Tottenham Thread

chonabot

In defence to Bale, his contribution won us the game, without him we are very mediocre.

Made the first goal, scored the second, and then gifted one to Liverpool.

First half, him and Lennon were running the show, second half we did the usual sit back and defend

but this time got lucky.

Is it the players or AVB'S tactics to sit back and defend when leading? Still not convinced by him.

During the first 25 minutes I thought Liverpool were in for an almighty hammering. Then, Spurs suddenly took their foot off the pedal, in a most surreal way they transformed.....quite mystifying. However, I watched it this morning without knowing the result, none of that getting up at 3am for me. wink.png

At on the matter of own goals reminds me that Bale is still being a <deleted> diving. Shame he has still got this in his game. He really doesn't do himself justice.

between his crap diving and that bloody awful goal celebration bale seems like a bit of a knob.

Wrong again steve, between him being kicked in the air and admittedly suspect goal celebrations, he's one of the best players in the premiership!!!.

In defence to Bale, his contribution won us the game, without him we are very mediocre.

First half, him and Lennon were running the show, second half we did the usual sit back and defend

but this time got lucky.

Is it the players or AVB'S tactics to sit back and defend when leading? Still not convinced by him.

Were struggling for midfielders that can bring the ball out from defence, like say parker can, dembele can but i got the feeling he's still feeling the effects of his injury cos as the game wore on his effectiveness waned. and defoe as much as he's on fire scoring he cant 'hold' and the ball just comes bac far 2 easily, thank fuc Liverpool were impotent in front of goal!!!!

Edited by rijit

A mate of mine has just written a book about the bar scene in Pattaya and it features a story about a Spurs fan in bar which he claims is true. I asked him if he would put it up on his web-site so everyone could read it.

If you would like to read it - go here - http://thai-lottery.net/page9.html

The book is really good - Its called Thai Lottery... and Other Stories from Pattaya, Thailand and his name is Matt Carrell

His web site is www.thai-lottery.net

It obviously wasn't smokie !!!!!!!!!!

A real test away to Fulham on Saturday. I hope Dembele is able to play a good 90 mins in this one.....we looked great for half an hour against the scousers but we'll have to do it for far longer at the weekend to get a result I think.

Any news on the injuries? Adebayor still out for one more isn't he?

but this time got lucky.

you have asked the nasty question,i remember when harry took over from ramos,he got stuck into the players,them telling him where they would play and what they would do during the game.

is AVB allowing this pathetic sit back and try and asborb huge amounts of pressure,we are not a defensively good enought side to do that.

good sides will find a way through.

fulham,tight unit,with a bit of flair,i like hugo rodellaga.

A real test away to Fulham on Saturday. I hope Dembele is able to play a good 90 mins in this one.....we looked great for half an hour against the scousers but we'll have to do it for far longer at the weekend to get a result I think.

Fulham are OK, but I think Spurs have enough to beat them, should be a good game.

Seems players stay out longer in the winter.......fairies. New law: no gloves, mittens, scarves, long sleeve vests, long johns or matching handbags.....they're bloody men!..........Geez, even the tape on their legs has to match

Fulham are OK, but I think Spurs have enough to beat them, should be a good game.

Seems players stay out longer in the winter.......fairies. New law: no gloves, mittens, scarves, long sleeve vests, long johns or matching handbags.....they're bloody men!..........Geez, even the tape on their legs has to match

Berbatov looks a real muppet in those gloves doesn't he? smile.png

And Berbatov is still a class act.

yes,still class,never forget how he played for the lads a few years back,i think at bolton,who we never seem to beat,spurs had one sent off early and berbatov played the perfect game as a lone striker,held the ball up and put real effort in.

yes,shocking look,fashion dummies some of them,i know they get sponsorship to wear some of those things,but,bring back dave mackay,gloves on the field i dont think so.

And Berbatov is still a class act.

yes,still class,never forget how he played for the lads a few years back,i think at bolton,who we never seem to beat,spurs had one sent off early and berbatov played the perfect game as a lone striker,held the ball up and put real effort in.

He's not the player he was....and I hope he proves it on Saturday!

yes,shocking look,fashion dummies some of them,i know they get sponsorship to wear some of those things,but,bring back dave mackay,gloves on the field i dont think so.

I wonder what SAF thought of that in private? Bet he had a right laugh with a few managers over a glass or two of Bordeaux.....!

Sort of Dracula with gloves.

• Like 2

for sure,i think some of the old timers must think the fashion dummies look like real berks.

Yeah......game up, I'm an old timer and they look like real berks!

I guess it protects them when they fall over though.

Edited by uptheos

bring it back,electrical tape got from someones dad,one bottle of crappy linament for all,bucket of oranges sliced by mrs jones,mrs smith doing the shirts this week,glory days.

back to the real world,i will watch with interest the lads tactics if we happen to be leading and playing well before half time.

bring it back,electrical tape got from someones dad,one bottle of crappy linament for all,bucket of oranges sliced by mrs jones,mrs smith doing the shirts this week,glory days.

back to the real world,i will watch with interest the lads tactics if we happen to be leading and playing well before half time.

More interested in AVB's response. He should be on the touchline shouting at them to get stuck in!

Edit: And keep a high line....but only if Gallas aint playing. tongue.png

Edited by smokie36

More interested in AVB's response. He should be on the touchline shouting at them to get stuck in!

yes it AVBs call,but is he happy with this sitting to deep thing,i am only watching on tv,so i cant see what freund or AVB are doing,at least when we had joe jordan the camera would go to him quite regulary hoping to catch him on the verge of "come aheed"

yes it AVBs call,but is he happy with this sitting to deep thing,i am only watching on tv,so i cant see what freund or AVB are doing,at least when we had joe jordan the camera would go to him quite regulary hoping to catch him on the verge of "come aheed"

Yeah he just sits there mostly or waves his coat tail around. "Man at Burton" aint a good look neither....someone should have a word.......

"man at burton"? mens high street retailer?,he loves his coats,probably my salary for a month.

His style is appalling and don't suit him. Looks like a twelve year old.....he needs the Gok Wan treatment that lad....!

oh "gok wan",is that some strange japanese fettish?wink.png ,as long as it doesnt effect his team structure
  • Like 1

but this time got lucky.

you have asked the nasty question,i remember when harry took over from ramos,he got stuck into the players,them telling him where they would play and what they would do during the game.

is AVB allowing this pathetic sit back and try and asborb huge amounts of pressure,we are not a defensively good enought side to do that.

good sides will find a way through.

I doubt very much that AVB is telling them to go on the defensive, i think it is a mental thing with the players and they just seem to panick and lose there composure, similar to a team of seventeen year olds !

Dave Mackay use to wear gloves on the field ................only they were boxing gloves !

Edited by alfieconn

Actually AVB could hire Dave Mackay shout shout and threaten players if they didn't make the tackle. That would sort our defense out.

Don't know what anyone else thought but from what i saw Freund looked a right pussy sitting on the bench on wednesday night

Edited by carmine

Scott Parker back in two weeks. Very good news if you follow the tactical view of a 4-2-3-1 with Sandro alongside Parker holding with Dembele moved further up.

I am really hoping that a combination of those two will put an end to this pathetic second half mentality once and for all and we start to destroy teams as our first half performances have been threatening to do.

I really don't think that AVB is telling the team to sit back and defend deeper. I agree with Alfie, its a mental thing and requires more leadership on the pitch which Parker will.

Nice to see AVB putting Modric in his place. Classless balkan midget