Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just so people understand when they keep talking about how much money we've spent :

Summer 2013 Net Spend
Created with Highcharts 3.0.7Manchester City - £86mChelsea - £60.7mSouthampton - £37.5mArsenal - £32.4mManchester United - £28.9mCardiff City - £25.1mWest Ham United - £21.5mNorwich City - £20.97mLiverpool - £19.3mSwansea City - £19.25mCrystal Palace - £16.6mAston Villa - £16.5mEverton - £12.5mHull City - £9.95mWest Bromwich Albion - £9.5mFulham - £8.03mSunderland - £7.38mStoke City - £5mNewcastle United - £-1.1mTottenham - £-3.08m

Nice one mate but i'll guarrantee they'll all be ignoring this post! Its just not what they want to hear biggrin.png

Not ignored, I think that Liverpools 20million is looking like value for money with our position at the moment. tongue.png

Not too sure about that YB, think you'd be in the same position even if you didn't spend any money !

Fair point, improved our squad and that could come into play. Have to wait and see come May.

Can I go back to January, now we definitely got value for money in Sturridge and Coutinho.

Jaysus!!!

Jewish academics say it is not a racist slur, David Cameron says it is not a racist slur, Spurs fans sing it, yet to the members of Thai Visa footy forum it is the same a the N word.

Hello, my name is <insert name> and I am offended on the behalf of <insert anything you like> and I must write to Points of View about these terrible people.

Edit, I guess writing Jaysus is offending the Christian community???

where to begin. the jewish people / greedy and money-obsessed stereotype was the particularly offensive bit of what you posted you berk.

but then if you're citing david cameron as a guardian and judge of equality and impartiality i'm not surprised you weren't able to see that.

there's nobody called 'jaysus' in the bible by the way.

Maybe you're right, doesn't stop my Israeli Jewish neighbour making remarks about him being tight fisted in a humourous way. I guess he doesn't know how offensive he is to himself................anyone one else you want to be offended for you PC berk?? :-)

Edited by mjj

Any truth in this down at the lane?

Newcastle and Aston Villa interested in wantaway Tottenham midfielder Dembele http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/443583/Newcastle-and-Aston-Villa-interested-in-wantaway-Tottenham-midfielder-Dembele

Has he "issued a come-and-get-me-plea" yet?

Mind you, if he's getting dropped for Sandro I wouldn't blame him.

wink.png

Edited by Chicog

Just so people understand when they keep talking about how much money we've spent :

Summer 2013 Net Spend
Created with Highcharts 3.0.7Manchester City - £86mChelsea - £60.7mSouthampton - £37.5mArsenal - £32.4mManchester United - £28.9mCardiff City - £25.1mWest Ham United - £21.5mNorwich City - £20.97mLiverpool - £19.3mSwansea City - £19.25mCrystal Palace - £16.6mAston Villa - £16.5mEverton - £12.5mHull City - £9.95mWest Bromwich Albion - £9.5mFulham - £8.03mSunderland - £7.38mStoke City - £5mNewcastle United - £-1.1mTottenham - £-3.08m

Talking about how little money you spent Alfie or justifying how shit your buys where? 85 Million whistling.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gif

I don't see how balancing the books makes any difference. If you spend money then you spend money and you are expected to get value for that money. Unless you own City or Chelsea, for them it is just like throwing enough shit at a wall

Jaysus!!!

Jewish academics say it is not a racist slur, David Cameron says it is not a racist slur, Spurs fans sing it, yet to the members of Thai Visa footy forum it is the same a the N word.

Hello, my name is <insert name> and I am offended on the behalf of <insert anything you like> and I must write to Points of View about these terrible people.

where to begin. the jewish people / greedy and money-obsessed stereotype was the particularly offensive bit of what you posted you berk.

but then if you're citing david cameron as a guardian and judge of equality and impartiality i'm not surprised you weren't able to see that.

Maybe you're right, doesn't stop my Israeli Jewish neighbour making remarks about him being tight fisted in a humourous way. I guess he doesn't know how offensive he is to himself................anyone one else you want to be offended for you PC berk?? :-)

*sigh*

yes, he's offending himself. well done genius.

Jaysus!!!

I am more offended that you didn't put more effort into your troll......but in the interests of solidarity and hatred of all things blue with a capital B from now on you may only refer to us as Yeeds.

Newcastle and Aston Villa interested in wantaway Tottenham midfielder Dembele http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/443583/Newcastle-and-Aston-Villa-interested-in-wantaway-Tottenham-midfielder-Dembele

Could well be. They'll be a few more suitors other than those two. Ferguson, for example was reportedly a big fan of Dembele, well, you know, in a fergie tapping up type way!!

Can't see us selling him without a replacement because you might be aware that were not scoring too many at the moment and need that creative spark.

I've read Napoli are interested but it can't be as a goal scoring midfielder. He's scored 2 in 61 matches for us!

I'm happy for him to go if Baldini has a replacement in mind

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Could well be. They'll be a few more suitors other than those two. Ferguson, for example was reportedly a big fan of Dembele, well, you know, in a fergie tapping up type way!!

Can't see us selling him without a replacement because you might be aware that were not scoring too many at the moment and need that creative spark.

I've read Napoli are interested but it can't be as a goal scoring midfielder. He's scored 2 in 61 matches for us!

Load of &lt;deleted&gt; if you ask me, apparently he's not happy that he ain't playing, well he's played 8 league games out of 11 !!!

• Like 1

Load of &lt;deleted&gt; if you ask me, apparently he's not happy that he ain't playing, well he's played 8 league games out of 11 !!!

Maybe because you are playing Shxt and the Shxt is hitting the hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.giggle.gif

BT coffee1.gif

Maybe because you are playing Shxt and the Shxt is hitting the hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.giggle.gif

BT coffee1.gif

How can we be playing shit if we have only conceded 6 goals ?

• Like 1

I like Dembele, strong, skillful and always thought he had the ability to steam forward, but not often enough.

Are you saying Baldini chooses the players and not AVB?

I like Dembele, strong, skillful and always thought he had the ability to steam forward, but not often enough.

Are you saying Baldini chooses the players and not AVB?

No

• Like 1

BT coffee1.gif

So are you happy being the new Arsenal?

I think playing football you are not even near how you played last year and you cannot score! happy with how you are playing are you? of course you are not so stop being so defensive personally and as a team.biggrin.png

BT coffee1.gif

So are you happy being the new Arsenal?

I think playing football you are not even near how you played last year and you cannot score! happy with how you are playing are you? of course you are not so stop being so defensive personally and as a team.biggrin.png

Red, you have a very short memory ! we didn't play great football last year and this year isn't a lot different apart from we are letting a lot less goals in.

Incidently after 11 games last year we had 17 points.

I think Avb's thinking this year is to keep it tight at the back until everyone gets bedded in and then be a bit more expansive in the second half of the season.

• Like 1

Red, you have a very short memory ! we didn't play great football last year and this year isn't a lot different apart from we are letting a lot less goals in.

I think Avb's thinking this year is to keep it tight at the back until everyone gets bedded in and then be a bit more expansive in the second half of the season.

Soldaddudo reminds me of Diego Forlán

10 goals in 63 appearances for Man Utd and then 108 in 240 when he went to Spain.

Having said that, every striker needs a season to bed into the Premiership, especially if they're coming from Latin football where the languid style of play allows more time on the ball and falling over a lot.

10 goals in 63 appearances for Man Utd and then 108 in 240 when he went to Spain.

Having said that, every striker needs a season to bed into the Premiership, especially if they're coming from Latin football where the languid style of play allows more time on the ball and falling over a lot.

That's a bold statement

• Like 1

Except Torres who had one great season and then turned into a flop.

Mind you that new streamlined look has him firing....proper pocket Mourinho he looks like now.....

Were not getting the ball into the box enough. Simple as that. Last season we scored less goals from inside the box than any team other than QPR. This season so far shows little difference. Townsend who is supposed to be crossing to him has taken 45 shots on goal, scoring once and subsequently admitted it was supposed to be a cross. We bought Soldado knowing his main strength was poaching in the box and we are doing little to help him.

So i'm sure you can understand why were getting rather irked by all the &lt;deleted&gt; posted on here about him. Anyone currently hailing the guy as a flop is simply showing a desperate lack of an understanding of the game.

I don't actually think he needs that much time to bed in. Its more a case of the midfield offering some decent opportunities. He's had a couple where he was out of position but generally speaking the service to him has been piss poor as is reflected in our goal drought

• Like 1

One for the boys to digest.....

1. 1523:
    FOOTBALL

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has revealed Emmanuel Adebayorcould make his first appearance of the season at his former club Manchester City on Sunday.

"They [Roberto Soldado, Adebayor and Jermain Defoe) are very near each other at the moment and it could be a possibility that even Ade could play that game," he says.

"These are all decisions that we have to take. We don't have enough reasons at the moment not to trust Soldado and Defoe because they've been excellent. Hopefully it's a decision that's best for the team and best for the strategy."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by MrRed

Were not getting the ball into the box enough. Simple as that. Last season we scored less goals from inside the box than any team other than QPR. This season so far shows little difference. Townsend who is supposed to be crossing to him has taken 45 shots on goal, scoring once and subsequently admitted it was supposed to be a cross. We bought Soldado knowing his main strength was poaching in the box and we are doing little to help him.

So i'm sure you can understand why were getting rather irked by all the &lt;deleted&gt; posted on here about him. Anyone currently hailing the guy as a flop is simply showing a desperate lack of an understanding of the game.

I don't actually think he needs that much time to bed in. Its more a case of the midfield offering some decent opportunities. He's had a couple where he was out of position but generally speaking the service to him has been piss poor as is reflected in our goal drought

That's why I used Forlan as an analogy. He wasn't a crap player, he just wasn't suited to the hustle and bustle of the Premier League.

That's why I used Forlan as an analogy. He wasn't a crap player, he just wasn't suited to the hustle and bustle of the Premier League.

One day in 2002 I will always remember he was well suited to playing against us and again in 2010, bastad

One for the boys to digest.....

1. 1523:
    FOOTBALL

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has revealed Emmanuel Adebayorcould make his first appearance of the season at his former club Manchester City on Sunday.

"They [Roberto Soldado, Adebayor and Jermain Defoe) are very near each other at the moment and it could be a possibility that even Ade could play that game," he says.

"These are all decisions that we have to take. We don't have enough reasons at the moment not to trust Soldado and Defoe because they've been excellent. Hopefully it's a decision that's best for the team and best for the strategy."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I'd like to see Adebayor and Soldado playing together. That combination might create more space but we still have to get the ball into the box!

• Like 1

^“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing.”

Being under pressure (or not) is your own reaction to any given situation you find yourself in...............In other words pressure is self inflicted.

• Like 1

Not ignored, I think that Liverpools 20million is looking like value for money with our position at the moment. tongue.png

Not too sure about that YB, think you'd be in the same position even if you didn't spend any money !

Fair point, improved our squad and that could come into play. Have to wait and see come May.

Can I go back to January, now we definitely got value for money in Sturridge and Coutinho.

To be fair YB, law of averages ses your going to get right sometimes whistling.gif

• Like 1

To be fair YB, law of averages ses your going to get right sometimes whistling.gif

Starting to think AVB might throw in a couple of selection surprises on sunday Alf. Any thoughts?

If the surprise is Lennon on the left i might end up launching my tele....