Tottenham Thread

chonabot

This is it lads. Leicester win, we don't its over.

Full strength tonight. Lets have it!

Sorry to piss on your chips mate but Leicester don't seem to be choking and for most of the game yesterday you where tongue.png

I see you are on the Monday club for the next 3 weeks strange that.

I thought we would have problems under the added pressure of the Leicester win and i think this might be part of a reason why we started a little flat.

However unlike any Spurs team of the past we got stuck ground it out and showed a lot of character. Second half was a revelation and it could have been more than three.

The Alderweirald/Vertonghen partnership looked really sound and i think, bar a terrific solo effort from Martial that was United only shot on target.

United fans are apparently, and quite justifiably furious with van Gaals tactics. However they are still in with a shot at top four.

Three monday nighters on the bounce is harsh but the focus will be to keep doing what we are doing and hope for an unlikely slip up from Leicester.

Sorry to piss on your chips mate but Leicester don't seem to be choking and for most of the game yesterday you where tongue.png

Choking is exactly what we didn't do MrEd. It was merely a case of United competing well in the first half. Second half you got shredded.

Well, that and some weird and unfathomable decision by Luis the loon.

Luv it, we ' bottled' it yet beat them 3-0. :D I thought Ltd were nothing more than average given their investment,, that's poor. Post match There was talk by the pundits of us going on and dominating the prem, 2 oprimistic? As long standing fan Im having difficulty in getting my head around it,but its there on the pitch for all to see, with this team its a distinct possibility.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Luv it, we ' bottled' it yet beat them 3-0. biggrin.png I thought Ltd were nothing more than average given their investment,, that's poor. Post match There was talk by the pundits of us going on and dominating the prem, 2 oprimistic? As long standing fan Im having difficulty in getting my head around it,but its there on the pitch for all to see, with this team its a distinct possibility.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

United have spent in the region of 230m and regressed under van Gaal. The players were not even going over to thank their supporters until Giggs told them to. Under this management their are clearly major problems.

I still hold with the opinion that they have talented players that are not being utilized properly. I don't give van Gaal much credit for the youngsters that have come through because those changes were forced on him through injuries.

We did what we had to do but make no mistake, this United side is a shadow of what used to be. However for me its plain to see that a change in management would sort things out in time.

As for Spurs, keep our key players and our manager and we will go on to bigger and better things. Already a very strong unit it will only improve under Pochettino who is a very very good manager with a squad totally behind him.

Pochettino and Wenger dead on about this:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/15/arsene-wenger-referee-change-spurs-stoke-kevin-friend

Another bone headed decision. Allowing social media to dictate a referee change so some corporate type cowards can cover their asses if need be. Another slippery slope. Incredibly poor judgement.bah.gif

The right decision but for the wrong reason.

He is an awful awful referee who should not be officiating at this level.

I've been to a few lower division games that he has destroyed.

If it get's aggresive in the game at all then he goes to pieces & it all becomes about him.

Tonight's game should be a fiesty affair so he is not right for it.

The lot up the road are not a happy bunch:

(sorry but no subtitles)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIvTIdtQ_Sk&feature=youtu.be

Pochettino and Wenger dead on about this:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/15/arsene-wenger-referee-change-spurs-stoke-kevin-friend

Another bone headed decision. Allowing social media to dictate a referee change so some corporate type cowards can cover their asses if need be. Another slippery slope. Incredibly poor judgement.bah.gif

great result, this TEAM , never ceases to amaze me, we must be a nightmare to play against, lose the ball at your peril we break so quickly with plenty width pace power, i dont like to say but this is one shit hot team.

• Like 1

great result, this TEAM , never ceases to amaze me, we must be a nightmare to play against, lose the ball at your peril we break so quickly with plenty width pace power, i dont like to say but this is one shit hot team.

team is a key word, wimmer cant get back into the side, he did a fantastic job when called upon.

walker seems to have had a maturity pill.

exciting side, pace, but with some dembele dier grunt.

lamela and erikson seem to have improved so much.

great to watch, keep it going lads.

Lets start by saying that Leicester should have enough of a gap and will probably win the league but one thing for sure, they'll be looking over their shoulders now after that performance last night.

Alls must be a great win double bet for goal and miss of the season!!

Just a brilliant performance. Should have been about eight nil. Bat the Alli miss, which was farcical, a faultless ninety minutes.

So good intact its wrong to single anyone out.

The fitness and energy level at this stage of the season is amazing.

Next monday the Baggies. A tough one. They are in no mans land with little to play for and will come for a point. They'll be well organized and hard to break down.

I'm sure we will but no walk in the park.

has the team thats scored the most goals and conceded the least ever been runners up in the premier league era?

Yep, it happened in 1997-98 season carms.

ManUtd finished 2nd with 78 goals for and 26 against.

Arsenal finished 1st, one point ahead, with 68 goals for and 33 against.