Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Carmine, I'm surprised you give Sherwood so much grief. I was in an out of watching your game, but whenever I watched a bit Spurs seemed to be on top. Tim slagged off the players after the Chelsea game (deservedly so - although maybe should have been more private) and against Arsenal they stepped up. I don't think it was tactics that let you down, it was the lack of quality.

I'm probably showing my frustration because in certain respects he's done alright and yes, we were on top for a lot of the game.

I just think TS needs more time to learn his trade, he's very raw and some of his decisions at key stages are wrong. We need a more experienced manager.

I think any manager that would have inherited this current squad wouldn't have done any better than TS has done.

As mjj says, there are too many players that lack the quality needed and only 6-7 that are good enough, in fairness to TS, he can only be properly judged if he's given the time to

bring his own group in, if not, then whoever Levy decides to bring in will need to do the same.

• Like 1

Carmine, I'm surprised you give Sherwood so much grief. I was in an out of watching your game, but whenever I watched a bit Spurs seemed to be on top. Tim slagged off the players after the Chelsea game (deservedly so - although maybe should have been more private) and against Arsenal they stepped up. I don't think it was tactics that let you down, it was the lack of quality.

I'm probably showing my frustration because in certain respects he's done alright and yes, we were on top for a lot of the game.

I just think TS needs more time to learn his trade, he's very raw and some of his decisions at key stages are wrong. We need a more experienced manager.

I think any manager that would have inherited this current squad wouldn't have done any better than TS has done.

As mjj says, there are too many players that lack the quality needed and only 6-7 that are good enough, in fairness to TS, he can only be properly judged if he's given the time to

bring his own group in, if not, then whoever Levy decides to bring in will need to do the same.

If we are so lacking in quality how come we have the best away record in the league?

Nice photo of the away end....

Bi3p_qRCIAAx4X-.jpg

yes you goalkeeper really is an absolute cock isn't he. whistling.gif

You raise a valid point carmine. He must have had his phone with him so he could play Candy Crush between Tottenham shots on goal.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

If we are so lacking in quality how come we have the best away record in the league?

OK i'll answer my own question!

Fact is if we did not have quality players then we wouldn't have the best away record in the league. Sorry but i don't really agree with any of your post but you are entitled to your opinion.

Yes we could do with a couple of signings to improve the squad balance. We also need players to recover from injuries but ultimately a better more experienced coach would get a hell of a lot more out of this squad.

I know you are genuine in your opinion but i'm afraid Ups is just jumping on the bandwagon with his rather silly trolling agenda on the Spurs thread as he's already been doing earlier today.

In short, he's the plonker, and not our 94th minute substitute whose 60 second contribution he questioned earlier todaysmile.png

OK i'll answer my own question!

Fact is if we did not have quality players then we wouldn't have the best away record in the league. Sorry but i don't really agree with any of your post but you are entitled to your opinion.

Yes we could do with a couple of signings to improve the squad balance. We also need players to recover from injuries but ultimately a better more experienced coach would get a hell of a lot more out of this squad.

I know you are genuine in your opinion but i'm afraid Ups is just jumping on the bandwagon with his rather silly trolling agenda on the Spurs thread as he's already been doing earlier today.

In short, he's the plonker, and not our 94th minute substitute whose 60 second contribution he questioned earlier todaysmile.png

Oh Carmen you really are like a little girl who has become obsessed with someone.

26 million pound GOALSCORER, 94th minute substitute, team is a goal down, fouls...gives possession away and gets booked in the bargain.....it's a comedy script writers dream laugh.png

Well I can't say I'm surprised....sheesh not a bad performance but more disappointment.

Sherwood will have to step down in the summer or he will be sacked.

Has all the look and feel of a caretaker manager....Bentaleb and no Paulinho.........

Edit......for fark sake.

Edited by smokie36

Well I can't say I'm surprised....sheesh not a bad performance but more disappointment.

Has all the look and feel of a caretaker manager....Bentaleb and no Paulinho.........

Edit......for fark sake.

I don't think he's one to step down lightly, he believes in what he's doing.

If he's replaced, I'll say it again any manager worth his salt will not want to work with too many players, that have already failed under two other managers, one being the great 'forward thinking' AVB.

Is Levy willing to splash the cash again?

Maybe, but I bet he'd want some return on his current investment, not that he could expect much.

We know the players worth keeping and the others will be in the summer sales.

Just noticed that the totts have a rather interesting home fixture against Soton next week. Not want you want on the back of four morale sapping defeats.

And I notice the club have got a new partner.... what is it you were saying about our 1000 pound SEASON tickets again?

cheesy.gif

Supporters have complained after the club joined forces with StubHub – an online marketplace where fans resell tickets.

They say the site, run by eBay, is being used as a glorified ticket touting service – with money grabbers asking as much as £1,150 for seats at today’s match.

Katrina Law of the Tottenham ­Hotspur Supporters’ Trust said: “It sticks in the throat a bit and we have gone to the club. We are against the club’s partnership with StubHub.

“Ticket prices for Premier League games are already astronomical from any club. Selling tickets at these prices is just craziness.

“Tottenham Hotspur are delighted to welcome StubHub as a Club Partner to work as our official ticket resale”

“The Arsenal game is one of the biggest games of our season and that’s why demand is so high.

“But at a time when a large core of our fans have already been priced out of ­going, this just adds insult to injury.”

The website carries an official ­message from Tottenham about the partnership, explaining they have signed a contract with StubHub for three years. It says: “Tottenham Hotspur are delighted to welcome StubHub as a Club Partner to work as our official ticket resale marketplace.

“This new system will provide our supporters with a safe and secure way to buy and sell tickets to matches at White Hart Lane, providing a benefit to One Hotspur Season Ticket Holders and ­allowing greater access to tickets for all supporters.”

A total of 723 tickets were still for sale yesterday for the 4pm Arsenal game.

A total of 723 tickets were still for sale yesterday for the 4pm Arsenal game. <--- I'm not surprised!

Edited by Chicog

No self destruct button pressed by our defence ,, thankfully. However, always felt that arsenal had another gear in their locker. Marked improvement from kaboul, stand by my LONG TERM veiw verity aint the best defender and was regulary bailed out by others and naughton just aint a top 4 squad player. Sure the arsewipes defended well , but we made It easy 4 their LARGE central defense who can eat x' s for breakfast,,, COMFORTABLY. As carm said at least they showed some spirit and although sherwood lacks in some depts., i LUV THE PASSION.

Edited by rijit

No self destruct button pressed by our defence ,, thankfully. However, always felt that arsenal had another gear in their locker. Marked improvement from kaboul, stand by my LONG TERM veiw verity aint the best defender and was regulary bailed out by others and naughton just aint a top 4 squad player. Sure the arsewipes defended well , but we made It easy 4 their LARGE central defense who can eat x' s for breakfast,,, COMFORTABLY. As carm said at least they showed some spirit and although sherwood lacks in some depts., i LUV THE PASSION.

B__ F______ G_____!

I'm still waiting to hear what you think about your club going into business with ticket touts....

whistling.gif

Was gonna say is because you havent been to Anfield yet matesmile.png but unfortunately Chicogs boys have you on goal difference (not surprising seeing as you cant score manybiggrin.png )

But he's lightweight as a manager.

His 'passion' is comparable to the 'stability' of Moyes.

Neither are top 4 managers.

Really, carms I'm hearing echos of a HUGE debate we had around avb, remember? give the man a chance,,,, he's our manager,,, stick by him, the

chavs were wrong ,,,,,,Blah blah blah,, so on that precedent mustang you could well be due at least a 1zgarz5.gif or even a p45 for that verbal

commitment,,,,,,, sallytongue.png And b4 you all tell me this is different,,,, STOP,,,,,,, cos it ain't wai2.gif Saying that i'de be surprised if he's there close

season , but until then,,,,, maybe a new song would helpguitar.gif

Can't see this happening myself : Dnipro president Igor Kolomoisky speaking

Not criticising Liverpool but if I’m interested in a player, like they were in final days, I’d do it on or two weeks before (the window closes).

I’m talking with Tottenham president (Daniel Levy). He wants Konoplyanka. We’re negotiating and we may even be close to signing a contract if Yevhen agrees.

If I was in Konoplyanka’s place I’d choose Tottenham. London, not Liverpool. Football is 90 minutes on the field, maybe two matches per week, but the rest of a footballer’s time should be living somewhere nice. London city life is preferable to Liverpool.

Negotiations with the Tottenham are on an entirely different level (to Liverpool’s) approach. Overall it’s all grown-up with an understanding of the interests of the player and the club.”

• Like 1

Edit......for fark sake.

I don't think he's one to step down lightly, he believes in what he's doing.

If he's replaced, I'll say it again any manager worth his salt will not want to work with too many players, that have already failed under two other managers, one being the great 'forward thinking' AVB.

Is Levy willing to splash the cash again?

Maybe, but I bet he'd want some return on his current investment, not that he could expect much.

We know the players worth keeping and the others will be in the summer sales.

Whispers at white hart lane suggest that sherwood will be sacked and Bruce Forsyth will be taking over in the summer

Jermain Defoe enjoyed the perfect start to life in Major League Soccer with two goals on his debut in Toronto's 2-1 win at the Seattle Sounders.

Shame he needed a compass to find the goal when he played for us

I see even Merson has joined the band of ( I call them )" wise after the eventers" to slag off Spurs summer signings, a true football expert would have the knowledge to slag then then off when first bought but i don't recall anyone doing that, now all the so called experts are coming out of the woodwork with their cheap shots.

It seems to me a lot people don't know the difference between a bad player and a player who is out of form, many players have struggled in their first season at a club but the so called experts seem to forget this !

If anyone can name one new Spurs signing of the 7 who came to the club without a decent cv I'd be surprised.

I see even Merson has joined the band of ( I call them )" wise after the eventers" to slag off Spurs summer signings, a true football expert would have the knowledge to slag then then off when first bought but i don't recall anyone doing that, now all the so called experts are coming out of the woodwork with their cheap shots.

It seems to me a lot people don't know the difference between a bad player and a player who is out of form, many players have struggled in their first season at a club but the so called experts seem to forget this !

If anyone can name one new Spurs signing of the 7 who came to the club without a decent cv I'd be surprised.

The only one i'm really disappointed with is obviously Soldado. Capoue i've been impressed with in the little we've seem of him due to some nasty injuries. Paulinho is adjusting to a very different league and will be an excellent signing. Lamela's been injured so the juries out. Chiriches is a perfectly adequate squad player. Eriksen is class and a snip at 12m. chadli hasn't been great bit for 7m i don't really see where we've gone wrong.

Theres been a lot of stupid stuff written about this, much of it by persons just wanting to have a pop, but the reality is that they should be given longer to shape up and we certainly don't need an illiterate, pea brained coke head like Merson to comment. Many a player has taken their first season in this league just to get with the pace and style of play. Unfortunately the comments made on here tend to be sniping ones rather than sensible well thought out critique.

Certain individuals just have an agenda and you are wasting your time talking common sense Alfie

Edited by carmine

The only one i'm really disappointed with is obviously Soldado. Capoue i've been impressed with in the little we've seem of him due to some nasty injuries. Paulinho is adjusting to a very different league and will be an excellent signing. Lamela's been injured so the juries out. Chiriches is a perfectly adequate squad player. Eriksen is class and a snip at 12m. chadli hasn't been great bit for 7m i don't really see where we've gone wrong.

Theres been a lot of stupid stuff written about this, much of it by persons just wanting to have a pop, but the reality is that they should be given longer to shape up and we certainly don't need an illiterate, pea brained coke head like Merson to comment. Many a player has taken their first season in this league just to get with the pace and style of play. Unfortunately the comments made on here tend to be sniping ones rather than sensible well thought out critique.

Certain individuals just have an agenda and you are wasting your time talking common sense Alfie

Some points made Carmine, but OTOH I don't think all the criticism is entirely misplaced or mean for the sake of being mean. Soldado has been a fish out of water, and even though injured, Lamela has, to this point, been a complete waste of money. But hey, Lamela may get it together eventually and possibly Soldado will come at least half good. But as you say the jury is out, though they may eventually come back with a verdict of guilty as charged. Time will tell, but I bet Levy is a very unhappy fellow with the on field reward for his money.

Some points made Carmine, but OTOH I don't think all the criticism is entirely misplaced or mean for the sake of being mean. Soldado has been a fish out of water, and even though injured, Lamela has, to this point, been a complete waste of money. But hey, Lamela may get it together eventually and possibly Soldado will come at least half good. But as you say the jury is out, though they may eventually come back with a verdict of guilty as charged. Time will tell, but I bet Levy is a very unhappy fellow with the on field reward for his money.

I'm not saying that some of the criticism isn't justified because it clearly is. I don't mind at all if criticism is sensible and constructive either. Unfortunately theres been little of that on here, just a load of intended purely to have a dig. i think you know what i mean because your posts are rather sensible JDbiggrin.png

btw, Lamela has been a waste of money because he has been injured most of the season. Lionel Messi would also be a waste of money if he could not play due to injury. Lamela's back injury is nearly sorted but theres no point rushing him back when our seasons effectively over

Edited by carmine

Not criticising Liverpool but if I’m interested in a player, like they were in final days, I’d do it on or two weeks before (the window closes).

I’m talking with Tottenham president (Daniel Levy). He wants Konoplyanka. We’re negotiating and we may even be close to signing a contract if Yevhen agrees.

If I was in Konoplyanka’s place I’d choose Tottenham. London, not Liverpool. Football is 90 minutes on the field, maybe two matches per week, but the rest of a footballer’s time should be living somewhere nice. London city life is preferable to Liverpool.

Negotiations with the Tottenham are on an entirely different level (to Liverpool’s) approach. Overall it’s all grown-up with an understanding of the interests of the player and the club.”

Well if he does come he will only be as good as the other ordinary muppets you bought last summer, difficult to attract talent outside the top 4

Well if he does come he will only be as good as the other ordinary muppets you bought last summer,

Whys that then ? after all you've done ok with suarez and sturridge !!!!