Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Until the 45min when we finally scored, i thought we were going the same way as Man City

did against Norwich and end up with a 0-0 draw as we were constantly denied by Guzan and

the woodwork.

Great performance by Delli Alli who provided both assists for Kane, what a player he is at only

19yrs.

I'm wondering what team Poch will put out on Thursday against Dortmund seeing it's a lost

cause now.

Imo he should rest Lloris, the whole back 4, Dier, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela & Kane.

It's just not worth risking any of them to injury at this crucial stage of the season.

Solid professional performance all round. Bodes well although Villa are pitiful!

struggling to recall a worse team in the premier league era. they are awful in every department.

Derby only won one game all season in 2007/08 finished bottom with 11pts

Sunderland finished bottom in season 2005/06 with 15pts

Solid professional performance all round. Bodes well although Villa are pitiful!

struggling to recall a worse team in the premier league era. they are awful in every department.

yeah i remember that derby side only getting the 11 points, that was horrible. but just don't remember them look quite as pathetic and pointless as this villa side. particularly given they spent about fifty million quid last summer.

• Like 1

yeah i remember that derby side only getting the 11 points, that was horrible. but just don't remember them look quite as pathetic and pointless as this villa side. particularly given they spent about fifty million quid last summer.

Yeah, not moaning about getting the 3 points. But sad to see a once great club reduced to that. Alfie will probably remember and may have been there. villa were the first team to play at the lane after us signing villa and ardilles the place was totally amazing the teams were welcomed to blaze of ticker tape and huge optimism, we'd just drawn away at the then champions notts Forest. Ron Saunders Villa with shaw Mortimer ect came out and gave us a lesson and brought us bang down to reality wiinning 4-1 , that team went on to win the league and the next year the European cup. To see them reduced to feilding a group of players with not enuf bottle to battle bac from any set bac, even the manager says once a goals conceded their gonna concede more !! its beyond sad. Not a fan of old school but these spoilt suckers that happily take the clubs wedge could use a short sharp reminder of lifes reality for most that and what they go through to be able to pay to watch their teams.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Has Alli got any competition for the young player of the year?

The answer to that is no. Thats done and dusted.

Toby Alderweirald, our player of the season should be a contender for the leagues player of the season but won't be due to it always going to a midfielder or striker.

I'd give that to Payet or Mahrez personally.

Mahrez undoubtedly the finest footballer in the UK at the moment in terms of technical skills. I just wonder whether Vardy doesn't edge it in terms of him being the obvious talisman of the Leicester team and his higher goals scored. His raw power on the run and on striking the ball might just live in the memory more than Mahrez's more cultured/technical approach work.

Will be interesting to see what the Pros think.

Yeah, can't really see further than.those for player of the year. Contenders? no ONE from the usual suspects Ltd, chavs. the arsewipes m city ,,, w t f !!! payet,,, just class . Alderweireld has had a great season,, kane Proving many, me included wrong. expected a tuf. 2nd Alli defo best young and newcomer. Maybe nearlies? , cech sanchez smalling debruyne Lloris. Butland.

would haves? Shaw started to REALLY impress. no injuries sturridge

But others,,, can't see nearly Enuf consistency but think those leicester boys,,, for sure.

Yeah, can't really see further than.those for player of the year. Contenders? no ONE from the usual suspects Ltd, chavs. the arsewipes m city ,,, w t f !!! payet,,, just class . Alderweireld has had a great season,, kane Proving many, me included wrong. expected a tuf. 2nd Alli defo best young and newcomer. Maybe nearlies? , cech sanchez smalling debruyne Lloris. Butland.

would haves? Shaw started to REALLY impress. no injuries sturridge

But others,,, can't see nearly Enuf consistency but think those leicester boys,,, for sure.

Willian an honorable mention.

^ yeah probably in the nearlies, but for a predominatly opponents half player delivered enuf assists yeah but imo nearly not enuf goals.

sanchez? smalling? butland?

probably needs a separate thread this. but keeper of the season by a country mile is de gea again. united would be bottom half if it wasn't for him.

True forgot de gea .

They did to us what we do to others. And over the 2 the goal difis about right if not slightly kind for us And what evers said bout the title the champs

lge has to be the priority. To night positives gave the'others' time and showed us at the next step up Exactly. where the squads weak.

No real surprises tonight...mainly for me not starting with Carroll but the boss probably felt he has to put out a half decent team at home.

The Germans are real quality so no great surprise to us.

Onward and upward in our quest for CL football next season!

No real surprises tonight...mainly for me not starting with Carroll but the boss probably felt he has to put out a half decent team at home.

The Germans are real quality so no great surprise to us.

Onward and upward in our quest for CL football next season!

Posh held his hands up for his selection errors in the first leg and this tie was over and done with. I was surprised in a way he didn't rest more players but Dortmund are too good a side. They are within a few points of Bayern with no real resources.

Carroll and Mason in a 4231 doesn't work and would get overrun by a side like Dortmund any day of the week. Carroll lightweight and Mason needs to be alongside a defensive mid.

Thank you for the points. Maybe we'll meet again next season in the Championsleague :)

Apologies to Spurs fans for highjacking your forum.

NiwPix: it sounds like your Dortmund played well and are still quite a team. I've posted on the City forum before that the best team we've played in our CL seasons is Dortmund; at the Etihad we were over run and saved a drubbing by an inspired Joe Hart. So my question is, do today's Dortmund play similar to Klopps Dortmund, but if they don't, how has their style of play changed?

Thank you for the points. Maybe we'll meet again next season in the Championsleague :)

NiwPix: it sounds like your Dortmund played well and are still quite a team. I've posted on the City forum before that the best team we've played in our CL seasons is Dortmund; at the Etihad we were over run and saved a drubbing by an inspired Joe Hart. So my question is, do today's Dortmund play similar to Klopps Dortmund, but if they don't, how has their style of play changed?

Ans they havnt changed significantly They still press all over the .park and break extremely quickly. No doubts a class act.

Thank you for the points. Maybe we'll meet again next season in the Championsleague smile.png

I also apologize for hijacking the thread. There is just so little interest in BVB / Bayern here...but after this post I will create a new thread all about Bundesliga ( no specific team )...hopefully that'll keep bundesliga talk out of individual threads.

To answer your question BB,

they are still playing very well, however, I feel like it changed a slight bit. We still press like hell all over the field, but what I think changed was the way we present ourselves on the field.

During Klopps time, it was a real joy / treat to watch dortmund. You could really see the fun they had playing....back and forth passes in the opponents box "carrying" the ball into the net. Trick shots and passes. Surrounded by 2 or 3 players and just getting out of that huddle messi style.

Now, it seems like we moved from successful street football to successful professional football...as in we "grew up". The head is used a lot more than the legs. It's more tactical than "fun".

I am not saying that now is better or worse than before...it just changed. During the Klopp era, we were also called the Kindergarten Group or the wild bunch, because of the young age and carefree playing.

Now, with some of the same players still in the squad, we grew up and there is a sense of "pressure".

It is hard to explain....

Either way, we are still successful and that is what counts. Here an interesting statistic:

Now, under Thomas Tuchel ( the guy who took over at Mainz when Klopp left from Mainz to Dortmund )

2015/16: 26 Games, 61 points

Under Klopp, the 2 Bundesliga Championship years,

2010/2011: 26 Games, 61 Points

2011/2012: 26 Games, 59 Points

Our 2 Bundesliga Champion years under Klopp:

• Like 2