Tottenham Thread

chonabot

its the right way to go since we don't have the money to go out and buy the worlds best. i'm very excited with what our manager is doing and am delighted to be a club in such turmoil

Erm....

Millions spent since Jan 2003

• 1. Chelsea 673
  • 2. Man City 572
  • 3. Liverpool 414
  • 4. Man United 352
  • 5. Tottenham 350
  • 6. Arsenal 214

its the right way to go since we don't have the money to go out and buy the worlds best. i'm very excited with what our manager is doing and am delighted to be a club in such turmoil

Erm....

• 1. Chelsea 673
  • 2. Man City 572
  • 3. Liverpool 414
  • 4. Man United 352
  • 5. Tottenham 350
  • 6. Arsenal 214

Net spend would be a more accurate benchmark.

Erm....

• 1. Chelsea 673
  • 2. Man City 572
  • 3. Liverpool 414
  • 4. Man United 352
  • 5. Tottenham 350
  • 6. Arsenal 214

Still smokie. Tis not a poultry sum, either way.

Erm....

• 1. Chelsea 673
  • 2. Man City 572
  • 3. Liverpool 414
  • 4. Man United 352
  • 5. Tottenham 350
  • 6. Arsenal 214

Still smokie. Tis not a poultry sum, either way.

Surely you're not going to duck the issue of him beefing up the figures?

# Net Spend last 5 Years Purchased Gross Sold Nett Per Season

1 Manchester City £537,450,000 £130,300,000 £407,150,000 £81,430,000

2 Chelsea £309,300,000 £77,600,000 £231,700,000 £46,340,000

3 Stoke City £83,825,000 £8,650,000 £75,175,000 £15,035,000

4 Aston Villa £159,100,000 £89,350,000 £69,750,000 £13,950,000

5 Manchester United £186,850,000 £124,800,000 £62,050,000 £12,410,000

6 Liverpool £241,150,000 £192,050,000 £49,100,000 £9,820,000

7 QPR £47,000,000 £850,000 £46,150,000 £9,230,000

8 Sunderland £123,900,000 £87,550,000 £36,350,000 £7,270,000

9 West Ham £81,150,000 £54,800,000 £26,350,000 £5,270,000

10 Southampton £33,450,000 £14,600,000 £18,850,000 £3,770,000

11 Norwich City £17,050,000 £1,100,000 £15,950,000 £3,190,000

12 West Bromwich Albion £38,725,000 £24,810,000 £13,915,000 £2,783,000

15 Fulham £52,800,000 £39,700,000 £13,100,000 £2,620,000

14 Tottenham £202,700,000 £199,550,000 £3,150,000 £630,000

15 Swansea £27,980,000 £29,860,000 -£1,880,000 -£376,000

16 Wigan £47,100,000 £59,250,000 -£12,150,000 -£2,430,000

17 Everton £60,500,500 £75,816,000 -£15,315,500 -£3,063,100

18 Reading £9,200,000 £25,850,000 -£16,650,000 -£3,330,000

19 Newcastle £73,250,000 £109,550,000 -£36,300,000 -£7,260,000

20 Arsenal £137,400,000 £182,400,000 -£45,000,000 -£9,000,000

http://transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

Cheers Rij.....they were making a pig's ear of it. biggrin.png

So you think that you deserve to be in 14th place after you have spent 202mil. But Norwich have only spent 17mil over the same period and are in 11th.

All that carms said was "its the right way to go since we don't have the money to go out and buy the worlds best" when actually you have spent 202mil. yes, you have sold well but you have still spent an awful lot.

Those figures show how well run the club is mrboj. Nothing else.

The wider picture shows just how much is needed to buy the title. Just the truth nowadays unfortunately.

forgetting the huge wage gap they've helped create, it's cost man city in transfers alone, over the last 5 season £1.2 mil a point!!!!

perhaps it might be prudent 4 them to look into setting up as a charity!!!

• Like 1

The wider picture shows just how much is needed to buy the title. Just the truth nowadays unfortunately.

forgetting the huge wage gap they've helped create, it's cost man city in transfers alone, over the last 5 season £1.2 mil a point!!!!

Beleive me rijit, I don't care how much money per point it was. We won the league and I can die happy. You spent a lot of money too but got nought.

Beleive me rijit, I don't care how much money per point it was. We won the league and I can die happy. You spent a lot of money too but got nought.

I think by comparison you could say we spent maybe a fifth of what you did. OK a tenth....whatever....let's not nitpick after all. rolleyes.gif

, if what you said is true and all that matters is you've won the title and the long term sustenance is not an issue for you, good luck to you bo, Let's hope the oil boys dont get fed up as has happened in Spain recently,and the fair play doesn't hurt you 2 badly But As smokey said were a well run club/business and in the Medium/ long term , it's got to be a far better position to be in.

I think by comparison you could say we spent maybe a fifth of what you did. OK a tenth....whatever....let's not nitpick after all. rolleyes.gif

This is were the confusion starts smokes. You say "spent" and you spent between 2 and 3 hundred million quid. That's nowhere near a tenth of what we have, it's not far off half. But hey, lets not nitpick biggrin.png

, if what you said is true and all that matters is you've won the title and the long term sustenance is not an issue for you, good luck to you bo, Let's hope the oil boys dont get fed up as has happened in Spain recently,and the fair play doesn't hurt you 2 badly But As smokey said were a well run club/business and in the Medium/ long term , it's got to be a far better position to be in.

Obviously it's a worry to any club that their owners don't get fed up rij, there's nought to say your owners won't but with the investment that our owners are putting into the new 80 acre academy, it certainly looks like they are in it for a good few years yet.

Obviously it's a worry to any club that their owners don't get fed up rij, there's nought to say your owners won't but with the investment that our owners are putting into the new 80 acre academy, it certainly looks like they are in it for a good few years yet.

80 acres lol aint gonna change nish if no players are coming through all your playing is over waged mercenaries,you got ONE youth player thats 100% a man city product? and dont say richards cos he aint. But the differences between our clubs bo is that our owners approach its calculated balanced and appears to be well under control, where's your's seems completely the opposite giving the impression that it's based on emotion rather than common sense and when the emotion rules can can you be assured of consistency, I think not.

80 acres lol aint gonna change nish if no players are coming through all your playing is over waged mercenaries,you got ONE youth player thats 100% a man city product? and dont say richards cos he aint. But the differences between our clubs bo is that our owners approach its calculated balanced and appears to be well under control, where's your's seems completely the opposite giving the impression that it's based on emotion rather than common sense and when the emotion rules can can you be assured of consistency, I think not.

Seriously rijit, and banter aside. Our owners are not fools, they knew exactly what they were doing and stated their fast tracked business plan several times.They have said several times that they will not spend again on that scale but due to FFP coming in, it was do it then or not at all.

Seriously rijit, and banter aside. Our owners are not fools, they knew exactly what they were doing and stated their fast tracked business plan several times.They have said several times that they will not spend again on that scale but due to FFP coming in, it was do it then or not at all.

ok banter aside Bo they say they wont spend like that again, what happened when Chelsea tried to pull bac on the spending, suddenly they were staring at life outside the top four and once out side the champs lge cash , abramo boys huge investment could well have been totally wasted, will your boys risk that I think not, seems once a club has taken that route there seems little or no viable alternative , lets just hope the fair play legislation sorts things out

Come on this morning to see some very amusing posting. Seems like rijit has had his finest hour and MrB had a nightmare. chiqog or whatever he calls himself as usual come on and posts slanted twaddle.

In short, what i meant was we can't go out and just buy at almose any cost and pay those massive wages. up until recently we had a 70k wage cap. yes we spent a lot but only did so on the back of selling too (and then we are accused of being a selling clubsmile.png )

The stup comments about spending loads totally forgets the FACTS which are that we had to sell the likes of berba, Modric and Carrick, our best players to spend those sums on purchase. Tables regarding spend and totally disregarding sales are largely irrelevent and cloud reality

So basically unless you become the plaything of a russian mobster or oil sheik, the only realistic and honest relevence is net spend.

Oh chicoq, the only reason the Arsenal have done well on your net spend is down to a mincey frenchman, as the reality is your club has no ambition

Edited by carmine

Seems like rijit has had his finest hour and MrB had a nightmare.

I don't know how reach that conclusion Carms. You said the following:-

The stup comments about spending loads totally forgets the FACTS which are that we had to sell the likes of berba, Modric and Carrick, our best players to spend those sums on purchase. Tables regarding spend and totally disregarding sales are largely irrelevent and cloud reality

The FACTS that you guys forget is that a balance sheet consist of ALL incomings and outgoings, not just the buy and sale of players.That is where the net spend table becomes misleading. For instance, if you get an airline to sponsor you for 400mil quid wink.png you can go out and spend an awful lot of that on players without having to sell many.

But as Smokes would say, lets not nitpick. You look at the figures how you like to and I'll look at em how I like to. thumbsup.gif

Seems like rijit has had his finest hour and MrB had a nightmare.

I don't know how reach that conclusion Carms. You said the following:-

The FACTS that you guys forget is that a balance sheet consist of ALL incomings and outgoings, not just the buy and sale of players.That is where the net spend table becomes misleading. For instance, if you get an airline to sponsor you for 400mil quid wink.png you can go out and spend an awful lot of that on players without having to sell many.

But as Smokes would say, lets not nitpick. You look at the figures how you like to and I'll look at em how I like to. thumbsup.gif

Like the similarity in the combined weekly wages of your forward line of Dzecko Tevez Aguero and Ballotelli being almost the same as our entire 25 man squad! cheesy.gif

And no i don't want to do the math to get to the exact figure bit its quite close and i find it very funnybiggrin.png