Tottenham Thread

chonabot

As for tonight I reckon vb will field as strong a team as he can, the 1/4 finals beckon the winners.

I hope it happens in Jan rij or top four will likely slip away yet again.

Me to smokes heaven help us if defoe were to get injured? with adeboy seemingly constantly injured, dempsey would have to play up there, and although he's improving it's a bit of an ask and quite frankly a bit of a risk.

same same no different. Absolute load of crap in the second half. Threw it away. Poor decision making 2nd half by Villas-Boas. No striker!

What on earth is going on with our second half performances? Why do we go to pieces? Why can't we defend a lead and hand the initiative over to the other side having dominated them for 45 minutes?

Well done to Norwich. Hung in first half and really came back into it. Bit lucky but thats cup football!

1-0 and cruising, vb does his normal 'lets sit on the lead' takes a midfielder off and brings a defender on and BANG we're out. No excuses bad decision making by vb . Terrible penalty by Dempsey.

i don't think it's AVB instructions to sit on a lead from half time, the players just seem to panick ! he didn't bring on a defender for a midfielder until the 79th minute.

We're out of the Mickey Mouse Cup.....even Daniel now knows we need another striker. I missed the game I'm afraid. No I'm glad to say. I've seen enough of our Second Half collapse this season.

And I'm not going to come on here and gloat about it, like someone did when we got knocked out. whistling.gif

same same no different. Absolute load of crap in the second half. Threw it away. Poor decision making 2nd half by Villas-Boas. No striker!

What on earth is going on with our second half performances? Why do we go to pieces? Why can't we defend a lead and hand the initiative over to the other side having dominated them for 45 minutes?

Well done to Norwich. Hung in first half and really came back into it. Bit lucky but thats cup football!

We didn't really start with a striker carms, carroll looks more like ANOTHER nonscoring midfielder, take away the bale goal and we had loads of possession but we didn't really trouble the defense in their box. early season vb said we'd be running with 2 strikers and a development player, dont think we've even got a development striker now, didntt we let our last one go out on loan? got to say IMO this 2 striker thingy is an absolutely piss poor decision by vb . and your right we cant seem to defend a lead, but couldn't the old saying apply here 'defend from the front' and we dont under vb we v much do the opposite we just drop deeper, Houghton spotted that and got his subs bang on, big up to the feller. also the CENTRAL midfield we're currently using can ping the ball around but seem to have difficulty running any noticeable distance with the ball and relieving the defense aka parker or dembele

We're out of the Mickey Mouse Cup.....even Daniel now knows we need another striker. I missed the game I'm afraid. No I'm glad to say. I've seen enough of our Second Half collapse this season.

And I'm not going to come on here and gloat about it, like someone did when we got knocked out. whistling.gif

Why not?

We didn't really start with a striker carms, carroll looks more like ANOTHER nonscoring midfielder, take away the bale goal and we had loads of possession but we didn't really trouble the defense in their box. early season vb said we'd be running with 2 strikers and a development player, dont think we've even got a development striker now, didntt we let our last one go out on loan? got to say IMO this 2 striker thingy is an absolutely piss poor decision by vb . and your right we cant seem to defend a lead, but couldn't the old saying apply here 'defend from the front' and we dont under vb we v much do the opposite we just drop deeper, Houghton spotted that and got his subs bang on, big up to the feller. also the CENTRAL midfield we're currently using can ping the ball around but seem to have difficulty running any noticeable distance with the ball and relieving the defense aka parker or dembele

Substitute vb for DL rij.

Correct. AVB simply didn't get who he wanted

Looking for leaders in our team in games like this. Sandro is still developing his game and not yet ready for that role....Bale is similar but will be a major influence in that regard....Vertonghen hasn't been in the team long enough...Kaboul...don't know really.

Only Parker looks capable of that at the moment....which is not enough really. Gallas is on his way out.

Correct. AVB simply didn't get who he wanted

agreed maybe muuty would have been the ans but regarding the striker thingy vb made rthe decision and statement not levy

Edited by rijit

Nah , cant see it carms smokes, makes what your saying levy deciding the structure of the squad, vb made rthe decision and statement not levy

Well he wanted Moutinho and look what happened there rij!!

Edit: To add yes he wanted Moutinho and was prepared to sacrifice bringing in more attacking options to allow that. Look where we find ourselves now. Its a monumental screw up by Levy is this. Hopefully they will sort it in Jan. Or at least make some effort in that direction. I hear a rumour that will happen.....!

Edited by smokie36

Nah , cant see it carms smokes, makes what your saying levy deciding the structure of the squad, vb made rthe decision and statement not levy

Edit: To add yes he wanted Moutinho and was prepared to sacrifice bringing in more attacking options to allow that. Look where we find ourselves now. Its a monumental screw up by Levy is this. Hopefully they will sort it in Jan. Or at least make some effort in that direction. I hear a rumour that will happen.....!

lets hope smokes either that or parker comes bac with a bang, but either way vb still consistently makes the decision to drop deeper without the necessary personal to play out of it.

Parker will be useful in holding/breaking up play and dictating the pace of the game but he's not creative in an attacking sense rij.

We need a playmaker for that.

yeah he aint the most creative around the opponents box but let a move break down and who's on the case that's where hes at his most effective dembele's the only other one that can do a similar job. but really . were not lacking in ideas around the box smokes were lacking options in it and were lacking someone to run with the ball out of defense those 20 .30 yard runs that he consistently does smokes carrying the ball out from defense , takes a lot of pressure from the defense

Edited by rijit

lets hope smokes either that or parker comes bac with a bang, but either way vb still consistently makes the decision to drop deeper without the necessary personal to play out of it.

Isn't that the truth. Every second half we keep dropping deeper and deeper and then hey ho! we just conceded again.

rijit, on 2012-11-01 04:47:14, said:

1-0 and cruising, vb does his normal 'lets sit on the lead' takes a midfielder off and brings a defender on and BANG we're out. No excuses bad decision making by vb . Terrible penalty by Dempsey.

don't think it's AVB instructions to sit on a lead from half time, the players just seem to panick ! he didn't bring on a defender for a midfielder until the 79th minute.

So Rij, being as you keep harping on about it, do you think AVB gives the instruction to sit deeper and keep giving the ball away ? re your comment about bringing a midfielder off and putting on a defender on, dont you think a lot of teams would do this in the 79th minute ?

Edited by alfieconn

rijit, on 2012-11-01 04:47:14, said:

don't think it's AVB instructions to sit on a lead from half time, the players just seem to panick ! he didn't bring on a defender for a midfielder until the 79th minute.

So Rij, being as you keep harping on about it, do you think AVB gives the instruction to sit deeper and keep giving the ball away ? re your comment about bringing a midfielder off and putting on a defender on, dont you think a lot of teams would do this in the 79th minute ?

Actually no I dont and of coarse vb doesn't say 'give possession away' but taking an attack minded player off and putting a defensive minded player on has a tendency 2 give the opponents players space to push further up the pitch and our middies, as weve discussed, haven't the ability 2 hold and bring the ball out add that to a lack of arguably a forward who can hold, our defense being what it is at the mo cracks. vb should be on top of it and pic tactics that suit our personnel not expect players to suit the tactics only a subtle difference but IMO a crucial one . Oh and another point,when did we stop having players on the goal line?

Actually no I dont and of coarse vb doesn't say 'give possession away' but taking an attack minded player off and putting a defensive minded player on has a tendency 2 give the opponents players space to push further up the pitch and our middies, as weve discussed, haven't the ability 2 hold and bring the ball out add that to a lack of arguably a forward who can hold, our defense being what it is at the mo cracks. vb should be on top of it and pic tactics that suit our personnel not expect players to suit the tactics only a subtle difference but IMO a crucial one . Oh and another point,when did we stop having players on the goal line?

What attack minded player did he take off last night ?

After today's earlier thread regarding the first potential sacking of a premiership manager,may I ask what the general consensus with Spurs fans is regarding the current boss Mr AVB,is he good for the club or not ?

We're happy. Most of us will be even more so when Lloris plays every game.

After today's earlier thread regarding the first potential sacking of a premiership manager,may I ask what the general consensus with Spurs fans is regarding the current boss Mr AVB,is he good for the club or not ?

They haven't yet assumed the normal (for the last ten years) position of one to eight places below Arsenal, so he must be doing better than the other 256 managers theyve had over that periodtongue.png