Tottenham Thread

chonabot

^ Bet he's always had more hair than youbiggrin.png

Going off topic a bit Wils but I will throw a few things at you about hair etc, if more hair is meaning longer hair then yes he has always had more hair than me although I did partake in the fashion of the late 1970's of having permed and long hair at the back !!! now if having more hair means having thicker hair then perhaps he hasn't always had more hair than me, I will let you decide as you come across as being more of an hairdresser then me tongue.png

That might be the scariest thing I have ever heard. Some sort of bizarre mullet ?tongue.png

Think about it.....

C9BA1DCD3EDF51E3162824B7617C43.jpg

or maybe....

leo_sayer.jpg

Edited by Chicog

So assuming the moaners take the easy way out and go for Van Gaal, who would be next on your list?

Right now I'd fancy Klopp or Pochettino if Wenger decides to hang up his sleeping bag coat.

Klopp won't leave Dortmund. I'd go for the argentine.

The case or not for Pochettino http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2014/4/21/5637008/tottenham-hotspur-mauricio-pochettino

Now clear favourite.

So assuming the moaners take the easy way out and go for Van Gaal, who would be next on your list?

Right now I'd fancy Klopp or Pochettino if Wenger decides to hang up his sleeping bag coat.

Klopp won't leave Dortmund. I'd go for the argentine.

The case or not for Pochettino http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2014/4/21/5637008/tottenham-hotspur-mauricio-pochettino

Now clear favourite.

But shooting into second place Frank de Boer

Yeh the De Boer news is welcome from my perspective. Were not offering CL, we offer that crap Europa tournament and we have a trigger happy chairman who doesn't seem to listen to anyone or acknowledge his own flaws. Our defense needs a total overhaul and we still have striker issues. We never properly replaced Modric because he buggered up the Moutinho transfer, a transfer we desperately to happen, top of AVB's "needs" list as opposed to "wish" list. Any new manager would be taking on a side that has simply regressed over the last twelve months and is in danger of being sacked by Levy's insatiable desire for immediate success.

Our new manager needs to hold onto Lloris, i would have said Vertonghen too but he clearly doesn't want to play for us. Eriksen would be very happy with De Boer too which is equally important. I presuming the new manager will bring in his coaching staff too because i'm sick of seeing Ferdinand and Ramsey on the touchline looking like a pair of gormless muppets.

Unfortunately an awful lot of Spurs fans need to wise up, smell the coffee and realize the with our chairman, the Europa league and a defense thats in tatters were far from an attractive prospect, but with the right choice and given some time not an insurmountable task because the nucleus of a top side is there.

• Like 1

Yeh the De Boer news is welcome from my perspective. Were not offering CL, we offer that crap Europa tournament and we have a trigger happy chairman who doesn't seem to listen to anyone or acknowledge his own flaws. Our defense needs a total overhaul and we still have striker issues. We never properly replaced Modric because he buggered up the Moutinho transfer, a transfer we desperately to happen, top of AVB's "needs" list as opposed to "wish" list. Any new manager would be taking on a side that has simply regressed over the last twelve months and is in danger of being sacked by Levy's insatiable desire for immediate success.

Our new manager needs to hold onto Lloris, i would have said Vertonghen too but he clearly doesn't want to play for us. Eriksen would be very happy with De Boer too which is equally important. I presuming the new manager will bring in his coaching staff too because i'm sick of seeing Ferdinand and Ramsey on the touchline looking like a pair of gormless muppets.

Unfortunately an awful lot of Spurs fans need to wise up, smell the coffee and realize the with our chairman, the Europa league and a defense thats in tatters were far from an attractive prospect, but with the right choice and given some time not an insurmountable task because the nucleus of a top side is there.

I have my doubts whether the nucleus of a top side is there.

Too many question marks over the current squad, like you say, what will happen with Lioris and Vertonghen? we also need a better LB. and probably two new centre backs.

Apart from Kyle Walker, we could end up with a complete new defence and GK. and this is what the nucleus of a top side is built on.

We have an abundance of midfield players to pick from, but again questions over what will

we do with our strikers? Keep what we have or replace them?

Then on top of all that, we have the question of who's going to be the manager next season?

Another transitional season?

This is genuine from my 11y/o Son ,is it a fair appraisal? (C&P from a facebook thingy)

Team: Tottenham
Best player: Eriksen
Worst player: capoe
Underrated : lamela
Overrated : Danny rose

Comment for teams

give lamela a chance he's quality

yeah good work 4 a yung un. when capoe arrived he looked the real deal as a holding central midfeilder big strong, aggressive, quick feet and pace even a man utd mate went wow ! but since injury and sherwood he just aint sbown. thing is with lamela, we just dont know, he's shown flashs and then he's got injured. big thing for me is then where do you play him ? wide right, hes up against lennon or townsend off the striker he's up aginst eri kson saldado kane. but at 30 mil and a huge reputation , hes got to be given ago. and as for Rose , its his second season as a full back and it totally shows in his positioning 4 defending, SHOCKING,but his BIG plus is like walker he's just so quick..next season 4 me with rose is make or break, step up or shift out. also which aint helped him is being paired next to verity , who aint the best of defenders good footballer ? yeah 4 sure , good defender? nah. as 4 erickson he's a game changer and has stepped up, so probaly yeah a fair call 4 our best player. tell the young man were all impressed and to keep up the good.work.

yeah good work 4 a yung un. when capoe arrived he looked the real deal as a holding central midfeilder big strong, aggressive, quick feet and pace even a man utd mate went wow ! but since injury and sherwood he just aint sbown. thing is with lamela, we just dont know, he's shown flashs and then he's got injured. big thing for me is then where do you play him ? wide right, hes up against lennon or townsend off the striker he's up aginst eri kson saldado kane. but at 30 mil and a huge reputation , hes got to be given ago. and as for Rose , its his second season as a full back and it totally shows in his positioning 4 defending, SHOCKING,but his BIG plus is like walker he's just so quick..next season 4 me with rose is make or break, step up or shift out. also which aint helped him is being paired next to verity , who aint the best of defenders good footballer ? yeah 4 sure , good defender? nah. as 4 erickson he's a game changer and has stepped up, so probaly yeah a fair call 4 our best player. tell the young man were all impressed and to keep up the good.work.

Probably won't have that problem next year.

Nice to see that Tim has learnt a couple of things from Harry,how to talk a load of <deleted> and how to sing his own praises !!

Best Tottenham manager ever ! He has proved to be clueless in nearly every sense. Amazingly Dim.

Nice to see that Tim has learnt a couple of things from Harry,how to talk a load of <deleted> and how to sing his own praises !!

i think this last statement from him sums him up. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to understand what a clown he makes himself look. Personally i can't wait to see the back of him, he's a cocky &lt;deleted&gt;.

I always remember Sherwood for his team selection at Anfield. Atleast he brought comedy to the game.

• Like 1

This is genuine from my 11y/o Son ,is it a fair appraisal? (C&P from a facebook thingy)

Team: Tottenham

Best player: Eriksen

Worst player: capoe

Underrated : lamela

Overrated : Danny rose

Comment for teams

give lamela a chance he's quality

Clever lad!! Mindyou, Capoue is not our worst player. Naughton owns that one

Funny one this....Erik Lamela has scored more goals and made more assists this season than Lennon and Townsend. Not bad considering he's been injured for almost the entire season and very embarrassing for Townsend and Tim's little favorite Arron Lennon.

Mate i' m a fan of his when he gets hold of the ball and brings it forward CLASS but as a defender ie doing his job he just aint great. ive been saying it for, how long carms? and this season that lhs ,,,poor imo is being kind, the belgiesm are my dark horses for having a good world cup atm 20 mil ish and i'de be a hapi enuf bunny. but with agood world cup and bearing in mind he's a left footer we could probably do better. not sure if there's any truth in the rumor if cardiff goes.down we'd have 1 st dibs on caulker, but 10 -15 ish should sort them out and with him , another natural leftie, ide be hapi , and carms is right bout naughton and those stats bout lamela ,, surprising and when u add his starts to goals something like 1 in 3 !!!, but stats can misled,lets not kid our selfs , he's struggled for a decent part of the season, but still there's time yet.

Mate i' m a fan of his when he gets hold of the ball and brings it forward CLASS but as a defender ie doing his job he just aint great. ive been saying it for, how long carms? and this season that lhs ,,,poor imo is being kind, the belgiesm are my dark horses for having a good world cup atm 20 mil ish and i'de be a hapi enuf bunny. but with agood world cup and bearing in mind he's a left footer we could probably do better. not sure if there's any truth in the rumor if cardiff goes.down we'd have 1 st dibs on caulker, but 10 -15 ish should sort them out and with him , another natural leftie, ide be hapi , and carms is right bout naughton and those stats bout lamela ,, surprising and when u add his starts to goals something like 1 in 3 !!!, but stats can misled,lets not kid our selfs , he's struggled for a decent part of the season, but still there's time yet.

In fairness Rij has said this all along about Vertonghen. This season he's been just plain poor but what has gotten under my skin is his attitude. He's had his head turned and maybe we should hope he has a good world cup so we can sell him for top dollar.

It may well we we have first dibs on Caulker and frankly i've yet to see what Chiriches has brought to the side that Caulker didn't have. Both moved on a 9m fee too!

Lastly, it says enough about Lamela's ability that even though he's hardly been fit all season he's still being considered for inclusion in Argentinas squad. Its not like they don't have a strong talented group of players either.

• Like 1

In fairness Rij has said this all along about Vertonghen. This season he's been just plain poor but what has gotten under my skin is his attitude. He's had his head turned and maybe we should hope he has a good world cup so we can sell him for top dollar.

It may well we we have first dibs on Caulker and frankly i've yet to see what Chiriches has brought to the side that Caulker didn't have. Both moved on a 9m fee too!

Lastly, it says enough about Lamela's ability that even though he's hardly been fit all season he's still being considered for inclusion in Argentinas squad. Its not like they don't have a strong talented group of players either.

v v strong rumor is that teves isnt going

oh and if were talkin stats,,,,accordin 2 the bbc, sherwoods currently got our best wins ratio at 58 %!!!!

He does but i don't think its particularly over so few matches and especially considering he has overseen are elimination from the calling to west Ham, the Fa cup to Arsenal and our exit from the Europa. And lets face it, some of his selections and tactics have been laughable. In short he needs more time to learn his trade perhaps with a smaller club with lower aspirations and one day he could prove to be a very good coach

Tevez won't go unless the Argentina FA "forces" Sabella the manager to take him. Tevez has a history of creating problems in the locker room for the NT and his performances for them have been relatively poor over the years. The Argentina FA did force Sergio Batista to take Tevez a few years ago for the Copa America. Tevez has a raging fan base in Argentina. Way more so than Messi.

I doubt Lamela has a shot with the NT. Fernando Gago will be coming back from injury about WC time and if he's not fit then it could be a maybe for Lamela. Sabella is generally not fond of finesse type players who don't track back well-one strike against Lamela (in addition to his long lay off). Plus, when you field Messi, Aguero, Higuain and Di Maria at the same time you aren't afforded the luxury of midfielders who aren't very defensive minded.

• Like 2

Funny one this....Erik Lamela has scored more goals and made more assists this season than Lennon and Townsend. Not bad considering he's been injured for almost the entire season and very embarrassing for Townsend and Tim's little favorite Arron Lennon.

Puts paid to the Lamela struggling for his place bs....let's hope he makes a real impact next season.

• Like 1