Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I think most teams have a lot of games in December and that is why we have squads to cover for the inevitable injuries carmine.wink.png

You make it sound like your team is being hard done by?.....i wonder why biggrin.png

Don't forget its only been your managing thats been whining about the fixture list. Apart from that, just another stupid Mr Ed post is all.

biggrin.png

"When so many clubs find themselves in a saturated season in december we have 9 games in 28 days"

Are you not whining also? wink.png

I think most teams have a lot of games in December and that is why we have squads to cover for the inevitable injuries carmine.wink.png

You make it sound like your team is being hard done by?.....i wonder why biggrin.png

Don't forget its only been your managing thats been whining about the fixture list. Apart from that, just another stupid Mr Ed post is all.

biggrin.png

"When so many clubs find themselves in a saturated season in december we have 9 games in 28 days"

Are you not whining also? wink.png

I'm merely stating that these meaningless int'l friendlies are a waste of time and are further clogging up a congested season.

Get it now?

I got it a long time ago old bean....similar to Moyes stating we had a difficult start to the season......which we did have...dead simple init!

If you want to be a successful club you get this congestion fighting on all fronts that is why i also referred to the squad usage after the injuries we all pick up.

Are you still in the Capital Cup as well?

edit:: yes you are

The draw for Round 5 of the Capital One Cup is as follows:
Leicester City v Manchester City
Stoke City v Manchester United
Sunderland v Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United
All ties due to be played during the week commencing 16th December 2013.
Edited by MrRed

I got it a long time ago old bean....similar to Moyes stating we had a difficult start to the season......which we did have...dead simple init!

If you want to be a successful club you get this congestion fighting on all fronts that is why i also referred to the squad usage after the injuries we all pick up.

Sunderland v Chelsea

You didn't have a particularly difficult start to the season. You just played very poorly. Theres a difference. Stop whining.

The capital draw was made ages ago. Old news. Why bring that up?

Sunderland v Chelsea

You didn't have a particularly difficult start to the season. You just played very poorly. Theres a difference. Stop whining.

The capital draw was made ages ago. Old news. Why bring that up?

It was a difficult start to the season old boy .....are you losing your marbles? I agree we played poorly at City but i really don't think you saw the other games did you! rolleyes.gif

I brought the Capital cup up because i knew it would annoy you smile.png it is one of your games in December btw.

• Like 1

Eriksen out for 4-6 weeks with ligament damage and all because of a meaningless int'l friendly.

When so many clubs find themselves in a saturated season (in december we have 9 games in 28 days) why are these pointless extra fixtures being thrown on us?

Time for a certain young lad to step up to the plate and show us what all the hypes about...that is of course if AVB picks him, although fan pressure to pick him must be getting throughwink.png

Here's Lamela's shot to impress. If AVB doesn't set him free now when will he ?

Can Spurs play Lamela and Dembele at the same time ? A big physical presence coupled with a lightweight but skillful goal scorer ?

Thinking out loud.coffee1.gif

Can't see why you would ask that question jd, lamela plays in the attacking mid 3 and Dembele in the def 2 mid facepalm.gif

Eriksen out for 4-6 weeks with ligament damage and all because of a meaningless int'l friendly.

When so many clubs find themselves in a saturated season (in december we have 9 games in 28 days) why are these pointless extra fixtures being thrown on us?

Time for a certain young lad to step up to the plate and show us what all the hypes about...that is of course if AVB picks him, although fan pressure to pick him must be getting throughwink.png

Here's Lamela's shot to impress. If AVB doesn't set him free now when will he ?

Can Spurs play Lamela and Dembele at the same time ? A big physical presence coupled with a lightweight but skillful goal scorer ?

Thinking out loud.coffee1.gif

Can't see why you would ask that question jd, lamela plays in the attacking mid 3 and Dembele in the def 2 mid facepalm.gif

You are correct sir. I haven't watched Spurs in a while and I thought Dembele was farther forward.

I must apologize Alfie for adding another headache.tongue.png

I think most teams have a lot of games in December and that is why we have squads to cover for the inevitable injuries carmine.Posted Image

You make it sound like your team is being hard done by?.....i wonder why Posted Image

We are taking over rwd noses role this season Nads! :D

Meanwhile could our mods remove some of the crap from this thread....you know the drivel we are all now choosing to ignore. ;)

Sunderland v Chelsea

You didn't have a particularly difficult start to the season.  You just played very poorly.  Theres a difference.  Stop whining.

The capital draw was made ages ago.  Old news.  Why bring that up?

Wait till RVP gets injured....the tears will begin....rivers of em....think the Ganges! :lol:

We are taking over rwd noses role this season Nads! biggrin.png

Meanwhile could our mods remove some of the crap from this thread....you know the drivel we are all now choosing to ignore. wink.png

I reckon spurs would be top of the prem now if they hadn't of managed to convince Real that bale was world class.He was good at spurs mind ,but then again I'd look good playing at whl all considered!

Just so people understand when they keep talking about how much money we've spent :

Summer 2013 Net Spend
Created with Highcharts 3.0.7Manchester City - £86mChelsea - £60.7mSouthampton - £37.5mArsenal - £32.4mManchester United - £28.9mCardiff City - £25.1mWest Ham United - £21.5mNorwich City - £20.97mLiverpool - £19.3mSwansea City - £19.25mCrystal Palace - £16.6mAston Villa - £16.5mEverton - £12.5mHull City - £9.95mWest Bromwich Albion - £9.5mFulham - £8.03mSunderland - £7.38mStoke City - £5mNewcastle United - £-1.1mTottenham - £-3.08m

Just so people understand when they keep talking about how much money we've spent :

Summer 2013 Net Spend

Created with Highcharts 3.0.7Manchester City - £86mChelsea - £60.7mSouthampton - £37.5mArsenal - £32.4mManchester United - £28.9mCardiff City - £25.1mWest Ham United - £21.5mNorwich City - £20.97mLiverpool - £19.3mSwansea City - £19.25mCrystal Palace - £16.6mAston Villa - £16.5mEverton - £12.5mHull City - £9.95mWest Bromwich Albion - £9.5mFulham - £8.03mSunderland - £7.38mStoke City - £5mNewcastle United - £-1.1mTottenham - £-3.08m

How ironic that a banner at WHL states, 'The Game is About Glory', yet Spurs fans go on about money. Seems yids is the correct nickname.

Different figures to yours on net spend.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Still, you have the fifth most valuable squad, so fifth must be your minimum target this year.

Summer 2013 Net Spend

Nice one mate but i'll guarrantee they'll all be ignoring this post! Its just not what they want to hear biggrin.png

Summer 2013 Net Spend

How ironic that a banner at WHL states, 'The Game is About Glory', yet Spurs fans go on about money. Seems yids is the correct nickname.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Still, you have the fifth most valuable squad, so fifth must be your minimum target this year.

You're beginning to sound like a right plonker Mjj. And rather than have your usual hissy fit, how a retraction for that very ill advised first sentence, you idiot.

• Like 1

Summer 2013 Net Spend

To be fair mjj no one knows the exact amounts of transfers !!!! if they were made for public domain then everyone would be working off the same figs !

This was the website by the way http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/topic/premier-league/

Edited by alfieconn

Tottenham Hotspur badge: Fleet Spurs made to change their badge after 'heavy handed' approach from Tottenham

Tottenham Hotspur have forced community club Fleet Spurs to change their badge, as they sensed a bit of fowl play.

The Wessex League Division One club, though, said the felt "intimidated" from Tottenham’s lawyers "heavy handed" approach to make them remove the cockerel from their logo, as they said it was too similar to the one on the Premier League club’s crest.

Tottenham said they had to protect the club's identity.

Fleet Spurs were set up in 1948 in tribute to the north London side by three supporters of the north London team, but there are no official links between the clubs.

Tottenham will allow the Hampshire club to keep the cockerel until they next change their kit.

A Spurs spokesman said: "If we do not take action to stop Fleet Spurs using our cockerel logo, it can undermine our ability to stop other unauthorised people who use our logo for commercial purposes, such as counterfeiters.

"We are very conscious that Fleet Spurs is a grassroots club. For this reason we have been very careful not to ask them to do anything that might incur costs.

"It was always the club’s approach to deal with this matter amicably and with a large dose of common sense."

Bryan Sheppard, chairman of Fleet Spurs, said: "We haven't got a penny to our name; we couldn't afford to fight it.

"It's been quite stressful, we just felt really intimidated by the heavy-handed approach.

Nice one Spurs !!!! coffee1.gif

BTbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Summer 2013 Net Spend

Nice one mate but i'll guarrantee they'll all be ignoring this post! Its just not what they want to hear biggrin.png

As per usual you are totally missing the point facepalm.gif selling one player for a colossal 85 million and replacing him with 7? very average players and missing the opportunity that this money brought to you is the point mate......after all you are not any better than last season are you??

Gareth Bale scored goals and you never bought anybody to replace those goals i think that your highest goalscorer this season is the Penalty isn't it ..........that is just not what you want to hear is it! whistling.gif

Not ignored chaps just so that you understand no Champions League and AVB is a gooner.

Anyway big game at the weekend and i hope you win biggrin.png

• Like 1

Apparently local kids have been told that if they want a new football for christmas they should wait outside the Park Lane and Paxton Road when Defoe comes on.

That is a callous slur on Soldaddudo's talents if you ask me.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chicog

Summer 2013 Net Spend

You're beginning to sound like a right plonker Mjj. And rather than have your usual hissy fit, how a retraction for that very ill advised first sentence, you idiot.

<deleted> are you going on about??

Jaysus!!!

Jewish academics say it is not a racist slur, David Cameron says it is not a racist slur, Spurs fans sing it, yet to the members of Thai Visa footy forum it is the same a the N word.

Hello, my name is <insert name> and I am offended on the behalf of <insert anything you like> and I must write to Points of View about these terrible people.

Edit, I guess writing Jaysus is offending the Christian community???

Edited by mjj
  • Like 1

I said

Just so people understand when they keep talking about how much money we've spent

mjj said

So where do Spurs fans go on about money and what is it they are saying ? perhaps i have missed something facepalm.gif

Summer 2013 Net Spend

Talking about how little money you spent Alfie or justifying how shit your buys where? 85 Million whistling.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gif

Jaysus!!!

Jewish academics say it is not a racist slur, David Cameron says it is not a racist slur, Spurs fans sing it, yet to the members of Thai Visa footy forum it is the same a the N word.

Hello, my name is <insert name> and I am offended on the behalf of <insert anything you like> and I must write to Points of View about these terrible people.

Edit, I guess writing Jaysus is offending the Christian community???

where to begin. the jewish people / greedy and money-obsessed stereotype was the particularly offensive bit of what you posted you berk.

but then if you're citing david cameron as a guardian and judge of equality and impartiality i'm not surprised you weren't able to see that.

there's nobody called 'jaysus' in the bible by the way.

Summer 2013 Net Spend

Not ignored, I think that Liverpools 20million is looking like value for money with our position at the moment. tongue.png

Summer 2013 Net Spend

Not ignored, I think that Liverpools 20million is looking like value for money with our position at the moment. tongue.png

Not too sure about that YB, think you'd be in the same position even if you didn't spend any money !

Edited by alfieconn