Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Not enough leaving in my view. Signing a young English player is good news but why the hell did Levy supposedly block Adeboyer's loan to the Spammers - makes absolutely no sense bah.gif

Levy annoys me immensely

He blocked it cos the tight fisted WHU owners would only pay half of Adebayors wages

with Levy having to pay the other half.

Oh, and he hates WHU and therefore wouldn't want to be paying our player to play for them,

for any other team like QPR or Crystal Palace he was willing to let him go, but Adebayor didn't

want to go to them.

So we are left with paying 100% of wages for him to sit on the bench or occasionally jog/stroll around the pitch doing sweet fa.

I'd rather pay 50% and watch him do exactly the same at WHU.

• Like 2

Not enough leaving in my view. Signing a young English player is good news but why the hell did Levy supposedly block Adeboyer's loan to the Spammers - makes absolutely no sense bah.gif

Levy annoys me immensely

He blocked it cos the tight fisted WHU owners would only pay half of Adebayors wages

Oh, and he hates WHU and therefore wouldn't want to be paying our player to play for them,

for any other team like QPR or Crystal Palace he was willing to let him go, but Adebayor didn't

want to go to them.

So we are left with paying 100% of wages for him to sit on the bench or occasionally jog/stroll around the pitch doing sweet fa.

It does look like Levy showing his pig headed side doesn't it. Adebayor is clearly finished at Spurs and a wasted slot in our squad.

Mind you, Spurs fans booing any Spurs player is a disgrace and those responsible, probably the west stand season ticket whiners, definitely haven't helped the cause and should be ashamed of themselves.

Hopefully Pritchard is lined up as a future No.10.

I like the look of him and has stepped up to the championship well , but can you see him jumping in front of anyone atm? give him another season out on loan, maybe get him in the prem and iif he does well then i reckon potts seriously look at him, unless we handle it a bit better and get him a 'better' loan could he be getting a ' good championship lower league player tag.

Read what I said !

yeah and read what i said

If I could see him jumping in front of anyone atm, I would have said that he is one for now not one for the future whistling.gif

The future s pretty non specific mate could mean nezt week it could mean six months or two years in the future.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

On another subject, i wonder what all the posters on here, that have dissed our signings last summer have to say for themselves now!!?

Eriksen and Chadli alone pay for the lot! Dier and Stambouli proven a snip too as squad players.

still hope for Lamela and Paulinho but looks like Chiriches and Capoue are write offs. With Soldado its just a case of getting back what we can but the damage isn't nearly as bad as some think as a significant slice of the 26m deal was built up by add ons.

Naughty going for 5m was a coup and hopefully Lennon mind get some games at Everton and we'll sell him.

Edited by carmine

Tom Carrol will be turning 23 this year, so next season should be make or break

for his Tottenham career, i hope he can become established in Poch's side as he

has great vision for a defence splitting pass.

Pair him with any of our current def mids and I just think that it will be too lightweight sad.png

It would be a shame to lose him though, cos he has great passing ability and ball retention,

maybe he can be used as a back up no:10 for Eriksen.

Our current team struggles when Eriksen doesn't play as we don't really have another

no10, although Dembele & Paulinho has been used there recently, i think Carrol could play that role well.

Maybe sell Paulinho this summer and replace him with Carrol.

Might aswell say it now since we are on the Tom Carrol subject.

I don't think he is good enough and won't make the grade at Spurs. Not quite enough of everything.

Erik Lamela is also a far more accomplished stand in at no10.

yeah agreed cant see him cracking it as a no ten but hes been playing deeper at swansea and frankly doing it really well. Could see potts giving him a go there.

On another subject, i wonder what all the posters on here, that have dissed our signings last summer have to say for themselves now!!?

Eriksen and Chadli alone pay for the lot! Dier and Stambouli proven a snip too as squad players.

still hope for Lamela and Paulinho but looks like Chiriches and Capoue are write offs. With Soldado its just a case of getting back what we can but the damage isn't nearly as bad as some think as a significant slice of the 26m deal was built up by add ons.

Naughty going for 5m was a coup and hopefully Lennon mind get some games at Everton and we'll sell him.

Agree with most of that but Paulinho seems to have lost his way badly.

If only Lamela would find some consistency....and make a permanent fixture alongside Eriksen and Kane in the attack.

I'd be very happy to see it!

Levy annoys me immensely

want to go to them.

It does look like Levy showing his pig headed side doesn't it. Adebayor is clearly finished at Spurs and a wasted slot in our squad.

Mind you, Spurs fans booing any Spurs player is a disgrace and those responsible, probably the west stand season ticket whiners, definitely haven't helped the cause and should be ashamed of themselves.

I think what Levy was also worried about was if Ade went to WHU and turned it on for them by scoring enough goals to compete with us in the league standings.

Then he would have even more egg on his face, we all know Ade is quite capable in doing that, just like he did for us last season,when Sherwood took over and inspired him to start scoring goals.

Sotsira - I hear what you're saying, just for me he has to be got rid of. And Adebayor biggrin.png

Lets not forget though, that it's Joe Lewis who owns the majority share % of the club

not Levy, so shifting him only wouldn't change much for the club.

Levy annoys me immensely

want to go to them.

I think what Levy was also worried about was if Ade went to WHU and turned it on for them by scoring enough goals to compete with us in the league standings.

Then he would have even more egg on his face, we all know Ade is quite capable in doing that, just like he did for us last season,when Sherwood took over and inspired him to start scoring goals.

yep all of that, and i don't suppose the court case helped relations whistling.gif . what you reckons sots, Lennon to turn it on for everton ? bet ure arse martinez just focus's him on the rhs and wouldn't be surprised if he's not one of the most effective signings of the window .

Edited by rijit

Sotsira - I hear what you're saying, just for me he has to be got rid of. And Adebayor biggrin.png

Adebaywhore is your Mark Bosnich. You need to get someone to start slipping him some colombian marching powder and then catch him with a "random" drugs test.

biggrin.png

Adebaywhore is your Mark Bosnich. You need to get someone to start slipping him some colombian marching powder and then catch him with a "random" drugs test.

biggrin.png

more crap from the arse wipe

biggrin.png

From his performance's this season it seems he's already up to his eyeballs on methadone.

Just read that Pochettino has announced we have a fully fit squad! Bear in mind the derby will be our 39th game, more than any other team.

In recent years our injury list was an ongoing worry but now, under MP our fitness levels have gone through the roof and the injury lists is negligible.

I think it must be a combination of having a very young squad, a superb training center and better training methods and of course an element of good fortune, but regardless, it bodes very well for the remainder of the season.

Might also go some way to answer the question as to why we've come back strong late on in many games and gone on to win. Certainly too many times to be a fluke.

Have to say i'm atlas happy with things now and the progress is clearly there to see.

Edited by carmine

Just read that Pochettino has announced we have a fully fit squad! Bear in mind the derby will be our 39th game, more than any other team.

In recent years our injury list was an ongoing worry but now, under MP our fitness levels have gone through the roof and the injury lists is negligible.

I think it must be a combination of having a very young squad, a superb training center and better training methods and of course an element of good fortune, but regardless, it bodes very well for the remainder of the season.

Might also go some way to answer the question as to why we've come back strong late on in many games and gone on to win. Certainly too many times to be a fluke.

Have to say i'm atlas happy with things now and the progress is clearly there to see.

I remember reading an article earlier on in the season that said that Southampton had had very few injuries under Poch last season !

Pritchard is a great player.. I've watched him at Brentford many times.

I know the Bees would love to keep him.

interesting to see which side he'd be on if the Bees get promotion.

unless a more established prem team comes in reckon we"d let brentford keep him on loan for the season. The only unknown is if he can cut it in the prem so hopefully it'll be good for everyone.

Big decision to make regarding the attacking three. Obviously Eriksen plus two but then theres the dilemma. Personally i think we need to go with the in form Dembele who's proving so much more effective playing further up the pitch. Then theres the problem of fitting in Chadli who's also bee so effective both in his goals but also excellent in his defending and pressing. He might have to start on the bench and bought on as an impact sub. Other side probably goes to Lamela.

Likely line up; Lloris

Walker Fazio Vertonghen Rose

Bentaleb Mason

Lamela Dembele Eriksen

Kane

Big decision to make regarding the attacking three. Obviously Eriksen plus two but then theres the dilemma. Personally i think we need to go with the in form Dembele who's proving so much more effective playing further up the pitch. Then theres the problem of fitting in Chadli who's also bee so effective both in his goals but also excellent in his defending and pressing. He might have to start on the bench and bought on as an impact sub. Other side probably goes to Lamela.

Likely line up; Lloris

Walker Fazio Vertonghen Rose

Bentaleb Mason

Lamela Dembele Eriksen

Kane

I'd prefer Chadli to Lamela to be fair but can't see him on the right ! could always put Dembele on the right I suppose, or perhaps he'll just tell them all to keep interchanging !