Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Ooch! that hurt boys didn't it biggrin.png

What hurts is WBA sticking it up you for no points. Funny as <deleted>. I mentioned at the beginning of the season it would be a two horse race.... Spurs or Chelsea for the title. On yesterday's showing the prediction looks good.

What hurts is WBA sticking it up you for no points. Funny as <deleted>. I mentioned at the beginning of the season it would be a two horse race.... Spurs or Chelsea for the title. On yesterday's showing the prediction looks good.

On your lines of predictions then surely Southampton look good!

This season will be the best season ever i predict with a lot of teams taking points from the so called big boys even Liverpool have a chance if Suarez keeps his head down and plays football,United will click sooner or later no doubt about it ...to many good players not to. wai2.gif

This season will be the best season ever i predict with a lot of teams taking points from the so called big boys even Liverpool have a chance if Suarez keeps his head down and plays football,United will click sooner or later no doubt about it ...to many good players not to. wai2.gif

As I said on the other thread, Rooney is already sharpening his machete. He will lead the dressing room revolt and Moyes will end up managing in Div2 in Scotland IF he is lucky.

There you go...the argentine at Southampton's a better manager that Moyes too. biggrin.png

There you go...the argentine at Southampton's a better manager that Moyes too. biggrin.png

+1

And half a dozen more.

Maybe his language is easier to understand. laugh.png

Soldado was crap.

In fairness, my commentator said that all of the goals he scored last season came from inside the box.

So he's the tiny totts answer to Franny Jeffers.

thumbsup.gif

Left you a message on the ARSE thread.... Now trot off there's a good chap

N. London Essex / Hertfordshire small club trying to box above their weight wannabee chavs 1

SW London / Surrey and the rest of the glory hunting only sing when your winning chavs 1

great result for the Arsenal ! biggrin.png

not bad in the first half spuds, but i have said it before and will say it again i think your manager is suspect and doesn't fully know what he wants and know what he is doing.

<deleted> your 1 - 0 at home and you let Chelski come on to you and boss the midfield all the way through the 2nd half up until Torres got sent off.

all credit to Jose for making the changes at half time, but really <deleted> was your manager thinking ? where was the holding midfielder to sure things up and stop them playing.

i did try and warn you before about this sort of thing happening and you lot just scoffed at the observation.

the only thing they could do was commit foal after foal. how many yellows did Dean dish out in the 2nd half ? clap2.gif

you were lucky to get a point out of that one, whether you think Torres should have walked earlier or not. Chelsea and Jose had you lot in their back pocket and you know it.

and funny how it all went quiet until the last 10 minutes of the game, hey ?

where"s you stats and figures now Alfie, or was i watching a totally different game ? wink.png

I havn't mentioned the game so who was you watching a totally different game too Numpty.

is that your new favorite word now alfie or do you see yourself as some kind talksport royalty now with your so called words of wisdom ? rolleyes.gif

N. London Essex / Hertfordshire small club trying to box above their weight wannabee chavs 1

SW London / Surrey and the rest of the glory hunting only sing when your winning chavs 1

not bad in the first half spuds, but i have said it before and will say it again i think your manager is suspect and doesn't fully know what he wants and know what he is doing.

<deleted> your 1 - 0 at home and you let Chelski come on to you and boss the midfield all the way through the 2nd half up until Torres got sent off.

all credit to Jose for making the changes at half time, but really <deleted> was your manager thinking ? where was the holding midfielder to sure things up and stop them playing.

i did try and warn you before about this sort of thing happening and you lot just scoffed at the observation.

the only thing they could do was commit foal after foal. how many yellows did Dean dish out in the 2nd half ? clap2.gif

you were lucky to get a point out of that one, whether you think Torres should have walked earlier or not. Chelsea and Jose had you lot in their back pocket and you know it.

where"s you stats and figures now Alfie, or was i watching a totally different game ? wink.png

I havn't mentioned the game so who was you watching a totally different game too Numpty.

is that your new favorite word now alfie or do you see yourself as some kind talksport royalty now with your so called words of wisdom ? rolleyes.gif

Just answer the quesion Numpty biggrin.png

And now the fighting can begin. :-)

My take.

Torres shouldn't have been sent off. Second half Chelsea looked the better team until the Torres incident. Eriksen was nothing special, but I liked the look of Dembele and Lloris is a quality keeper. Soldado was anonymous. Torres looked much better, Mata changes Chelsea's attacking threat massively and was also quite defensive today.

Overall I can't complain with a draw after we were down to 10 men and away from home.

How about making a comparison with Oscar and Hazard who played in the same position !

Liked the look of Dembele biggrin.png he was man of the match by a long way laugh.png

Did you make the comparison mjj ?

you know your right alfie you haven't mentioned the game.

like in the past and on so many different occasions you spuds like to do all your talking prior to the game and before a ball has been kicked !

don't ya ? whistling.gifwink.png

you know your right alfie you haven't mentioned the game.

like in the past and on so many different occasions you spuds like to do all your talking prior to the game and before a ball has been kicked !

don't ya ? whistling.gifwink.png

Ok facepalm.giffacepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Soldado was crap.

In fairness, my commentator said that all of the goals he scored last season came from inside the box.

So he's the tiny totts answer to Franny Jeffers.

thumbsup.gif

Thats where 95% of a forwards goals should come from surely facepalm.gif

Actually I think with Jeffers it was that high as well.

whistling.gif

Well now i'd had time to digest the result i'm rather upbeat because i never realised we were so good as to be able to leave 30m of game changing talent sitting on the bench twiddling his thumbs and at the same time offer their defense the security of having Jermaine Defoe on the pitch making a <deleted> of himself again. Totally out of his league against a top four side. Doesn't get the time he needs which the likes of Tromso and Villa reserves offer in abundance

Very good first half, Dembele outstanding, second half very disappointing, outplayed on the pitch out thought on the management side.

And yes, i still think our sweeper keeper is the best in the league!

Not such a disaster baring in mind other results.

Defoe was a lot more dangerous than Soldado in his 15mins? Granted he they were down to 10 men for some of than but even before than he was. Barring a lay of for the assist I didn't even realize Soldado was playing. You obviously don't agree?

I think you mean he created the myth of danger. In truth he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo at this level.

I wouldn't be surprised mind if he scored a hatful of goals in the europa

"myth of danger"???

Take your point that against the top sides his scoring record isn't as good as he shows against weaker teams and in other comps but i still think he had more "myth of danger" about him than Soldado yesterday.

Morning gentlemen

Been too busy to blog as have been recovering from my usual Saturday/Sunday football hangoverburp.gif ....

I thought the game was exciting for the neutral, as both halves were full of pace and movement. Pleased with the first half, naturally, not with the second. As one football writer pointed out, when we started to lose the midfield, Sandro should have ben introduced for one of the wingers to restore parity, maybe AVB got that one wrong, but i'm not complaining.

Now, Soldado !! Of the 7 summer signings, he looks very over priced to me, totally anonymous Saturday throughout the game, and i'm beginning to wish we'd offered the 25 mil for Benteke.... Not one goal from open play in the PL, I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

My cup is still very much half full today....

Morning gentlemen

Been too busy to blog as have been recovering from my usual Saturday/Sunday football hangoverburp.gif ....

I thought the game was exciting for the neutral, as both halves were full of pace and movement. Pleased with the first half, naturally, not with the second. As one football writer pointed out, when we started to lose the midfield, Sandro should have ben introduced for one of the wingers to restore parity, maybe AVB got that one wrong, but i'm not complaining.

Now, Soldado !! Of the 7 summer signings, he looks very over priced to me, totally anonymous Saturday throughout the game, and i'm beginning to wish we'd offered the 25 mil for Benteke.... Not one goal from open play in the PL, I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

Looking forward to seeing Lamela get up to speed, Lennon and Capoue back from injury, and a hungry Ade back to give more options up front.

Morning gentlemen

Looking forward to seeing Lamela get up to speed, Lennon and Capoue back from injury, and a hungry Ade back to give more options up front.

You hit the nail on the head Nick, we lost the midfield battle, not because Chelsea were better, but because Ericksen and Townsend were on yellow cards and they started to stand off from being fully committed - totally understandable. Sandro, Holtby and Lamela on all at half time would have been the way to go, but hindsight is a wonderful thing and something AVB cannot call on during a game. Still a good point any way you look at it. no looking back, we have to annihilate West Ham on Sunday to maintain the fine momentum to date.

Sandro should have ben introduced for one of the wingers to restore parity, maybe AVB got that one wrong, but i'm not complaining.

I'm always happy when I see Sandro on your team sheet. He's utter rubbish.

I heard you say this before and it still sounds just as stupid. So, without further a do go check out his stats last season prior to the injury and you'll see what a load of <deleted> you're talking

• Like 1

Sandro should have ben introduced for one of the wingers to restore parity, maybe AVB got that one wrong, but i'm not complaining.

I heard you say this before and it still sounds just as stupid. So, without further a do go check out his stats last season prior to the injury and you'll see what a load of <deleted> you're talking

Why would I bother doing that? I know he's shit. He's like your Robbie Savage. Runs around a lot. Tries to kick people. Gets booked. Spends the rest of the game sulking.

wink.png

Why would I bother doing that? I know he's shit. He's like your Robbie Savage. Runs around a lot. Tries to kick people. Gets booked. Spends the rest of the game sulking.

wink.png

carry on pal, you sound a right clown! Typical clueless plastic gooner.

• Like 1