Tottenham Thread

chonabot

How would you guys feel about Rafa being your next manager?

I'm ok with that. Are you?

Yep, no problem for me. I made no bones about my angst of Rafa being appointed Chelsea manager and I made no bones about him gaining my respect when he went. I'm just surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet as I think he would jump at the chance to manage in the epl again. Proven record in the epl and Europe. He would be a good fit IMO.

How would you guys feel about Rafa being your next manager?

I'm ok with that. Are you?

Yep, no problem for me. I made no bones about my angst of Rafa being appointed Chelsea manager and I made no bones about him gaining my respect when he went. I'm just surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet as I think he would jump at the chance to manage in the epl again. Proven record in the epl and Europe. He would be a good fit IMO.

he's quite enjoying life in naples apparently.

• Like 1

on the face of it 2nite should be an defo win, our talismatic cf bac against a struggling sunderland team atm looking bang on 4 the drop, and with their poor history against us at the lane, and on mondays in general, all seems 2 point to a relatively straight 4 ward 3 points ,,,,, but tbh all sounds just a little 2 comfortable.

on the face of it 2nite should be an defo win, our talismatic cf bac against a struggling sunderland team atm looking bang on 4 the drop, and with their poor history against us at the lane, and on mondays in general, all seems 2 point to a relatively straight 4 ward 3 points ,,,,, but tbh all sounds just a little 2 comfortable.

I think its quite important we lose Rij so United get the Europa spot. biggrin.png Actually our whole run in looks worryingly routine, if anythings routine playing teams fighting relegation.

On the subject of the Europa, i really don't want to be in that boring, waste of a tournament next season. All it does is increase injuries mess up the league fixture list and theres no money in it and little kudos.

• Like 1

maybe carms, but with the size squad we've got and the new ground coming up, what with the talk of ground sharing, chances are we'll be bleeding cash left and right,and to avoid a huge cull,im thinking levy will be reckoning the club will be needing the extra few mil from the europa. but injury wise and the actual comp itself yeah i make u right the first couple of rounds aint exactly an attractive proposition.

maybe carms, but with the size squad we've got and the new ground coming up, what with the talk of ground sharing, chances are we'll be bleeding cash left and right,and to avoid a huge cull,im thinking levy will be reckoning the club will be needing the extra few mil from the europa. but injury wise and the actual comp itself yeah i make u right the first couple of rounds aint exactly an attractive proposition.

Talking of the squad we also need to invest in our defense. Naughton is simply not good enough. BAE should never have been loaned out because he's more reliable than Rose and less injury prone.

Vertonghen looks like a player who wants to go and his drop in form this season shows it. He's never been right since Barcelona voiced an interest.

Looks like a mistake selling Caulker.

Kaboul was absolutely dreadful last weekend against Liverpool. Is he the player he was before this last 18 months out? He's out of contract in the summer too.

Dawson will be another year older and looks increasingly nervous against quick turning strikers.

Lloris seems to want out!

Jeepers!! It just goes onfacepalm.gif

• Like 1

A time for 'inspirational transition' then carmine.thumbsup.gif

Don't listen to any snide comments coming from United about the need for stability.

As if you would of course.

Spurs to beat Sunderland soundly tonight I feel.

wink.png

Thaksin, according to the FA.

Nah in fairness he bought man city in 2006 ish when he had no conviction and sold it pre conviction in 2007 ish, it was just man city desperate for money and not caring where or at whose cost it came, nothing much has changed

A time for 'inspirational transition' then carmine.thumbsup.gif

Don't listen to any snide comments coming from United about the need for stability.

As if you would of course.

Spurs to beat Sunderland soundly tonight I feel.

wink.png

Not so far as 1-1, must admit Tots have more possesion and look more likely to score again, They just need a bit more Stability thumbsup.gif

BT coffee1.gif

Nah in fairness he bought man city in 2006 ish when he had no conviction and sold it pre conviction in 2007 ish, it was just man city desperate for money and not caring where or at whose cost it came, nothing much has changed

My original point was pertinent, conviction/s or not, was Thaksin a fit and proper person in the eyes of the FA? Nothing to do with Manchester City. The FA are charged with making an independent decision, are they not? Did the FA make the correct decision as to whether he was a fit and proper person?

My thoughts at that time, and remain so today, is they were wrong to deem Thaksin as fit and proper.

I could post many more links from 2006/07, but here's a digest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-463585/Thaksin-Shinawatra--fit-proper-person.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6922650.stm

My original point was pertinent, conviction/s or not, was Thaksin a fit and proper person in the eyes of the FA? Nothing to do with Manchester City. The FA are charged with making an independent decision, are they not? Did the FA make the correct decision as to whether he was a fit and proper person?

My thoughts at that time, and remain so today, is they were wrong to deem Thaksin as fit and proper.

I could post many more links from 2006/07, but here's a digest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-463585/Thaksin-Shinawatra--fit-proper-person.html

I'm not a thaksin fan but an article by the bbc and the mail cheesy.gif dont constitute a strong enuf argument to stop a corporate buy out, in defense of the fa when he bought a club arguably dieing on its feet, he had a clean sheet aka no convictions SO AT THE TIME all the widely available info could well be VERY STRONGLY argued as being speculation , And b4 he was ACTUALLY convicted and the fa would have had to step in he cleverly sold the club.

Edited by rijit

I always felt Adebayor looks a complete tool with this saluting business after he's scored so you can imagine my horror now it seems our manager and non descipt asst Chris Ramsey are joining in.

Rather than knob around behaving like semi retarded kids why can't they just get their heads down and attempt to produce a level of football that might actually warrant something remotely approaching the obscene salaries they receive. They been hammered by all the four clubs in the existing top four, under achieved woefully all season and now i have to put up with this carry on of saluting each other because they have just managed to beat a team soon to be relegated.

Go on lads salute each other beating relegation fodder then capitulate like spineless cowards in the big games. Perhaps they should be reminded that rather than congratulate themselves they have actually all but blown our one main objective this season by cowering and capitulating in all the big games

If the word is true that Louis Van Gaal has long since signed with us i think some of our squad are going to get a fire cracker up the arse when he arrives.

Tootle Pip

• Like 1

I always felt Adebayor looks a complete tool with this saluting business after he's scored so you can imagine my horror now it seems our manager and non descipt asst Chris Ramsey are joining in.

Rather than knob around behaving like semi retarded kids why can't they just get their heads down and attempt to produce a level of football that might actually warrant something remotely approaching the obscene salaries they receive. They been hammered by all the four clubs in the existing top four, under achieved woefully all season and now i have to put up with this carry on of saluting each other because they have just managed to beat a team soon to be relegated.

Go on lads salute each other beating relegation fodder then capitulate like spineless cowards in the big games. Perhaps they should be reminded that rather than congratulate themselves they have actually all but blown our one main objective this season by cowering and capitulating in all the big games

If the word is true that Louis Van Gaal has long since signed with us i think some of our squad are going to get a fire cracker up the arse when he arrives.

Tootle Pip

In fairness carmine, I don't think you can throw this one at Adeboy?

Maybe if AVB had played him a bit more, it might have helped.

I like the salute btw. A little bit of fun and entertainment for us neutrals.

When Adeboy does it that is. Sherwood is a joke.

Well played against Sunderland. Eriksen clearly class. Shame for Poyert, he's a good man.