Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Good news for tiny totts fans, they're guaranteed to get to Wembley next season.

Tottenham Hotspur will hold their home Champions League games at Wembley next season, the stadium confirmed on Saturday.

As Sportsmail reported earlier this week, the Football Association and Spurs have also reached an agreement for the Premier League club to hire the stadium for the full 2017-18 season if required while their new stadium is being built.

Do you reckon there is a clause if Spurs got through to a semi final, that the opposing team can contest it being played at Wembley due to it being Spurs home ground?

Probably a ruling somewhere !

Edited by alfieconn

Do you reckon there is a clause if Spurs got through to a semi final, that the opposing team can contest it being played at Wembley due to it being Spurs home ground?

I don't think you need to worry about that too much.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

What a strange article, it's almost as though Rucker Haringey believes there's only Arsenal and Spurs in the Premier with money to spend.

What kind of name is Rucker Haringey anyway? I have to assume a yank as he uses the term "double pivot", what?

Anyway looking forward to David Pleat and others trying to pronounce "Granit Xhaka"; and what an awesome name that is for a defensive midfielder.

Looks like this double pivot thing is catching on as the French are at it now

Le double pivot des Spurs travaille avec les 2 centraux pour créer un homme libre, idéalement Alderweireld

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The 5 players from Spurs in the England team cost a total of 13m pounds which when put against the cost of Sterling @ approx 44m seems quite good value smile.png

Sterlings been a mixture of rubbish and embarrassingly bad, in which order i'm not sure.

Unlike most thought sterling did ok in the first England game made a number of lung busting runs and threatened around the box but in the second. game didn't do much after his miss in the ?? Minute,, but running into a sea of well enuf drilled defenders is a tall ask for anyone of his ilk he's basically a wingers and in decades of watching footie ain't seen many that are consistent week in week out, seems an unfortunate part of their nature.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The 5 players from Spurs in the England team cost a total of 13m pounds which when put against the cost of Sterling @ approx 44m seems quite good value smile.png

Absolutely and the value of Sterling is now plummeting.

Yep,for every 'winner' there's a Bentley or a rebrov lurking, think we can count our blessings with poch another manager might well have seen lamella in a very diferent light...

Maybe but can't see anyone in and around the starting line up wanting away, why would they? But tbh can't see this newbie getting in the team atm maybe decent cover and competition for dembele, when he went out we seriously missed him and god forbid if we lost dier !!! seems totally ridiculous 11 million for cover but there you go.

Nice player Wanyama and at maybe better than a fair price.

Yeah when he's on his game,, inconsistent has been a re occurring critism. And when a player signs for less than his last fee,, hate to say it but alarm bells start going off,, a little,, who knows maybe we've pulled one off,, time will tell

Yeah when he's on his game,, inconsistent has been a re occurring critism. And when a player signs for less than his last fee,, hate to say it but alarm bells start going off,, a little,, who knows maybe we've pulled one off,, time will tell

Pardon?

I feel a circumcision coming on!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa

Connect Thailand mobile app

Soton getting something rather than nothing. One year left on the contract.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Janssen from Ak Alkmaar in for £16m....anyone seen much of him?

I certainly haven't but the feedback is good and its a very Poch style signing. Young player already showing a lot of potential and happy to fight for a starting place.