Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Jelly dog I was going to go into a rant bout you knowing nish about football, but drew the conclusion we all know that any way, so couldn't c the point rolleyes.gif but just so u know you get a far better view of the overall game from up in the stands than you do on the touchline and with hands free ect ect things can easily b controlled from up there as they can from pitch side Tbh i cant see why more managers dont sit up ther, but there u go nothing new bout football having reactionary bullshit , but there you go Not that it did us any good todaywhistling.gif , this week, piss poor from the chairman down to all concerned, JUST NOT good enuf tbh can only see a 7th place finish and hopefully no Europa league next season coffee1.gif bit like 2 day damaging man cities goal average advantage, every cloud has a silver lining !!!clap2.gif

I can't hear you. You sound as though you are in a distant cave surrounded by keening madmen. Try again.

Did you hear the away fans chanting sarcastically "where is our manager'?

that was weird that. if your team is two-nil down you don't sit up there in the stand looking like you don't give a <deleted>.

exactly, in the technical area, sleeves up and giving it big time. Especially when you have a team out there seemingly without a leader and you've and you have given the responsibity of marshaling your midfield to a nineteen year old and a No 10!!

Rumours gaining pace Sherwood smacked either Dawson or Rose!! Rumours are rumors but this is one to indulge in!

exactly, in the technical area, sleeves up and giving it big time. Especially when you have a team out there seemingly without a leader and you've and you have given the responsibity of marshaling your midfield to a nineteen year old and a No 10!!

Rumours gaining pace Sherwood smacked either Dawson or Rose!! Rumours are rumors but this is one to indulge in!

I guess he just sat there bottling up his anger, when as you say he should have been giving it some from the technical area. I was amazed that he stayed there in the second half.

I guess he just sat there bottling up his anger, when as you say he should have been giving it some from the technical area. I was amazed that he stayed there in the second half.

I think he lost his grip a few games back. I'm betting he has assumed he is going to be canned, got all petulant and bothered by that, and lost sight of the obvious reality that he is a manager in the EPL. Angry with the players because he blames them for his eventual axing. A disaster, and apparently clueless about why that's the case.coffee1.gif

• Like 2

There's a slightly used banner up Manchester way which could be used for the next home game S H E R WO O D (replacing Moyes) might present some problems in length, might need a bigger plane. smile.png Seriously as a neutral for the game I sat down expecting a toe to toe thriller but it appeared neither the Spurs team or manager seemed to show any passion or desire whatsoever.

Great idea to let Defoe go,still up in the race but with a negative goal difference which is usually associated with teams facing relegation.No doubt Mr Levy has another solution up his sleeve.

There's a slightly used banner up Manchester way which could be used for the next home game S H E R WO O D (replacing Moyes) might present some problems in length, might need a bigger plane. smile.png Seriously as a neutral for the game I sat down expecting a toe to toe thriller but it appeared neither the Spurs team or manager seemed to show any passion or desire whatsoever.

Great idea to let Defoe go,still up in the race but with a negative goal difference which is usually associated with teams facing relegation.No doubt Mr Levy has another solution up his sleeve.

You Bored?

Seriously though i should apologize if you were disappointed, especially with the hilarious entertainment offered by United this season. Tuesday should be a belter.smile.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

If the Dawson/Rose allegatios are true, then Sherwood is real bully picking on back four players....It's not as if they can defend themselvesbiggrin.png

Anyway, off topic I know, but I love this story and have to put it somewhere!

https://twitter.com/piesportsbooze/status/450306975289856000/photo/1/large

"...tried desperately...." whistling.gif

Today was not good enough and we let everyone down, but the rumours about the boss hitting someone are , crazy how powerful twitter is

So it is true!! More likely Danny Rose, he's a gobby midget as opposed to Dawson whose a stand up bloke and likely to belt Sherwood back!

Got to laugh at the state of the club atmsmile.png

Nothing good to say. No positives, we've totally regressed as a side over the season and last night was simply beyond the pale..

Laughable team selection pairing Bentaleb and Gylfi. I think Sherwoods taking the piss.

Naughton has no place on a premier league football pitch. Rose little better. (Benny had his faults but at least he was reliable. Still on the books playing for someone else!)

Whats happened to Kaboul! Never seen him play as badly. Vertonghens strolling around with a face like a smacked arse.

Two players i felt sorry for. sold ado who recieved zero service and Lloris without whom it could and should have been worse.

Sherwood sits in the stands whilst the rather ridiculous Chris Ramsey jumps around in the technical area being largely ignored by our players who are too hell bent on bearing more gifts to Liverpool.

Tim, if you want to go now i wouldn't stop you. You tactics and team selection made a laughing stock of us last night and i was embarrassed watching that mismatch of an occasion. Once i saw that suicidle team selection i was dreading the game.

This season can't finish soon enough, get a proper manager in and try not to sack him inside the next season Levy

Just NO STABILITY surely ??? coffee1.gif

You guys worry about other teams managers too much ! Look nearer home might be a good idea ! Just a thought. biggrin.png

Maybe Alfie as the new manager might be a good fit facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif Carmine as assistant of course thumbsup.gif

BT biggrin.png

Might i remind you Tim's on an 18 month contract which says he's a caretaker and its not as if we've appointed a bumbling clown on a six year contract paying 5.9m euros per annum!

The last thing we need now is stability mate and this is what we've been trying to tell you dreamers on your thread. stability Bigfoot is the enemy of success. Its allows players like Vertonghen to get petulant, sit on their laurels in the knowledge that their place is secure when intact their body language alone is a disgrace and he should be dropped. There was NO STABILITY under ferguson and yet it seems only the hapless Man Utd supporters have failed to grasp this!!!!

Just for the record, i think i could do a significantly better job than Sherwood.

I see a fair bit of crap on the TVF, and hands up, I do my share.

But if carmine is not speaking the truth with this post, I'm a dutchman.

wai.gif

Edited by P45Mustang

Not only have you failed to do us a favour but you are now seriously affecting our goal difference. Useless gits !!

rolleyes.gif

Don't cry for me Argentina.......

I'm pretty sure it should be you lot who are crying after that performance smokes.

And so will you lot at the end of the season if you don't start to show a bit more character.....something this Liverpool appears to have in spades.

Its going to be a great end to the season doncha think? biggrin.png

Oh and for the record...we are past tears an just shaking our heads and laughing now.

Does Mr Levy need a course in driving instruction?

carmine has nailed the spurs saga for me.

Troops need leadership. A couple of games ago, Sherwood was up and down from the stand to the technical area all afternoon.

Headless, clueless knee jerk reaction to AVB's complete and utter lack of ...well everything tbh.

Well your 'coaching team' dont seem to believe in Holding Midfielders..........http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/tottenham-hotspur/spurs_coach_holding_midfielders_are_overrated_just_look_at_man_city_1_3254990

Ferdinand seems to be talking a load of <deleted> to me!! The reason Yaya has scored so many goals this year is because Fernandhino has been exceptional in front of the back 4, allowing Yaya to get forward. Unfortunately Spurs dont have anyone of that calibre.

I still think you have wasted Bales' money, bought a lot of mediocrity. The more I see of Soldado, the more I shake my head in wondermentblink.png .

And I think its a mistake that your bosses are meeting with other managers DURING the season, especially with only 7 games left... Cant be good for team morale. Sherwood has given up already, I reckon, and who can blame him.

Miracle in the second half? Highly unlikely!sad.png

Did you read this post Mystic :

I see even Merson has joined the band of ( I call them )" wise after the eventers" to slag off Spurs summer signings, a true football expert would have the knowledge to slag then then off when first bought but i don't recall anyone doing that, now all the so called experts are coming out of the woodwork with their cheap shots.

It seems to me a lot people don't know the difference between a bad player and a player who is out of form, many players have struggled in their first season at a club but the so called experts seem to forget this !

If anyone can name one new Spurs signing of the 7 who came to the club without a decent cv I'd be surprised.

Mystic, Mystic, Mystic what have I told you about coming on here with the wrong facts, what mangers are our bosses meeting up with with only 7 seven games to go ?

Well your 'coaching team' dont seem to believe in Holding Midfielders..........http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/tottenham-hotspur/spurs_coach_holding_midfielders_are_overrated_just_look_at_man_city_1_3254990

Ferdinand seems to be talking a load of <deleted> to me!! The reason Yaya has scored so many goals this year is because Fernandhino has been exceptional in front of the back 4, allowing Yaya to get forward. Unfortunately Spurs dont have anyone of that calibre.

I still think you have wasted Bales' money, bought a lot of mediocrity. The more I see of Soldado, the more I shake my head in wondermentblink.png .

And I think its a mistake that your bosses are meeting with other managers DURING the season, especially with only 7 games left... Cant be good for team morale. Sherwood has given up already, I reckon, and who can blame him.

I see even Merson has joined the band of ( I call them )" wise after the eventers" to slag off Spurs summer signings, a true football expert would have the knowledge to slag then then off when first bought but i don't recall anyone doing that, now all the so called experts are coming out of the woodwork with their cheap shots.

It seems to me a lot people don't know the difference between a bad player and a player who is out of form, many players have struggled in their first season at a club but the so called experts seem to forget this !

If anyone can name one new Spurs signing of the 7 who came to the club without a decent cv I'd be surprised.

Mystic, Mystic, Mystic what have I told you about coming on here with the wrong facts, what mangers are our bosses meeting up with with only 7 seven games to go ?

First of all, you dont get to tell me anything, including what I can post, or where I post itwink.png

The meeting between De Gaal and Levy has been reported by several agencies, including this one......http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26798631

Had it not been true, then Levy should have come out and denied it.

If you go back a few months you will see that most posters who were not Spurs fans, were coming on here taking the mickey about the standard of players you had bought.laugh.png

I, myself seem to have had a tete a tete with you regarding the value to our respective teams regarding Paulinho and Fernandhino. I seem to remember saying wait till the end of the season..... well it seems I dont need to wait that long as Paulinho cant even get a regular game with your sorry lot!laugh.png

Regarding decent cv's..................... Kevin Phillips and Grant Holt have decent cvsbiggrin.png

But when you are selling a world class player like Bale, you need to bring in like for like or as near to it as possible.... Spurs didnt do that.

Bu t some of you guys on here are the original flip floppers!!!!! AVB is a great manager with potential, now you slag him off. Sherwood a young and upcoming manager with lots of potential.... you guys were singing his praises a few months ago...... now he's getting slagged off!!

Spurs will be playing Thursday evening league on the outskirts of Munich if they are lucky next season.

Same as Man U.

How Man U and Spurs leadership deal with this is their test.

Brutal reality.

First of all, you dont get to tell me anything, including what I can post, or where I post itwink.png

The meeting between De Gaal and Levy has been reported by several agencies, including this one......http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26798631

If you go back a few months you will see that most posters who were not Spurs fans, were coming on here taking the mickey about the standard of players you had bought.laugh.png

I, myself seem to have had a tete a tete with you regarding the value to our respective teams regarding Paulinho and Fernandhino. I seem to remember saying wait till the end of the season..... well it seems I dont need to wait that long as Paulinho cant even get a regular game with your sorry lot!laugh.png

Regarding decent cv's..................... Kevin Phillips and Grant Holt have decent cvsbiggrin.png

But when you are selling a world class player like Bale, you need to bring in like for like or as near to it as possible.... Spurs didnt do that.

Bu t some of you guys on here are the original flip floppers!!!!! AVB is a great manager with potential, now you slag him off. Sherwood a young and upcoming manager with lots of potential.... you guys were singing his praises a few months ago...... now he's getting slagged off!!

The meeting between De Gaal and Levy has been reported by several agencies,

Where have i said that a meeting didn't take place ? but you actually said "other managers during the season, especially with only 7 games left... " making it sound like they are chasing all and sundry, when in fact they've only apparently spoken to one manager and that meeting was over 3 months ago, nothing to do with 7 games to go.

That's why I said get your facts right !!!!!

Why are you putting that on a reply to me ? I didn't say it !!!!!!!!!!

So when Spurs signed the seven did you come on here saying ''Spurs bought a lot of mediocrity " ? and if you think Philips and Grant had a decent cv compared to the Spurs seven then that's something else you ain't got a clue about.

The meeting between De Gaal and Levy has been reported by several agencies,

Where have i said that a meeting didn't take place ? but you actually said "other managers during the season, especially with only 7 games left... " making it sound like they are chasing all and sundry, when in fact they've only apparently spoken to one manager and that meeting was over 3 months ago, nothing to do with 7 games to go.

That's why I said get your facts right !!!!!

Why are you putting that on a reply to me ? I didn't say it !!!!!!!!!!

So when Spurs signed the seven did you come on here saying ''Spurs bought a lot of mediocrity " ? and if you think Philips and Grant had a decent cv compared to the Spurs seven then that's something else you ain't got a clue about.

Alfie lets be honest here, did you or did you not do a lot of - facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif This at the start of the season ?? coffee1.gif So telling someone they haven't got a clue is a bit Ironic don't you think ?

BT biggrin.png

• Like 1

Spurs will be playing Thursday evening league on the outskirts of Munich if they are lucky next season.

Same as Man U.

Brutal reality.

Spurs and Man u both wont be playing Europa next season !!!!!!!!!! so lets hope its Utd.

• Like 1

Same as Man U.

Brutal reality.

Spurs and Man u both wont be playing Europa next season !!!!!!!!!! so lets hope its Utd.

Good point Alfie.

Could be good for Aeroflot too if Man U do it. Building their Ukraine-Crimea business, like.

Cos I don't think AVB will cut it at Zenith St Petersburg either tbh.facepalm.gif

Everton are looking promising though.

New rumours about Sherwood punching a player:

Sherwood tried to punch Lloris and Kaboul tried to defend his keeper but ended up punching himself in the face and the defenders left gaps open for 3 extra punches.

Soldado tried to punch Sherwood lots of times but missed as he can only punch when Sherwood is handcuffed.

Lamela bought a very expensive new pair of boxing gloves but is not fighting. Lennon is currently running around the dressing room at high speed but missing all his punches.

Ledley King has been punched and has died, his good friend Abou Diaby was very sad at hearing the news but also passed away after being given a pat on the back by Flamini.

Townsend is hiding in the toilet but giving everyone stick on twitter about being punched, from his phone.

Wojciech Szczesny and Kieran Gibbs have broken into the dressing room and taken a selfie with Sherwood, who then punched Kieran Gibbs, mistaking him for Chadli.

Try signing a player thats "already acknowledged" as world class if you don't have champions league football.

Regards posters coming on here and slagging our new signings i noticed it was just the usual suspects so nothing to get alarmed about. With incoming players, i tend to let them have a season to adjust before judging them. If they get crocked early i'll give them longer.

Regards the Fernandinho/Paulinho debate i acknowledge, and to my surprise that your man has had the better season. He's adjusted quickly. However, he's maybe 4/5 years older than Paulinho and you paid 30m for him, we paying 17m. I'm still happy with our choice of player although i expect him to flourish under new management, not under Sherwood. You understandably think your man the better player but i doubt you'll find a Brazillian that would agree. I'll hold my hands up if he doesn't improve next season but he needs a new coach, someone other than nTim who'll pick Bentaleb seemingly regardless of any situation.

BTW, i've never slagged off AVB and never agreed with his sacking and still think we would be better off keeping him.

Try signing a player thats "already acknowledged" as world class if you don't have champions league football.

Regards posters coming on here and slagging our new signings i noticed it was just the usual suspects so nothing to get alarmed about. With incoming players, i tend to let them have a season to adjust before judging them. If they get crocked early i'll give them longer.

Regards the Fernandinho/Paulinho debate i acknowledge, and to my surprise that your man has had the better season. He's adjusted quickly. However, he's maybe 4/5 years older than Paulinho and you paid 30m for him, we paying 17m. I'm still happy with our choice of player although i expect him to flourish under new management, not under Sherwood. You understandably think your man the better player but i doubt you'll find a Brazillian that would agree. I'll hold my hands up if he doesn't improve next season but he needs a new coach, someone other than nTim who'll pick Bentaleb seemingly regardless of any situation.

BTW, i've never slagged off AVB and never agreed with his sacking and still think we would be better off keeping him.

So you wanted STABILITY ??

BT