Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well I can't say I'm surprised....sheesh not a bad performance but more disappointment.

Sherwood will have to step down in the summer or he will be sacked.

Has all the look and feel of a caretaker manager....Bentaleb and no Paulinho.........

Edit......for fark sake.

I don't think he's one to step down lightly, he believes in what he's doing.

If he's replaced, I'll say it again any manager worth his salt will not want to work with too many players, that have already failed under two other managers, one being the great 'forward thinking' AVB.

Is Levy willing to splash the cash again?

Maybe, but I bet he'd want some return on his current investment, not that he could expect much.

We know the players worth keeping and the others will be in the summer sales.

Whispers at white hart lane suggest that sherwood will be sacked and Bruce Forsyth will be taking over in the summer

Good game, good game laugh.png

_45320329_bruce_forsyth_59bbc226.jpg

Jermain Defoe enjoyed the perfect start to life in Major League Soccer with two goals on his debut in Toronto's 2-1 win at the Seattle Sounders.

Shame he needed a compass to find the goal when he played for us

Load of old biased tosh as usual.

He became the fifth highest goalscorer in Tottenhams history in September 2013 and the club's highest goalscorer in European competitions in November 2013.......got anyone around who is going to match it?

Jermain Defoe enjoyed the perfect start to life in Major League Soccer with two goals on his debut in Toronto's 2-1 win at the Seattle Sounders.

He became the fifth highest goalscorer in Tottenhams history in September 2013 and the club's highest goalscorer in European competitions in November 2013.......got anyone around who is going to match it?

Do you remember how many premier league goals he scored for us last season? Heres a clue; do you have a couple of fingers

Defoe is very good playing against second rate opposition that allow him more space and time. However Alfie and i have been over this one so many times its boring and the thick lads at the back of the class can't seem to grasp it!!biggrin.png

Do you remember how many premier league goals he scored for us last season? Heres a clue; do you have a couple of fingers

Defoe is very good playing against second rate opposition that allow him more space and time. However Alfie and i have been over this one so many times its boring and the thick lads at the back of the class can't seem to grasp it!!biggrin.png

Need to concentrate on buying goalscorers then, don't you?

I see even Merson has joined the band of ( I call them )" wise after the eventers" to slag off Spurs summer signings, a true football expert would have the knowledge to slag then then off when first bought but i don't recall anyone doing that, now all the so called experts are coming out of the woodwork with their cheap shots.

It seems to me a lot people don't know the difference between a bad player and a player who is out of form, many players have struggled in their first season at a club but the so called experts seem to forget this !

If anyone can name one new Spurs signing of the 7 who came to the club without a decent cv I'd be surprised.

The only one i'm really disappointed with is obviously Soldado. Capoue i've been impressed with in the little we've seem of him due to some nasty injuries. Paulinho is adjusting to a very different league and will be an excellent signing. Lamela's been injured so the juries out. Chiriches is a perfectly adequate squad player. Eriksen is class and a snip at 12m. chadli hasn't been great bit for 7m i don't really see where we've gone wrong.

Theres been a lot of stupid stuff written about this, much of it by persons just wanting to have a pop, but the reality is that they should be given longer to shape up and we certainly don't need an illiterate, pea brained coke head like Merson to comment. Many a player has taken their first season in this league just to get with the pace and style of play. Unfortunately the comments made on here tend to be sniping ones rather than sensible well thought out critique.

Certain individuals just have an agenda and you are wasting your time talking common sense Alfie

Some points made Carmine, but OTOH I don't think all the criticism is entirely misplaced or mean for the sake of being mean. Soldado has been a fish out of water, and even though injured, Lamela has, to this point, been a complete waste of money. But hey, Lamela may get it together eventually and possibly Soldado will come at least half good. But as you say the jury is out, though they may eventually come back with a verdict of guilty as charged. Time will tell, but I bet Levy is a very unhappy fellow with the on field reward for his money.

your right jellydog in describing soldado as a fish out of water,Why cos where ever soldo's been succseful he"s NEVER played as a sole striker always as a pair so what does vb do?, yep and ??? games on well,, the rests history, aint rocket sciecnce is it. as for the rest, good footballers, most i can see stepping on chadle aint done enuf as a winger needs to actually start going by backs and tbh cant atm see where on the park lamela will settle . Edited by rijit

Right wing or behind the striker Rij Thats where he earn his reputation at Roma. Mindyou, apparently Sherwood is a big fan of Lennon and if Lennon plays it really has to be on the right because he's not been good when played on the left.

As far as playing behind the striker, i don't know about you but i like Eriksen up there.

Can't see this happening myself : Dnipro president Igor Kolomoisky speaking

Not criticising Liverpool but if I’m interested in a player, like they were in final days, I’d do it on or two weeks before (the window closes).

I’m talking with Tottenham president (Daniel Levy). He wants Konoplyanka. We’re negotiating and we may even be close to signing a contract if Yevhen agrees.

If I was in Konoplyanka’s place I’d choose Tottenham. London, not Liverpool. Football is 90 minutes on the field, maybe two matches per week, but the rest of a footballer’s time should be living somewhere nice. London city life is preferable to Liverpool.

Negotiations with the Tottenham are on an entirely different level (to Liverpool’s) approach. Overall it’s all grown-up with an understanding of the interests of the player and the club.”

Well if he does come he will only be as good as the other ordinary muppets you bought last summer,

Whys that then ? after all you've done ok with suarez and sturridge !!!!

Aquilani, Poulsen, Konchesky, Cole, Jovanovic, Carroll, Downing, Adam, Aspas, Alberto, Moses*, Cissokho* sort of evens it out a bit I guess

The only one i'm really disappointed with is obviously Soldado. Capoue i've been impressed with in the little we've seem of him due to some nasty injuries. Paulinho is adjusting to a very different league and will be an excellent signing. Lamela's been injured so the juries out. Chiriches is a perfectly adequate squad player. Eriksen is class and a snip at 12m. chadli hasn't been great bit for 7m i don't really see where we've gone wrong.

Haven't you been watching then?

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Right wing or behind the striker Rij Thats where he earn his reputation at Roma. Mindyou, apparently Sherwood is a big fan of Lennon and if Lennon plays it really has to be on the right because he's not been good when played on the left.

As far as playing behind the striker, i don't know about you but i like Eriksen up there.

yeah thats what i mean carms cant c where hes gonna settle .atm hes 3rd behind paulhino and same on the right with lennon and townsend, maybe im wrong but on what I ve aeen so far I really cant c him displacing either, maybe on the left ? but tbh its a fuc of a lot of wedge to have tied up for a maybe player.

yeah thats what i mean carms cant c where hes gonna settle .atm hes 3rd behind paulhino and same on the right with lennon and townsend, maybe im wrong but on what I ve aeen so far I really cant c him displacing either, maybe on the left ? but tbh its a fuc of a lot of wedge to have tied up for a maybe player.

Well I can't say I'm surprised....sheesh not a bad performance but more disappointment.

Sherwood will have to step down in the summer or he will be sacked.

Has all the look and feel of a caretaker manager....Bentaleb and no Paulinho.........

Edit......for fark sake.

I don't think he's one to step down lightly, he believes in what he's doing.

If he's replaced, I'll say it again any manager worth his salt will not want to work with too many players, that have already failed under two other managers, one being the great 'forward thinking' AVB.

Is Levy willing to splash the cash again?

Maybe, but I bet he'd want some return on his current investment, not that he could expect much.

We know the players worth keeping and the others will be in the summer sales.

Whispers at white hart lane suggest that sherwood will be sacked and Bruce Forsyth will be taking over in the summer

Its about time that bugger got a job! :-D

I see even Merson has joined the band of ( I call them )" wise after the eventers" to slag off Spurs summer signings, a true football expert would have the knowledge to slag then then off when first bought but i don't recall anyone doing that, now all the so called experts are coming out of the woodwork with their cheap shots.

It seems to me a lot people don't know the difference between a bad player and a player who is out of form, many players have struggled in their first season at a club but the so called experts seem to forget this !

If anyone can name one new Spurs signing of the 7 who came to the club without a decent cv I'd be surprised.

I did question them on here Alfie before the season started. I asked why you had to replace some of the good players you had with players of a similar of value and gave the example of the defender whose name I can't spell being brought in for Caulker. You said Caulker wanted to go and also wasn't quick enough on the turn so fair enough.

I must admit I like Sherwood, he seems an honest guy who wants the best for Spurs and I am sure he will do well in the future but when he was appointed I said he would do well short term but long term he would be found out. I still stand by that.

Anyway Alfie you said you would be happy with 7th so your well on course to over achieve for that!

YB

Carmine, I'm surprised you give Sherwood so much grief. I was in an out of watching your game, but whenever I watched a bit Spurs seemed to be on top. Tim slagged off the players after the Chelsea game (deservedly so - although maybe should have been more private) and against Arsenal they stepped up. I don't think it was tactics that let you down, it was the lack of quality.

I'm probably showing my frustration because in certain respects he's done alright and yes, we were on top for a lot of the game.

I just think TS needs more time to learn his trade, he's very raw and some of his decisions at key stages are wrong. We need a more experienced manager.

I think any manager that would have inherited this current squad wouldn't have done any better than TS has done.

As mjj says, there are too many players that lack the quality needed and only 6-7 that are good enough, in fairness to TS, he can only be properly judged if he's given the time to

bring his own group in, if not, then whoever Levy decides to bring in will need to do the same.

If we are so lacking in quality how come we have the best away record in the league?

The current squad find it easier to play away due to less pressure from the home crowd.

Also, when playing away, they find it easier to catch teams on the break, where as at home

they lack the quality to break teams down due to the away teams sitting back.

If you can't win your home games then what chance have you got for success?

Another question would be why has this squad been unable to get any results against the current top 4 teams apart from a draw at home to Chelsea?

Cos they're not as good as the top 4 squads.

The biggest indicator this season and last, was the lack of goals this squad has managed to score, hence our -1 goal diff. There just isn't enough goal scorers in the squad.

Eriksen is one player we bought in that has proven his worth and maybe Paulinho, although he hash't been as good since his return from injury.

The other 5 just haven't done enough, whether they will next season is anyones guess, but

for me, this season is already over.

Adding to that,

Rose & Naughton have been inconsistent and prone to the odd error.

Dawson has had his better days, Kaboul is out of contract this summer.

BAE & Holtby may never return from their loans.

Siggy blows hot & cold.

Kane, when given a game hasn't taken his chance and doesn't look like he will.

Lennon, can be a match winner one game and totally out of it in another.

That leaves the remainder of which amount to 6-7 players that are good enough.

Agree with most of this, good post!

Fantastic news from the pub team up the road!

Tim Sherwood: Tottenham boss planning for 2014-15 campaign

Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood expects to be at the club next season and insists he will have control of transfer policy.

biggrin.png

Cracking effort boys, and if only Siggurdsson had gone across the keeper or at least put a bit of weight on the header you'd be going into extra time.

Oh and if only Kane had headed it back across the box.

• Like 1

Yep good effort, thought kane seemed to make a difference, what a lovely placed header for chiddely's 2nd, kane's defo stepped up from last year and given a little patience i reckon we'll have proper striker on our hands maybe a touch of sherringham bout the boy? we can only hope . I've had my doubts bout him samways relived but bentolab seems to thrive with responsibility and a rest has done him good. Shame sandro couldnt time his challenge a bit better, even if we didnt win over the 2 legs it still would have been nice to beat them on their 'impenetrable'coffee1.gif patch.

Bit tricky that one chic cos he's Dutch and drives a Ford Taunus apparently.

"And I also want to win the championship in four countries," he added. "That is my ambition. I want to accomplish that."

Might have more chance in a Chevrolet.thumbsup.gif

Don't shoot the messenger mate, it's Glenda that's been blabbing.

I think he wants the job when Agent Tim gets tumbled.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-transfers-spurs-squandered-86million-3266248?

Really chic, quoting the mail and then the mirror ,,,, quoting them and expecting people to take you anywhere near seriously, even with that avatarrolleyes.gif becomes harder and harder. they're full of absolute nonsense, their quality control for printing an article is, along as they don't get taken to court then anything goes, They arn't called the gutter press 4 nothing , they earned it. Trash comics, full of nasty trash articles for nasty trashy shallow people,