get too carried away (like I dont get carried away by Arsenal even before yesterdays reminder to us). They were on their B team back 4 werent they? They looked a bit like Southampton at the back in your productive first half and Bale did a Diaby on them

Great win but dont get too carried away (like I dont get carried away by Arsenal even before yesterdays reminder to us). They were on their B team back 4 werent they? They looked a bit like Southampton at the back in your productive first half and Bale did a Diaby on them

Away with ye Santi....bad losers you lot! biggrin.png

“Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said the four minutes of injury time they gave us. That's an insult to the game. It denies you a proper chance to win a football match."

What a sore loser – the grumpy old bugger certainly seems to have 'one foot in the grave' these days.

Poetic justice, IMHO, after the Pedro Mendes' goal that wasn't in 2005

• Like 1

Yes it was immense rijit and not the performance of so called "mutinous" players as reported in yesterday mornings Sun newspaper.

I suppose the question is whether Paul Jiggins of the Sun, (Harry Redknapps newspaper chum) the biggest TIT in uk football journalism? He already found himself looking a &lt;deleted&gt; at his claims about Lloris! i f*cking hate that garbage paper and their vile poisnous lying journos

the four minutes of injury time were "an insult to the game" according to ferguson. he really is hugely embarrassing at times.

How was he to know it was four minutes? He has a magical watch that contracts or expands time according to how his team are doing. According to him they'd only played 3 seconds of injury time before the ref blew the whistle. It is Einsteinian in its wonder.

biggrin.png