Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Win's a win....could have been far more comfortable and I see the last few minutes and have near several heart attacks.

Hope Adebayor is back quickly.

Back to fourth going into Xmas so have to be satisfied with that.

No sign of BAE unfortunately.....and of course Gareth......when is he likely to return?

BAE and Bale should be fit already. AVB probably decided to give Bale a little longer to rest. Arsenal now under pressure to win away tonight and Stoke at the Lane next week. That was an important win today.

Edited by carmine

Good to see Parker bac. though sandro aint gonna give the shirt up without a battle,and batttle he does, some of those ball winning tackles were awesome. Slightly worrying with Dembele going off early again, followed by adeboy, his injury is defo a worry, bringing the decision to run with 2 senior strikers into question again, though i thought Townsend did ok when he came on. Felt for defoe, did almost everything right and on another afternoon would at least have got on the score-sheet Great to see verity finally get on the prem score-sheet,however his defensive POSITIONING still concerns, at times he just doesn't look across and keep the line in particular when his side of defense is being quickly attacked. Thought Gallas did as good a job at Marshaling as could be expected. Though specially pleasing was to see us holding onto a somewhat fragile lead and see a game out, although slight palpitations were felt on the way. A deserved 3 points and 4th going into Xmas with, i;m sure, more to come from this team. Happy days.smile.png

If we do get a striker, i'de hope that there would be better value than the supposed 50 mill they are asking, and getting that value for money should be, hopefully, one of the advantages of having a 'European' coach, he's a great player but wedging 50mil out on one player , dont think thats for us ATM, leave that to the rich boys playtime teams where the balance sheets dont matter. Oh and talking about balancing the books i've got a sneaking feeling that the spec' is right and Parkers gonna go during the window, he's 32 and i reckon if we were offered our money bac 5 mil ish we'd take it, I hope i'm wrong, he's still more than useful. but watched the qpr game at the weekend, and they are so crying out for someone like him.

If we do get a striker, i'de hope that there would be better value than the supposed 50 mill they are asking, and getting that value for money should be, hopefully, one of the advantages of having a 'European' coach, he's a great player but wedging 50mil out on one player , dont think thats for us ATM, leave that to the rich boys playtime teams where the balance sheets dont matter. Oh and talking about balancing the books i've got a sneaking feeling that the spec' is right and Parkers gonna go during the window, he's 32 and i reckon if we were offered our money bac 5 mil ish we'd take it, I hope i'm wrong, he's still more than useful. but watched the qpr game at the weekend, and they are so crying out for someone like him.

I also think that it's a possibility that if we're offered the £5M we payed for him, Levy would consider it, i hope it doesn't happen cos

Parker is worth more to the team than £5M and could have another 3 seasons left in him.

I also think that it's a possibility that if we're offered the £5M we payed for him, Levy would consider it, i hope it doesn't happen cos

Parker is worth more to the team than £5M and could have another 3 seasons left in him.

Agreed, and i'de love him to last for 3 seasons ide be more than hapi with a couple, but IMO levy will be working on the same lines as he was with van der vart!!! age, length of contract, when he can move for nish ect ect, and you know as well as I do what levy's like when it comes to getting his money back. let's hope we're both wrong.

Edited by rijit

Not a chance of him going !

I think the "Moutinho situation" if there is one is the key to who stays. I would be very pissed off if Parker went but getting back 5m for a 32 year old when you've just had to splash out 25m might appeal to Levy. If he shows good sense he'll off the likes of Jenas and Bentley instead. That will also take 140 p/w off the wage bill on top of the transfer price.

My own opinion for what its worth is we will keep Parker and we won't be signing Moutinho who's the one player, along with a striker that we really need.

I think the "Moutinho situation" if there is one is the key to who stays. I would be very pissed off if Parker went but getting back 5m for a 32 year old when you've just had to splash out 25m might appeal to Levy. If he shows good sense he'll off the likes of Jenas and Bentley instead. That will also take 140 p/w off the wage bill on top of the transfer price.

My own opinion for what its worth is we will keep Parker and we won't be signing Moutinho who's the one player, along with a striker that we really need.

I think they will keep him even if they get Moutinho !

Please please please Avb / Levy buy us a decent all round centre forward in Jan !

Round enough for you......maybe he could come out of retirement for half a season?

ronaldo-fat.jpg

He'll be alright for you o's at you're new stadium, you'll be so far away from play you wont notice the extra weight !

Edited by rijit

Please please please Avb / Levy buy us a decent all round centre forward in Jan !

Round enough for you......maybe he could come out of retirement for half a season?

ronaldo-fat.jpg

He'll be alright for you o's at you're new stadium, you'll be so far away from play you wont notice the extra weight !

laugh.png You mean the stadium that little O's put a thorn in the side of Spurs and West Ham?

ronaldo-fat.jpg

laugh.png You mean the stadium that little O's put a thorn in the side of Spurs and West Ham?

Could be mate, if it's the one that Hearn reckons is gonna put you out of business, were on the same wavelength..

With BAE and Bale back on the left and Vertonghen playing regularly in the middle.....Parker/Sandro and Dembele further forward things are beginning to look good.

Yes they are and there was an article in the Guardian a couple of days ago saying just that. Add to that our best central defender of last season returning in about three weeks. If we pull Danny Rose back we have excellent cover throughout the defence now.

We still need a couple of signings but i'm not very hopeful about a striker. We won't be able to pay the wages for who's supposedly on offer. I'll be very happy if these rumours about Strurridge going to Liverpool are true. id rather stick to what we have than waste 70k p/w on that clown. Equally i'd still be pleased with Demba Ba and the timing seems right what with him not seeing eye to eye with "long ball" Newcastle!

With BAE and Bale back on the left and Vertonghen playing regularly in the middle.....Parker/Sandro and Dembele further forward things are beginning to look good.

Yes they are and there was an article in the Guardian a couple of days ago saying just that. Add to that our best central defender of last season returning in about three weeks. If we pull Danny Rose back we have excellent cover throughout the defence now.

We still need a couple of signings but i'm not very hopeful about a striker. We won't be able to pay the wages for who's supposedly on offer. I'll be very happy if these rumours about Strurridge going to Liverpool are true. id rather stick to what we have than waste 70k p/w on that clown. Equally i'd still be pleased with Demba Ba and the timing seems right what with him not seeing eye to eye with "long ball" Newcastle!

Been reading that Ba might be off to the gooners, perhaps he likes a bit of peace and quiet !

Edited by alfieconn

Been reading that Ba might be off to the gooners, perhaps he likes a bit of peace and quiet !

Well theres also the Llorente talk. Others disagree but i've never seen him as anything more than a decent player but certainly not good enough to match his ludicrous wages. So i suppose he'll be going to one of the usual suspects and i doubt Arsenal would pay his wages either so Ba would suit them aswell. especially as Wenger still doesn't seem to feel the need to strengthen his midfield!

Tough Europa draw, lyon !!!! If I could have picked teams they would probably have been amongst the ones I would have liked to avoid, still, by mid feb our squad , hopefully should be bac to full strength and match fit, so you never know.

Took your time,crazy.gif but I'm Glad to see you've had a bit of a change of heart about AE being our best option down the left wai2.gif

You get plenty of that on Channel 5, don't you.

Took your time,crazy.gif but I'm Glad to see you've had a bit of a change of heart about AE being our best option down the left wai2.gif

Best of poor options. BAE is OK....but makes defensive mistakes and some wild passes at times.

I'd prefer to see a replacement.

Best of poor options. BAE is OK....but makes defensive mistakes and some wild passes at times.

I'd prefer to see a replacement.

No. i'm not saying for an instant that BAE is really any good but he is "probably" the 2nd best option being that we need Vertoghen in the middle.

Problem with BAE is that he's always giving away possession by booting stupid long passes upfield.

One bright spot is that Rose seems to be playing very well for Sunderland